PDA

View Full Version : decent pitch shiftin

Jimfish
01-06-2004, 11:54 PM
After hearing Baz's 'serrato pitch n time' TDM plugin the other day im feeling thoroughly dissatisfied with the abilities of my system to peeform decent pitch shifts..

basically my options are:

cubase audio channel pitch shifting (no good cos i want to automatee pitch curves)

sonic foundry pitch shift (sounds like shit)

waves pitch shift (doesnt go deep enough, very hungry, and doesnt sound smooth when automated..)

surely there must be more options within the vst/directx realms.. anybody know anything?

jake
02-06-2004, 06:41 AM
id rewire ableton live or export audio from live to your daw :)

FILTERZ
02-06-2004, 10:05 AM
I seem to remember something called timefactory which was good for both stretching and pitch shifting, cant remember who made it though :oops:

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 03:11 PM
timefactory.. ok ill ave a look

ZM you know anything?

DJZeMig_L
02-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Can only think of melodine or the roland VP stuff... but that u can only get in software with the VariOS or the VP9000 hardware which was really expensive...

But it has now been included on the new range of keyboard workstations.

Timefactory .. ain't bad u can find it in Logic. but don't really think that it's much better than the one in SX... don't use the automatic, use the one on the Audio/ process cause u can tweak the parameters till u reach what sounds better 4 yer pourpose.

Z

Basil Rush
02-06-2004, 06:45 PM
i played with fruity once and did some radical things with a pitch shifter / scratching tool in it ... cant' remember what the quality was like but it wasn't too limiting or anything.

shame waves haven't uped the range on their new tool. someone should write to them and tell 'em to sort it out :)

actually the serato one has been around for a while, you could find a copy of that from 'somewhere' and use it with PT free or something maybe? not as good as an integrated one but might work...

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 06:56 PM
so can you automate a pitch curve with timefactory?

in fact.. is there any way to do it within sx?

:)

DJZeMig_L
02-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Double click on the audio part containing the wave/ ctrl+a (to select the complete sample)/ right click/ process/ Pitch Shift/ envelope... have fun! ;)

Z

Dustin Zahn
02-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I'd stick with Ableton's pitch shifting. Kontakt is decent I guess...

I'm really considering buying the Roland Variphrase sampler.

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 07:47 PM
OH MY GOD!!!

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 07:49 PM
i didnt think you could automate the curve in ableton.. so you can have shit sliding up and down in pitch all over the shop

i dont use ableton anyway :( - yet..

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 07:56 PM
yeah but that solves my problem exactly ZM... ta!

(doesnt quite sound as nice as serato tho :cry: )

xfive
04-06-2004, 08:10 PM
i didnt think you could automate the curve in ableton.. so you can have shit sliding up and down in pitch all over the shop

i dont use ableton anyway :( - yet..

Pitch-shifting envelopes that aren't linked to the loop size??
Mmmmmmmmm

You really should give it a good whirl... I don't use anything but.
And now that Live4 is gonna be out soon.... :!: :!: :!: :!:

/me goes off to change his pants......

278d7e64a374de26f==