PDA

View Full Version : Bastard Russian mp3 site is back. Again.

g
28-06-2005, 09:58 PM
http://www.audio1.ru/eng

ampassasinbirmingham
28-06-2005, 10:57 PM
saw this on ld, y it a bastard?

g
28-06-2005, 11:41 PM
look up the history. this site has been around 2 or 3 times under different names, always trying to do the exact same thing: sell music they don't have permission to sell. on the site (at least last time) they claim to list music they would _like_ to sell, as a way to get artist permission. but this is basically someone's soulseek collection, for sale.

they have a LOT of stuff that has only ever been available online as free promo stuff. either tracks that have never been given distribution or mixes that were only meant for promo purposes. for example i just saw grovskopa's re-emerging mix there... for sale. i know that is not something they got his permission to do.

they're trying to take advantage of the fuzzy russian copyright laws. but basically all they are is trying to make money from music they don't have rights to. and to the degree that the 'we won't sell it unless you give us permission' thing is true, i'd say 99% of the artists out there have told them to take their music down (a few times now...) b/c of the underhanded way the site has gone about putting it up there in the first place.

they also use to pose as a british company, using a london maildrop when they are actually russian. there's been many letters back and forth from supposed attorneys, blah blah blah.

eyes without a face
29-06-2005, 09:46 AM
not this again, jesus dont those guys up

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Some of the guys off the Breaks forum have sent some rather agressive emails, but I think the copyright law in Russia is so hazy it's near-impossible to do anything about it.

eyes without a face
29-06-2005, 11:15 AM
i think ur right tech-mouse, i think all that people could do last time was email them and tell them to take down any of their work that was present on the site, or was promised at least

TechMouse
29-06-2005, 11:16 AM
i think ur right tech-mouse, i think all that people could do last time was email them and tell them to take down any of their work that was present on the site, or was promised at least
... and even then, there's nothing to actually make them do it.

Shame really.

Feel sorry for them, 'cuz a lot of people in Russia live in poverty.

No excuse though.

g
29-06-2005, 07:13 PM
the really ironic thing is that, in russia, it's technically not illegal to do what they are doing. but it IS illegal for us (those of us not in russia anyway) to buy from them.

that said, the site has been effectively shut down a few times now just simply b/c the whole world tells them to f*ck off.

278d7e64a374de26f==