PDA

View Full Version : DJ bone-

ampassasinbirmingham
27-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Always heard good things about his dj sets and his productions are always spot on.

I downloaded a set of here about a week or so ago and im just listening to it now. Ive never seen or heard a bone set before until now and ive clearly missed out. £ tunes all the time, constantly changing, always perfect. The sets really funky without being cheesy. This man has got some records and seems to know every single one inside out.

a while ago we were talking about older dj's/producers making way for newer ones, to have the skill, knowledge and record collection of this man you have to simply be an old school master.

Anyone else got some more of his sets that i can here? Is he a resident at voodoo? This guy could make a party go off.

oldbugger
27-06-2005, 04:22 PM
yeah hes a resident at voodoo.

hes fuking amazing, you should go check him out at voodoo :cool:

think he has 6 dates a year there or something like that. pretty sure he's on in october. although i could be wrong

oldbugger
27-06-2005, 04:24 PM
did you get the set that i posted in techno filez last week?

i think the link is down now but if you want it and have soulseek pm me :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
27-06-2005, 04:24 PM
cool, will be up north in october so i think i will check him out.

it could just be the good mood im in but this set is unreal, one of the best sets ive ever heard.

SlavikSvensk
27-06-2005, 04:32 PM
bone is THE MAN!

oldbugger
27-06-2005, 04:35 PM

it could just be the good mood im in but this set is unreal, one of the best sets ive ever heard.

what set is it? where did you get it? :eh:

Traxx
27-06-2005, 05:03 PM
He is quality.

ampassasinbirmingham
27-06-2005, 05:21 PM

yeah thats the set. quality

oldbugger
27-06-2005, 05:24 PM

yeah thats the set. quality

:eh:

eyes without a face
27-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Dj Bone is awesome, seriously one of the best out there

Zektor
27-06-2005, 06:59 PM
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/player/audio.jsp?audionumber=17941490

DJ Bone - 05 June - 2004 - Eindhoven - Holland

check this out. One of my fave dj sets of the year 2004!!!

g
27-06-2005, 07:19 PM
nice to see y'all catching up... ;) :)

make sure you pick up (like, actually BUY) the Subject Detroit Volume 3 mix cd that will be out July 9. 2 cd mix, 54 brand new unreleased tracks from artists all over the world. Bone proper with 3 decks and dubplates and nothing else.

check out: http://www.7mzdt.com/subjectdetroit/SDV3.JPG

"people who purchase this cd directly from Subject Detroit will
receive an exclusive bonus 7" containing 2 DJ Bone tracks....

*to order, e-mail: subjectdetroit@gmail.com
*payments accepted thru paypal
*orders shipped via USPS priority and USPS global priority

official release date: july 2005"

it's not on the Subject site yet, but you can email above.

will be back at Voodoo in August.

Zektor
27-06-2005, 08:12 PM
check out: http://www.7mzdt.com/subjectdetroit/SDV3.JPG

that's probably the dopest promotion design for a mix project i've ever seen.

g
27-06-2005, 08:47 PM
the man does things right.

ds2
27-06-2005, 09:02 PM
there's a video knocking about somewhere of bone doing a mix in a studio. it's corking. i'll try and find the link again.

we put him on in leeds on a sunday night maybe 5 or 6 years ago now, around the time jaguar came out and he absolutely killed it. 2 copies of jaguar into moodyman's shades of jae.

still the best detroit set i've ever heard. :shock:

Traxx
27-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Find the link :!:

conflict
27-06-2005, 09:18 PM
my techno collection is seriously lacking dj bone sets

quite illusive

g
27-06-2005, 09:52 PM
that video you mention was probably from the Vibeflow show. but i don't think it's online anymore.

ds2
27-06-2005, 10:01 PM
that video you mention was probably from the Vibeflow show. but i don't think it's online anymore.

that's the one.

