PDA

View Full Version : dave clarke bbc3

jimmy west
11-07-2005, 06:30 PM
anyone catch dave clarke playin on bbc3 coverage of T in park on sunday night sandwiched between ian brown and the prodigy bastards cut away after about 5 mins

conflict
11-07-2005, 07:59 PM
yes mate i watched it

looked ****ing wicked

proper good atmosphere

koma
11-07-2005, 08:13 PM
now when you mentioned bbc 3..

did anyone watch that roni size documentary today..?? "a picture of bristol by roni size"..?

Glen@neo
11-07-2005, 08:21 PM
i totally forgot about this did they only put him on for 5 mins then??

jock
12-07-2005, 11:22 AM
he was ****ing amazing.

Brilliant weekend with loads of bands and live acts, rounded off with an awesome 1.5 hours of dave clarke.

its on again on bbc2 scotland (you have to have sky) on friday at about 9ish.

Jay Sanders
12-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah looked well good that tent.... good to see Dave Clarke pulling off the major skills aswell.

they also showed a bit Black Strobe too which i was digging.

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah looked well good that tent.... good to see Dave Clarke pulling off the major skills aswell.

what was he doing ? playing cds :roll:

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
oh i know..

he was playing cds AND applying organic make up... AT THE SAME TIME

hero :lol:

alsynthe
12-07-2005, 01:13 PM
anyone else think dave clarke aint as good as hes made out to be????

Jay Sanders
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM

what was he doing ? playing cds :roll:

Yeah he was playing on the Technics CDJ's... he was using the pause buttons to create effects... which i thought was quite neat considering.

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 01:36 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

imo, hes an arrogant, talentless, self important, pretentious, egotistical, pompous idiot who couldnt hold a candle to kids in bedrooms all over the world... both production & dj wise.

he can take his mascara & leather pants & sh*t electro & take a long f**kin walk off a short f**kin brdge if ya get my f**kin meaning ;)

'i only use cd decks now because...' woo f**kin hoo you champagne swilling embarressment to the word 'techno'

the ONLY twat on the face of creation who can make a Rush vocal sound embarrassing.

back in the day he done some killer work, but the snobbery has always been there & quite frankly, his out put & djing over the last five years, bar a few remixues' has dropped to such an output, if your dog came up with this arse sausage, you'd have the decency to take him the 'way of 'ol yella' if ya get my meaning.

not only that, but hes a spineless c**t who doesnt have the b*lls to follow thru on his insinuations. he can throw a stone but he has no spine to stand up to the reply...

F**K DAVE CLARKE

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 01:37 PM
imo ;)

Jay Sanders
12-07-2005, 01:39 PM
im guessing you dont like him then!!

:eh: :eh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 01:47 PM
sorry bout that....

yes, theres history. its a long story involving a bunch of arrogant c**ts from a belfast club outfit & DC.

and the fact that ppl gushed over the fact he wore eyeliner on a Halloween night :roll:

and he makes really bad music. some of his production is so sloppy.. like he couldnt be bothered to even trim the samples hes so blatantly stolen (then whines over ppl sampling Red3... c**t)

and like, yeah... he literally 'saved then re-invented e;ectro' didnt he..

like f**k... a dead cat has more to give than this f**kin caviar munching prat..

his remix of 'La La Land' was belter though ;)

teknorich
12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
I think he is probably a bit overrated, but that's most likely just because he is one of the few techno djs who is known outside of the scene. With "studenty" clubs like Bugged Out and Chibuku booking him, he has much more of a media presence than other djs. I mean, a hell of a lot more people have heard of DC than have heard of Lars Klein, or Patrick Skoog, you know? In this way, he is helping to bring techno to the masses. It was his Fuse mix cd, along with Jeff Mills Liquid room mix, which got me into techno in the first place. Then, once established as a techno fan, you move a bit deeper, explore bit more, and find other djs who perhaps suit you better.

Perhaps think of him as a gateway dj, bringing people from the commercial mainstream shyte into techno, and outting them on the right path. Then it is up to them to explore.

Plus, arrogant pr*ck or not, he can mix when he wants to, and he can get a crowd going!

jock
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
i dont give a flying duck what he does or doesnt do, imo his dj sets can be the best in the world. Guaranteed sometimes he doesnt deliver but the same can be said about most of the best djs.

On sunday night I was fecking knackered, been in the sun all day and been pretty much on one since friday night. Alter Ego finished with a good live version of betty ford and then clarkey came on.

