PDA

View Full Version : Noise Mag Edinburgh...a few words about Jeff Amadeus...!

FuK-NuT
25-05-2005, 01:46 PM
We got a rather good review after the Jeff Amadeus night, this
is wot Noise Mag had to say...

they also gave us 5 stars outa 5....nice

5 STARS (*****)

"FuK-NuT & Sekonz take punishing hard techno and mutate it into something else entirely - an adrenalin packed rush of jackhammer beats, cut together with deft flicks & twitches, the crossfader constantly moving. This is music that never rests, and its brooks no sitting still. Guest Jeff Amadeus is from a similar school of mixing: the energy of his set was incredible. He abused the mixer, twisting the gains, making the records whistle & flutter before exploding back with the bass. People say hard techno is not melodic. As a criticisn of jeff amadeus and his hosts, the Diverse Frequencies DJs,this is far from true. The musicality is all in the layered thump of the bass, the sibilant hiss of the snares, the gut-wrenching stabs of the kick drum. JakN left me feeling cleansed, a grin on my face - it is as good as clubs have ever been.

Bram Gieben (NOISE magazine)"

JohnnySideways
25-05-2005, 05:27 PM
:lol:

tocsin
25-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Congrats on the good write up. :) Wish we had more events like that out here, given the way it was described.

The Overfiend
26-05-2005, 05:09 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FuK-NuT
26-05-2005, 10:01 AM
there was also a spread about D.F and JakN and wot were about,
but its far to long for us to re-write for the boards....might scan it in tho.

The Germ
26-05-2005, 11:53 AM
hey Toscin at least we got to see him right?

i had the pleasure of spening the weekend with him one day we have like a 5 hour mixing session was madness i think we recorded it i gotta look for that.

278d7e64a374de26f==