Frank Dogshit
27-06-2005, 11:30 PM
a true pro.

you never hear a bad dj bone set,ever!

pumpinglemma
06-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Looks like I'm the only person that thinks hes way overrated. Saw him in dublin a couple of times and everyones goes on how good he is, so was thinking maybe he was not good on those nights. then saw him a third time in Voodoo where hes resident as someone mentioned. Thought he was mediocre. Dunno just think the tracks he plays are kinda boring and he cant pull off half the tricks hes trying,. Just my 2 cents!
Good name tho :twisted:

If anyone has a link to a good bone mix to prove me wrong..
;)

Frank Dogshit
07-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Looks like I'm the only person that thinks hes way overrated. Saw him in dublin a couple of times and everyones goes on how good he is, so was thinking maybe he was not good on those nights. then saw him a third time in Voodoo where hes resident as someone mentioned. Thought he was mediocre. Dunno just think the tracks he plays are kinda boring and he cant pull off half the tricks hes trying,. Just my 2 cents!

;)

mediocre at voodoo??clean your ears out son! :nono: ;)

g
07-07-2005, 12:20 AM
...and he cant pull off half the tricks hes trying...
the hell he can't. if you don't dig his playing that's totally fine, but he is not a hack by any stretch of the imagination.

SlavikSvensk
07-07-2005, 12:31 AM
i haven't seen him play for years, but back in the day he was great. heard a more recent mix that sounded like he's still got it...

The Overfiend
07-07-2005, 04:34 AM
Bone is funk, rhythm, and soul in Electronic music.
Highly underated and much appreciated in my book.
F*ck what you heard.
Would love to see him and Sims tag team.

SlavikSvensk
07-07-2005, 06:13 AM
F*ck what you heard.

:scratch: not sure if you're talking to me (right above you, and used the words "i heard") or pumpinglemma, who thinks dj bone is overrated...

...if it was me, then i guess i wasn't clear in my words...what i heard most recently (mp3) tells me bone is as good as ever...

The Overfiend
07-07-2005, 06:33 AM
It's a figure of speech :doh:

Francisco Scaramanga
07-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I think Bone is well good, I've only seem him once, at AJ a few years back, but I've listened to quite a few of his sets. All are always enjoyable - however, to all you who reckon he is flawless - I have evidence of sloppy mixes from the Bone. They are forgivable mistakes, sort of like a Jeff Mills scenario - he's going for it like ****, but mistakes nontheless. Its on an MP3 set I downloaded, the filename is rw.2003-08-15.djbone.2.mp3, thats all I know about it. As I said though, I dont really fault him for it, its nearly 3 hours long, he's obviousy ripping it up, and I think it just took a bit of time to get into the swing as most of the really obvious mistakes are at the start. But they are pretty obvious - so he is definately human!

My favourite Bone mix is one I recorded off the John Peel show a few years back, its only 45 minutes, but he plays alot of records, every one bang on, no slip ups, and some of the best 3 deck mixing I've ever heard.

Is the Subject Detroit thingy released yet?

stjohn
07-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Looks like I'm the only person that thinks hes way overrated. Saw him in dublin a couple of times and everyones goes on how and he cant pull off half the tricks hes trying,.

i caught him once here too and was expecting something big, but i think there was something up with the monitoring system because every SINGLE mix was off.

i was actually shocked.

it was a while back for a launch night in the crypt for D1, with whom he just released a new track.

he plays here alot so maybe ill check him next time or buy the CD, coz he seems to get alot of ppl banterin about him.

pity about that one night whatever the problem was :shock:

pumpinglemma
07-07-2005, 01:41 PM

;)

They must have been dirty the 3 times I saw him then!
I dont really give a crap about the mistakes that much and i loves mills quik'n'dirty style but its more the tunes he played. Just didn't do it for me.
I'll hunt down the mix again tho and give him another chance.

Francisco Scaramanga
07-07-2005, 01:48 PM

;)

They must have been dirty the 3 times I saw him then!
I dont really give a crap about the mistakes that much and i loves mills quik'n'dirty style but its more the tunes he played. Just didn't do it for me.
I'll hunt down the mix again tho and give him another chance.

Try and find the mix off the John Peel show, that really is an amazing piece of work. If you're into the classic Detroit sort of style, you'll love it, if you prefer it hard fast and banging start to finish, then he's probably not your man.