I said to my mate earlier in the day that you can tell whether dcs sets are going to be good within the first 5 mins. First track he just thumped out, no build up or anything, and it stayed at that pace the whole way through the set!!! He got the crowd going for the majority of the set (more livlier than he normally its) and his effects and tricks were spot on!!

eyes without a face
12-07-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah jock how dare u say Dave Clarke was good, why damnation on you :roll:

slavestudios
12-07-2005, 06:22 PM
i totally agree with what your saying man.

i jus go off on one cos it got quite personal at times with various ppl & turned into a real parody of itself..

he's jus one of many ppl in a position to do sumthin useful, yet hey are happy to jus knob about at festivals playing party music to students.

whicyh is fine, but when its pp who were once pioneers & where part of a wave that topuched so many ppl, both djs & clubbers, its infuriating to see them doing slick photo shoots with cigars & leather trousers.

and sooo many ppl have followed him right into the cd novelty.. 'if its good enuff for DC, its good enuff for me' i mean wtf ??? the technology has been about for a long time, but now DC picks it, ppl jus follow..

but see ? :lol: i'm going off on one again lol and this is why i let the club scene & stop djing techno ffs :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :doh: :lol:

djfurness
12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
i aint seen a good set by him for a long time.....
but when he wants to play well....boy can he play well....
he was far better back in the Voodoo Le Bateau days.....
remember him gettin on the mic at the 'last voodoo' at the end and givin quite a passionate speech.....
bollocks last few years though

alsynthe
12-07-2005, 08:19 PM
bloody hell im good at instigating.

have to agree with most of wots been said thought he is pretty damn awful these days.

he played live at i love techno and i walked out, as did half the 5000 capacity room

Traxx
12-07-2005, 08:49 PM
bloody
he played live at i love techno and i walked out, as did half the 5000 capacity room

Haha as did i. Not surprising really after the set rush had just played.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD :rambo:

alsynthe
12-07-2005, 08:56 PM
erm petduo played before dave clarke!!!

Traxx
12-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Haha....oh :doh: :oops:

I got after redhead >> ruskin >> rush to go see the prodigy & couldnt get back in the orange room for the rest of the night. The tulips we had were stronger then i thought....bloody dutch :lol:

alsynthe
12-07-2005, 09:22 PM
i saw redhead and ruskin, bit of rush, then prodigy, forced my way bak into petduo then walked otu of dave clarke, cant remember wot i did after that we left at about 5ish

MARK NEENAN
12-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Shit hot! They had redhead, ruskin, rush & dave clarke at t in the park?! Aswell as Prodigy! ****in ell! :clap: :lol:

alsynthe
12-07-2005, 10:34 PM
t in the park????? wot??? were on about i love techno mate

MARKEG
14-07-2005, 06:34 PM

imo, hes an arrogant, talentless, self important, pretentious, egotistical, pompous idiot who couldnt hold a candle to kids in bedrooms all over the world... both production & dj wise.

he can take his mascara & leather pants & sh*t electro & take a long f**kin walk off a short f**kin brdge if ya get my f**kin meaning ;)

'i only use cd decks now because...' woo f**kin hoo you champagne swilling embarressment to the word 'techno'

the ONLY twat on the face of creation who can make a Rush vocal sound embarrassing.

back in the day he done some killer work, but the snobbery has always been there & quite frankly, his out put & djing over the last five years, bar a few remixues' has dropped to such an output, if your dog came up with this arse sausage, you'd have the decency to take him the 'way of 'ol yella' if ya get my meaning.

not only that, but hes a spineless c**t who doesnt have the b*lls to follow thru on his insinuations. he can throw a stone but he has no spine to stand up to the reply...

F**K DAVE CLARKE

sorry mate, that sort of talk isn't allowed here. i'm sure there's lots of similar posts i've missed but that's the type of thing i just don't want to read.

i have no option but to issue a warning in this case.

alsynthe
14-07-2005, 06:36 PM
i saw that one coming a mile off

koma
14-07-2005, 06:54 PM
dont know about those sets u talking about up there, but clarke destroyed boby centrum in brno (cz) bout 3 months ago..
one month ago he played in front of 600 people in vukovar (croatia), good set, not as good as in brno, but still good.. pretty raw, plenty chicago based stuff and luckily, just a bit of electro..

slavestudios
14-07-2005, 07:05 PM

F**K DAVE CLARKE

sorry mate, that sort of talk isn't allowed here. i'm sure there's lots of similar posts i've missed but that's the type of thing i just don't want to read.

i have no option but to issue a warning in this case.

fair do's. i stand by my post

MARKEG
14-07-2005, 07:22 PM
great stand by what you think but please keep shit like that off the board. we're not in a playground you know! there's much better ways to get the point across without resorting to this.

help me out man. cheers.

