anyone seen this ?

dirty_bass
07-06-2005, 12:20 AM
ooh, I have now
Cheers

Louis Theroux
07-06-2005, 05:46 PM
not too keen on Behringer stuff.

Technics & Pioneer are like Maserati or Ferrari of the DJing world & Behringer is the Skoda.

slavestudios
07-06-2005, 06:02 PM
some of their studio kit is a'ite for the money..

ppl turn their noses up at Behringer a lot :roll: but anything ive used has been bang on for the money.

all the bitching bout the DJM rip off was w**k. what did ppl expect for under £200 ???? it may have 'looked' like a DJM, but there was no way it was ever gonna feel or sound like one... in saying that, ive used one. and tbh ? you get a whole lot of bedroom mixer. and there are about £130 now.

of course their is better out there, but if your a strugglin jock at the bottom of the ladder who isnt gettin paid hundreds of £££ each weekend djing, it does the job.[/i]

holotropik
08-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Interesting indeed....but...it wont work.

Everyone is sticking to vinyl aren't they?? cant believe they keep building digital stuff like this when they know everyone is only using vinyl...:P

I realise that I am being a twat....sorry.

alsynthe
08-06-2005, 11:56 AM
i think its quite a good idea, if ur doing say a vs live pa, using 2 lots of hardware or laptops etc

FILTERZ
08-06-2005, 01:35 PM
looks good apart from the behringer name

not all their stuff is totally wack though , so it might be good , cant complain about the price at least ;)

slavestudios
08-06-2005, 04:31 PM
who knows.. might good, might be fanny batter :lol:

as for vinyl... its day are numbered kidz... get of the boat before it goes down eh ;)

Louis Theroux
08-06-2005, 09:47 PM
that DJM500 copy is selling for £99 these days.

RDR
08-06-2005, 09:57 PM
that DJM500 copy is selling for £99 these days.

me mate had one - typical behringer FX - very weak. felt solid enough and the sound quality was good. if a little sharp - again typical behringer, i reckon uli behringer is actually an icicle.

has anyone heard the company song for behringer? "our own way" its proper shit and really funny. and even more ironic it doesnt sound as if it was made on behringer gear.

:roll:

davethedrummer
08-06-2005, 11:28 PM
behringer are crap and always will be

slavestudios
08-06-2005, 11:41 PM

lol

its easy to mock innit

RDR
09-06-2005, 08:21 AM

lol

its easy to mock innit

Hmm, there are exceptions to the rule. How about those controllers they put out? has anyone tried them, for the money they look great.

But isnt that the story of behringer? Looks great for the money and when you got it home after a few months you were like, hmmm i dont think this is giving me what i want.

In defense of them they at least try to do things differently as a company, the list of products is MASSIVE and although i wouldnt buy another behringer item again, i would at least be prepared to give em a listen.

But not to that bloody behringer CD again. :nono: :cry: :roll: :lol:

slavestudios
09-06-2005, 05:03 PM
for the pro people who make a living out of music & release regular, Mr Drummer, Behringer simple isnt up to it..

but for those of us strugglin to pay reant AND build a studio, Behringer is a wonderful way to access the world of hardware.

some of the snobbery over their products is simple embarassing.. i'd love to have had 8 u of Drawmer as opposed to behringer, but i just couldnt afford it. and they never failed me. EVER

massplanck
09-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Roland tried to sue them recently over their new range of Guitar FX Pedals. Looked shockingingingingingly like the classic Boss range except they are going to be selling for aroun 25 euro :shock: . They changed the design but **** me that price is great. I'd fork out that on the case alone and rip out the electonics.

davethedrummer
09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
for the pro people who make a living out of music & release regular, Mr Drummer, Behringer simple isnt up to it..

but for those of us strugglin to pay reant AND build a studio, Behringer is a wonderful way to access the world of hardware.

some of the snobbery over their products is simple embarassing.. i'd love to have had 8 u of Drawmer as opposed to behringer, but i just couldnt afford it. and they never failed me. EVER

who says i'm not struggling to pay the rent too

they're still crap though

dan the acid man
10-06-2005, 11:03 AM
i'd rather save up another year and get something that adds warmth to my sound than go and buy a behringer, its not snobbery on my part, if i honestly liked the sound of behringer mixing desks, compressors etc i'd buy one, especially when they're so cheap, but i simply dont

holotropik
10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
They do a job....really well in fact. They introduce people to ideas and to the deep ocean of infinity.

sorry i am drunk :)

Eddie
10-06-2005, 12:52 PM
I got a behringer (djm 300) ripp off and it is amusingly bad. Granted it was second hand and i already have a djm 600 (which has been "borrowed") but it is absolute turd. The pfl comes through the speakerd and it generally feels cheap. It has put me off behringer for life!

Granted it is the cheaper option but if you are goin to buy a peice of kit surely its worth holding out till you can get something half descent?

slavestudios
10-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Granted it is the cheaper option but if you are goin to buy a peice of kit surely its worth holding out till you can get something half descent?

some ppl simply dont have the money to spend over £500 on a lil mixer for their bedroom..