Fan
07-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Its on an MP3 set I downloaded, the filename is rw.2003-08-15.djbone.2.mp3, thats all I know about it. As I said though, I dont really fault him for it, its nearly 3 hours long, he's obviousy ripping it up, and I think it just took a bit of time to get into the swing as most of the really obvious mistakes are at the start. But they are pretty obvious - so he is definately human!

I think thats a Vibeflow Radio set from 2003-08-15 , you can get the tracklist here users.skynet.be/detroitdancer/boneplaylist.htm

Anyone have the Peel set to upload? :help:

Francisco Scaramanga
07-07-2005, 03:08 PM
I've got it on minidisc, but I dont have a player at the moment. If no one can find a link for it, I'll borrow a mates MD and record it onto the PC. Of course I still dont have anywhere to upload it to, but I'll only worry about all of this if it isent available somewhere already.

Traxx
07-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Host it on yousendit :cool:

g
07-07-2005, 08:38 PM
i won't say he never makes mistakes.. obviously. but he's one the best people i've ever seen on 3 decks and i love that he takes risks. and that he'll play virtually anything as long as it's funky. he does play a lot of classics but we're getting him to play more of his own stuff and other new material ;). he's actually been playing a lot of the dubplates from the new mix lately. but like i said, if you don't dig his style, you know what they say about taste.. it's cool.

for whoever asked, Subject Detroit vol. 3 will be out July 25. they're taking pre-orders now - write to subjectdetroit@gmail.com. if you buy from the label you get a free limited 7".

he'll be in dublin and liverpool the last weekend of august.

g
07-07-2005, 08:38 PM
oh yeah.. and i have that peel recording if y'all don't get that sorted

Will
07-07-2005, 10:36 PM
He's one of the best DJ's I've heard, without a doubt, loved it when he was scratching over that banging latin tune at Voodoo in June!

Francisco Scaramanga
08-07-2005, 10:45 AM
I cant find my minidisc of the John Peel set, I'm thinking I must have lent it out or something. I'll try and find out whats happened to it, but getting that mix online might take a bit longer...

It must be on soulseek though, can anyone check? I would, but it doesent work for me, I have a wireless router thing, and for some reason soulseek doesent work through it and I cant be bothered to find out why.

Mindful
08-07-2005, 05:56 PM
never heard a set or seen him play but ive heard some of his music and its spot on.

stjohn
08-07-2005, 08:10 PM
he'll be in dublin and liverpool the last weekend of august.

maybe ill check him out this time, maybe get him to sign me tits too!! :lol:

g
08-07-2005, 08:36 PM
never heard a set...
the Fluid set from May '04 is still available here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=24TV9AIG

Mindful
08-07-2005, 08:45 PM
cheers G

subjectdetroit
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Preview snipets of DJ Bone's SUBJECT DETROIT VOL. 3 double cd:

SUBJECT DETROIT VOL. 3 CD1 (http://www.7mzdt.com/subjectdetroit/MIX_MP3.mp3)

SUBJECT DETROIT VOL. 3 CD2 (http://www.7mzdt.com/subjectdetroit/MIX_MP3_PT2.mp3)

out July 25, 2005

oldbugger
11-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Preview snipets of DJ Bone's SUBJECT DETROIT VOL. 3 double cd:

SUBJECT DETROIT VOL. 3 CD1 (http://www.7mzdt.com/subjectdetroit/MIX_MP3.mp3)

SUBJECT DETROIT VOL. 3 CD2 (http://www.7mzdt.com/subjectdetroit/MIX_MP3_PT2.mp3)

out July 25, 2005

:clap: brilliant

Zektor
12-07-2005, 12:05 PM
NICE ONE!!!!!

:clap: :cool: :notworthy: :dance:

g
12-07-2005, 06:33 PM
i've been listening to both these CDs almost daily for a month and i still get chills hearing these samples.

to say nothing of the music he has on deck........... :shock: :clap:

and you should hear that gospel track in a big room :).

or the speech.

Fan
13-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Sounds quality from the clips , I dont suppose Dj Bone (Eric?) could bring over a couple of copies (including the Exclusive 7" ;) ) with him to Dublin in August

278d7e64a374de26f==