MARK NEENAN
14-07-2005, 08:47 PM
t in the park????? wot??? were on about i love techno mate

Thought it sounded too good to be true!

Thought you were on about bbc 3's coverage of t in the park! :oops:

Frank Dogshit
16-07-2005, 11:25 AM
dave clarke can also annoy me with his sets from time to time and i must admit ive seen more bad sets than good from him in the last year or so. At the last Voodoo i thought he was excellent tho,playing what the **** he wanted and making it sound wicked! What i like particularly about the guy is his willingness to drop tunes youd not hear other djs drop,mixing green velvet stuff with rother than back into some surgeon stuff. his music taste has always been and still is sublime...cant knock him for that.

slavestudios
16-07-2005, 12:32 PM
i think his attitude sucks.

and his music is awful.

and his dj'ing is not up to scratch, either in terms of selection or mixing.

is that okay..... :roll:

Frank Dogshit
16-07-2005, 01:34 PM

and his music is awful.

yeah we heard you the 1st time bud! ;) :doh:

slavestudios
16-07-2005, 04:11 PM

and his music is awful.

yeah we heard you the 1st time bud! ;) :doh:

yeah i know... jus trying to censor myself :eh: :lol:

eyes without a face
16-07-2005, 05:58 PM
yeah pete you've had a warning already, maybe quit whilst ur ahead? :lol:

i personally am still a fan of Clarke's music and djing at times, when he's on form he truely is one of the best, ive seen alot more blistering sets by Clarke than anyone, with the exception of probably Surgeon or Ruskin, and he's never done me wrong personally, the opposite infact

didnt like the last album at all i have to say, both in terms of the tracks and more importantly the track running order, that particulary bothered me... which is quite sad probably haha, but i like an "album" to flow

Esox Lucius
16-07-2005, 06:52 PM
he was great at that last voodoo, what a great moment when he played smells like teen spirit, le bateau turned into a mosh pit haha, and the passionate speech at the end. :lol:

devils advocate was lame though.
:lol:

MARKEG
17-07-2005, 08:26 AM
nah pete, that last post was defo the best way to put it :) I thnk you need to learn the art of subtlety ;)

i personally thought his world service techno mix was awful but

I DON'T WANT TO ****IN KILL HIM AND SHAG HIS BABIES!!!

hehhe. perhaps that's where your warning came from ;)

actually the electro mix i thought was really, really good. chrissi has it on her palm tungsten and that says something to me.. the ladies are a good indication of goood techno music imo... and i do see a slight point someone else made about the fact that dave clarke actually gets ppl into techno that would usually get into this shit. we need ppl like this, or techno would have been on it's arse years ago.

anyway, good topic....

Esox Lucius
17-07-2005, 09:37 AM
the world service electro mix was class, still listen to it now.

Esox Lucius
17-07-2005, 09:46 AM
electro boogie mixes were great aswell.

eyes without a face
17-07-2005, 10:09 AM
there's no doubt, the Electro Boogies and FUSE presents Dave Clarke are up there with THE best commercial mixes available, and i mean commercial in the sense of release and purchase before someone starts ripping the tracklistings or something

FUSE still gets a hammering in this household, only beaten by Claude Youngs Dj Kicks

Esox Lucius
17-07-2005, 10:50 AM
dave clarke - fuse is a classic, aye.

so is the young dj kicks mix whilst we are at it.

eyes without a face
17-07-2005, 10:55 AM
both so different, yet both stunning

but i think Claude Young Dj Kicks does pip it for me, the skills and tracklisting are just sublime!

slavestudios
17-07-2005, 12:15 PM
k.

see, i totally disagree about the mixes..

i like a lot of trax from the FUSE mix, but i dont like his mix of it.

and i really didnt like his electro mixes. either the World Service or X-Mix.

outside of the personal thing, i dont see him as being anywhere near as 'skilled' as ppl say...

example ---> i let a friend hear a track i had done with much compression during the break. the synth pushed up when the kick went out. my friend pointed this out as a fault. knowing he 'adores' DC, i asked about the DC remix of Faithless's 'We Come One' (which i purchsed :roll: ) where EXACTLY the same thing happens and the pal says ?

DC is using it as an effect, yours is jus wrong.

i'm sorry. all the praise about 'saving' electro & the OTT photo shoots & the press release about which type of make up he uses..

i'm sorry. i jus think its a joke.

i see what ppl are saying about their views & cool. i dont disagree with YOU, i jus have my own opinions & unfortunately at times, i maybe express them with a bit too much enthusiasm..

but i will say this, i havent called ANYONE else a **** here.. jus my original target :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==