PDA

View Full Version : POSTING MY LOOP...HOW TO...

tracatak
06-06-2004, 06:53 PM
ok i wanna show u all my progress ..and get some constructive critiscm...and maybe you can tell me if im making a techno track or if its sterred off into some other wierd experimental genre..lol..im pertty confident that it classifies as techno but i worry too much..hah...how do i now get it to link in here do i gotta post it somewhere first then link it here etc..any ideas on where i can post it temp...thanks

Barely Human
08-06-2004, 12:14 AM
You need to upload your track to some webspace. If your on broadband, then you might already have some allotted to you by your isp. Check with them first. If not, then you can sign up to different music sites such as www.acidplanet.com www.mp3.com www.soundclick.com and all the others. If not, then you could always ask me nicely to host it for you ;)

tracatak
08-06-2004, 01:47 AM
oh yeah soundclick duh..i already got my hardcore mixes on there..forgot...i really only want to put em up temp..then take em down fast after a few of you heard ..so i can show u more of my progress..a few techno djs from my area (nyc) have told me i pretty much have it but i dont know seems liek im lacking one key element..sometimes i neeed to be todl shut up im doing fine..hehe until then i think im way off..DAMN BRAIN!!!..lol...ty iq

tracatak
26-06-2004, 01:06 AM
http://fileserv1.soundclick.com/fastg6/HiF/thetracatak+loop.mp3

finally i posted one of my loops i been werking on..this is one im most proud of..comments n criticsm welcome...makes me try that much harder//remember im knew to this genre...am in the techno ballpark? does it have too much of this ...is it got the TECHNO STYLE etc.thanks...cant wait to see ur responsees..sorry i been so annoying during this process..but all ur help means the world to me.. :evil:

mindgame
26-06-2004, 02:34 AM
is this the same loop you were showing me the other day jay??
im at work so i cant listen now but if its diff ill ck it out when i get home.
or email it to me.

tracatak
26-06-2004, 02:55 AM
nah bro its a brand new thing i learned....check it im dying to hear ur opinion

Evil G
26-06-2004, 03:24 AM
i think this has been compressed way too much.

tracatak
26-06-2004, 04:40 AM
so if its compressd way too much what happens then its wrong or something? jsut curious i dont understand

Evil G
26-06-2004, 06:25 AM
if you zoom in on your file, you can see that the peaks are all square instead of round. it makes it sound harsh and muddy.

a raw sound will have many sharp loud bits that are too short in duration to make much impression on the listener, but they still take up headroom. when you use a hard limiter to smooth down those parts, it frees up some headroom and allows you to amplify the sound, making it louder. but there comes a point where there are no more extra bits to knock off, and the limiter starts to affect the actual sound. once this happens, you start to cut down good parts of the sound, while amplifying background noise.

of course you might want to do this on purpose to get a special effect on a sound, but you want to be careful when limiting a whole mix.

hope that makes sense.

cheers

tracatak
26-06-2004, 08:50 PM
actually it does make sense itll make more sense as i play around and learn more..his isnt gonna ever be on any track i play out live ..in oreder to get to that status i gotta learn from these mistakes..im sure ill be knockin on ur doors when i reach the next step...ty.

Evil G
26-06-2004, 09:19 PM
with a good attitude like yours it will only be a matter of time. just keep on learning and experimenting. :)

tracatak
29-06-2004, 01:43 AM
so would u say my loop is startin to tape shape ina techno way or more or house , trance sometign else sorta way...

278d7e64a374de26f==