PDA

View Full Version : Filters on A&H mixer

serox
25-05-2004, 04:47 PM
have never had a chance to play around with the mixer wihtout people around. Only see them in clubs/partys etc so do not get the chance. i have seen the filters but how do they work?! what do they do??

I only ever use the xfader when mixing and nothing else, see these mixers with all this other shit and i am always to scared to try and touch it:)

thnx :)

dirty_bass
25-05-2004, 04:55 PM
The filter will filter any channel you assign to it, assign the 2nd slider to the cut off, and play around.
You get 3 types to chose from, low pass, high pass, and band pass.
They operate from different directions so don`t flick between filters in the mix.
The low pass opens up from left to right
the high pass from right to left.
I can`t live without em any more.
Careful you don`t overdo the resonance.

serox
25-05-2004, 05:22 PM
going to need to find one i can play with and hear it :)

does it help to make smoother mixes?
I heard someone using it before but culd not tel what was happening but he was doing some tight mixing...

dirty_bass
25-05-2004, 06:57 PM
smoother mixing, hmm, well, you can use the high pass to filter out the low frequencies, but really it`s for tricks, and enhancing breakdowns, and generally having fun with.
the only thing that`ll make smoother mixes is really good use of eq.

Jimfish
25-05-2004, 10:58 PM
yeah, when i used to mix a few years back i used to tape the crossfader in the middle and just use the eq's and faders to mix - i found that was the way to get the mixes the smoothest.. not that i know **** all about dj'ing really :roll:

i would say get yer head round filters mate.. they are a very basic thing and one of the first things you need to understand if you are at all serious about dance music... ;)

Jimfish
25-05-2004, 11:00 PM
yeah, when i used to mix a few years back i used to tape the crossfader in the middle and just use the eq's and faders to mix - i found that was the way to get the mixes the smoothest.. not that i know **** all about dj'ing really :roll:

i would say get yer head round filters mate.. they are a very basic thing and one of the first things you need to understand if you are at all serious about dance music... ;)

heavy beats
26-05-2004, 01:28 AM
the a&h is a clean mixer, but imo it's not a techno mixer. the eq cuts like crazy and the fader is annnoying. I like to slam shit left and right... and i perfer the pioneer overall.

dirty_bass
26-05-2004, 02:20 AM
You must be kidding, the A&H is great for techno. the sound quality is fantastic. The eq`s are fantastic, the filters are great, the crossfader is a little short, but other than that, I wouldn`t use anything else now. the sound just makes the rig sound extra phat.

heavy beats
26-05-2004, 09:59 AM
nope, honest opinion. I do love the filters on the a&h, but the faders just doesnt do it for me.... i like faders that cut fast. I guess it's just the hip hop in me....

FILTERZ
26-05-2004, 10:11 AM
You must be kidding, the A&H is great for techno. the sound quality is fantastic. The eq`s are fantastic, the filters are great, the crossfader is a little short, but other than that, I wouldn`t use anything else now. the sound just makes the rig sound extra phat.

my mate has one of these its a class act i have to say, filters are great just dont over do it ;)

gumpy green
26-05-2004, 10:50 AM
nope, honest opinion. I do love the filters on the a&h, but the faders just doesnt do it for me.... i like faders that cut fast. I guess it's just the hip hop in me....

yup me too....vestax all the way and outboard fx.

using a akai filter at the mo and it is way better sounding than the A+H, plus you get other fx---distortion, lfos, phase shifter and much more resonance..

In my opinion id get a good simple mixer than can take a caining, (vestax skratch mixas are the ones for this) and get whatever fx you want to add to it.

serox
27-05-2004, 05:04 PM
yeh will test the filter out n see what happens.
as for FX: hate them. rather hear tight mixin alone, forget about the spin backs and FX.
:dontevengothere:

sash
01-06-2004, 11:59 PM
A & H mixers put their gains on the back panel rather than on the top. This is annoying. Havin the gain pots on the top panel is an advantage.

278d7e64a374de26f==