PDA

View Full Version : Does McCormack go live?

Akkachar
25-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Is he doing PA's or not? Never heard one, maybe one of u guys heard one...

:roll:

stjohn
25-04-2005, 11:20 PM
dont think so.... he reckons it will limit his creativity as he doesnt want to just go out and re-create something he has already put together in the studio........

great interview with CmcC by Sunil here...

http://www.geocities.com/anorak303/anorak008.pdf

Komplex
26-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Thats a great interview.

Ritzi Lee
26-04-2005, 09:26 AM
C_Mc nly does studio's. :)

Mirsha
26-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah he doesn't DJ, or do live PA's and works a 9-5 job.

TechMouse
26-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Kudos to him, IMHO.

There are a hell of a lot of top-notch producers doing shite DJ sets and Live PAs all over the shop - and conversely, lots of great DJs putting out shite tracks.

Not saying it never works, but sometimes people shouldn't just assume that one imples the other.

FuK-NuT
26-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Kudos to him, IMHO.

There are a hell of a lot of top-notch producers doing shite DJ sets and Live PAs all over the shop - and conversely, lots of great DJs putting out shite tracks.

Not saying it never works, but sometimes people shouldn't just assume that one imples the other.

word ;)

MARKEG
26-04-2005, 04:06 PM
well said indeed. mccormack - one of the few true 'artists' out there.

ampassasinbirmingham
26-04-2005, 06:37 PM
whats he work as?

eyes without a face
26-04-2005, 06:44 PM
a 9 - 5 too? u sure?

ampassasinbirmingham
26-04-2005, 07:03 PM
a 9 - 5 too? u sure?

i cant imagine he makes loads of money just releasing records. especially how far apart the releases are from each other.

im really suprised he doesnt play live. id imagine the demand for him would be extremeley high and he could make a lot of money internationally.

each to their own though. it simply hightens my respect for the man.

Big up the locked E.P again tho!! :shock:

schlongfingers
26-04-2005, 07:13 PM
I hear he's cutting down the techno from now on.

eyes without a face
26-04-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah id say its fair to say no one makes much money off records these days, unless ur one of the really big playa's or release very very regulary....

so can anyone confirm this 9 - 5 thing haha

ampassasinbirmingham
26-04-2005, 07:26 PM
yeah id say its fair to say no one makes much money off records these days, unless ur one of the really big playa's or release very very regulary....

so can anyone confirm this 9 - 5 thing haha

i think he works in a metropolis style factory. making all the cogs go round perfectly.

Mirsha
26-04-2005, 10:20 PM
The 9-5 I heard about years ago said he was working a white collar job in a bank.

We could start a huge outrageous rumour mill here about McCormack, I heard he's 70 which is why he doesn't play out, his body just can't it but he has nothing else to do in his retirement apart from weeding out his flower beds and growing rhubarb.

ampassasinbirmingham
26-04-2005, 10:23 PM
The 9-5 I heard about years ago said he was working a white collar job in a bank.

We could start a huge outrageous rumour mill here about McCormack, I heard he's 70 which is why he doesn't play out, his body just can't it but he has nothing else to do in his retirement apart from weeding out his flower beds and growing rhubarb.

i hear hes only 15, and his farther was an exmilitry sargent. He is kept in a room wuith no lights and nothing but musical hardware and a computer.

His father gives him food if he makes good music.

Mirsha
27-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Was his father part of the psychology division, you know the people resopnsible to setting up massive sound systems and pumping terrible music through it in seige situations?

Maybe we should have a big rave somewhere and take hostages so the police will come along, setup a sound system for us a pump some McCormack at us, could be quite a special night.

davethedrummer
28-04-2005, 07:05 PM
i met mccormack once
nice bloke , definately talented , i think he metioned having a job then.
he was really into the studiios we had at curve pusher at the time.
a 9-5-er i reckon , good on him , hope he doesn't give up the techno , he makes some real corkers sometimes.

gumpy green
29-04-2005, 09:08 AM
check this release.

http://www.just-music.com/product.php?act=listen&preview_id=618&id=446

dirty_bass
29-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Why did they use bloody quicktime on their website. It`s shite.

gumpy green
29-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Why did they use bloody quicktime on their website. It`s shite.

i agree........just give me dl able mp3s.....i hate streaming shit too....i need to be able to skip through it quick rather than have to listen to it from the start...

schlongfingers
29-04-2005, 11:40 AM
It's embedded as an MP3, so will play in whatever your system is set to play embedded mp3's in - but yep they should offer an alternative method of playback.

Mirsha
29-04-2005, 12:06 PM
I installed Quicktime the other week, it didn't work. Then I remembered it's not really a problem as anything done in Quicktime probably isn't worth it anyway.

If I see Jamie tonight I'll pass on the comments if I'm sober enough to recognise his face.

gumpy green
29-04-2005, 12:11 PM
I installed Quicktime the other week, it didn't work. Then I remembered it's not really a problem as anything done in Quicktime probably isn't worth it anyway.

If I see Jamie tonight I'll pass on the comments if I'm sober enough to recognise his face.

dunno if hes going oot, was round at his last night and i dont think hes going...

ill tell him the next time i see him tho to see if i can get it just as mp3.....

The Overfiend
29-04-2005, 01:55 PM
His music reflects intelligence and a sound thought process.
He is creative and realistic as well.
Glad I am not the only one with a 9-5.
No Dj no Pa.

Erase Techno
29-04-2005, 03:02 PM

My god who told you that? :lol: Not true thankfully.

davethedrummer
29-04-2005, 06:53 PM
ah the man himself!
well i can totally sympathise with anyone who doesn't want to play live.
firstly it's impossible to totally recreate your studio sound and have some kind of flexibility for a wide range of tracks.
secondly its a pain in the ass...
thirdly its a pain in the ass...

etc etc etc ......

BRADLEE
29-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't know about the rumors or what not, but I am a fan of his works. Erase Techno is the one that really got me though. Was the first thing of that sort I had heard.

Erase Techno
01-05-2005, 09:59 AM
ah the man himself!
well i can totally sympathise with anyone who doesn't want to play live.
firstly it's impossible to totally recreate your studio sound and have some kind of flexibility for a wide range of tracks.
secondly its a pain in the ass...
thirdly its a pain in the ass...

etc etc etc ......

Hi Henry ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==