Behringer isnt aimed at pro's. its entry level stuff. anyone expecting anything else is being foolish..

i would love Final Scratch to fiddle with in my bedroom (as i have no wish to play out anymore) but i aint spending over £500. the Behringer unit 'MIGHT' do me for a lil mix now & then...

if you have used the stuff and dont like it fair do's. but there are a lot of ppl turn their nose up at Behringer (AND companys like Samson) on the grounds that they are 'cheap rubbish' without even having used it..

friend of mine bitched like **** about his Denon being soooo much better than a Behringer.. his mixer was the guts of a thousand pound. the Behringer was £135 from Digital Village... and he's lost so much on his club night, he has to sell his Denon (never put on ANYTHING remotely decent in belfast... beyond pointless) so he may yet end up with a shitty mixer anyways lol

but what did he expext ? if i paid 1000 as opposed to 135 of these 'british pounds' i'd like to think the Denon was miles ahead lol

of course its gonna be better you muppet lol

its easy to be snattery when ya have all the kit & the tR909 & the huge mackie desk cos you can make SOME money out of music, but for those who have lost thosands in club nights & aren't too far from the breadline, its a nice to the option..

i'd love to have a bunch of legal software on my machine, but that aint gonna happen either... :eh:

slavestudios
10-06-2005, 01:06 PM

who says i'm not struggling to pay the rent too

they're still crap though

how many months behind are ya ? ;)

Eddie
10-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Fair enough, but i will not be recomending them to anyone! Dont get me wrong, i have had a couple of basic mixers (anyone remember the yellow synergy one with no eq just kills?) and it was ok, granted basic but ok build wise. I also had a numark dm2002 which again served its purpose without any complaints from me. The behringer is just so i can listen to my records on as mixing on it is both annoying and near impossible, grabbing the pioneer back when i get back from sonar

Jimfish
10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
some ppl simply dont have the money to spend over £500 on a lil mixer for their bedroom..

Behringer isnt aimed at pro's. its entry level stuff. anyone expecting anything else is being foolish..

The trick is to avoid the behringer shite, and look into somthing second hand, some pretty old gear or if you research a bit then gear that was overlooked due to bad marketing or whatever can be a proper bargain.

Behringer stuff would be amazing if it actually worked.

Jimfish
10-06-2005, 06:49 PM
saying that, i have got a behringer mixer.. and its cack of the highest order. Its the kind of stuff they give away in happy meals or crackers.

That control surface looks sweet, trouble is (based on passed experiences with most of behringers gear) i have no faith whatsoever that it will do its job.

Jimfish
10-06-2005, 06:51 PM
and im not snobbing out, im not like that at i can assure you.. Ive learned it the hard way that behringer is a pile of toss ;)

eyes without a face
10-06-2005, 07:01 PM
the bad press alone that behringer get puts me off entirely, i wouldnt touch anything by them.... everyones skint pete mate but it doesnt stop others just saving and saving, even if it means waiting as much as a year, 2 years to get the kit... or good, decent 2nd hand gear is another option as Jim said...

the behringer gear ive used sounded so cheap and nasty, id much rather use high end software over low end hardware like Behringer anyday i must say

slavestudios
11-06-2005, 11:53 AM
:roll:

RDR
11-06-2005, 05:22 PM
The trouble is...

I cant fully for sure say that EVERY piece of Behringer stuff is shit, its a fair guess to say that. But they produce so much stuff that i cant imagine that all of it is useless. At least they give people the opp. to own a piece of hardware.

just a thought.

dj id
11-06-2005, 05:48 PM

as for vinyl... its day are numbered kidz... get of the boat before it goes down eh ;)

Actually it is CD's that are going down......
They have developed a new CD format that uses a blue laser instead of a red one so that the tracks on the CD can be thinner and you can make a longer CD.........
If your vinyl was sent out into space an alien could play it with a pin and would eventually invent a record deck.....
Not so with CD's......
Also technics decks are obviously an alien invention otherwise why did they have a pitch control on them over a decade before acid house made everyone want to beat match?????

alsynthe
14-06-2005, 02:56 PM
the bad press alone that behringer get puts me off entirely, i wouldnt touch anything by them.... everyones skint pete mate but it doesnt stop others just saving and saving, even if it means waiting as much as a year, 2 years to get the kit... or good, decent 2nd hand gear is another option as Jim said...

the behringer gear ive used sounded so cheap and nasty, id much rather use high end software over low end hardware like Behringer anyday i must say

u say it sounds shit, which i do agree with, but wot about the midi controllers they brought out?? they aint that bad for the money and midi doesnt affect the quality of the sound like a bad mixer etc. does.

slavestudios
14-06-2005, 05:57 PM

Actually it is CD's that are going down......
They have developed a new CD format that uses a blue laser instead of a red one so that the tracks on the CD can be thinner and you can make a longer CD.........
If your vinyl was sent out into space an alien could play it with a pin and would eventually invent a record deck.....
Not so with CD's......
Also technics decks are obviously an alien invention otherwise why did they have a pitch control on them over a decade before acid house made everyone want to beat match?????

ha ha ha.... bang on .. speakin of acid ;)

The Divide
14-06-2005, 09:03 PM
My experience with Behringer equipment hasn’t been positive to the slightest

I had a dj mixer and it was so badly designed that when you released the kill switches they locked into kill lock. The studio mixers sound cold, my mate has one and he hates it. Says it’s the biggest waste of money he has ever bought and after playing around with the EQ I can see why. I wouldn’t even bother with any of there hardware effect units and compressors as waves plugins sound better

Behringer = Cold

Adverse
14-06-2005, 09:24 PM

agreed.

SlavikSvensk
14-06-2005, 09:50 PM
cheaply-made stuff that is designed to look like less-cheaply made stuff...

slavestudios
14-06-2005, 11:24 PM
lol

slavestudios
15-06-2005, 08:24 PM
bear in mind this a controller in one aspect.. not a processor.

yee of little faith lol

278d7e64a374de26f==