PDA

View Full Version : Girls

MARKEG
17-07-2005, 08:46 AM
I've just made a post in another topic and suddenly thought that.. is perhaps one of the biggest topics that noone has made yet here????????????????

Ahhh I'm stupid but.. Look we're all here discussing the music, in some type of boyish trainspotty way, but do we realise that girls are the probably the single most important factor in techno clubs/music whatever. And do we realise that soul, funk and feeling in music is what most girls love in music?

I thiink so anyway.

We need to get more girls on the dancefloor. When we're all sat with our Reason 3's and Ableton 5's, we need to be thinking about this. Seriously.

Think about it.

loopdon
17-07-2005, 09:41 AM
absolutely true.

eyes without a face
17-07-2005, 10:32 AM
maybe not as important as whats coming thru the speakers but definately an integrale part of club life haha

koma
17-07-2005, 11:25 AM
like Hova said:i like girls girls girls, girls I do adore :lol:

nothing beats the crowd full of nice & happy girls.. here we how lots of them really into music, some of them are making their party wear by themself, almost every time different stuff.. really unique

more girls on the floor, definitely.. even if the music isnt so good to me, it wont spoil my mood if theres lots of smiling girls around me ;)

and hey, not all of them are into funk..lately i've been meeting just the ones that want as hard as it can get..techno, hardcore.. :lol:

dirty_bass
17-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Yep, that`s why I make girlie techno.
Big Basslines (women respond to bass more) and shimmering rising sounds.
Get the girls on the dance floor and the boys will follow.
And besides, we need someone to disperse some of this testosterone.
I`d not forgotten about it, I just didn`t talk about it cos most of the snobs beat down on me when I do.

dan the acid man
17-07-2005, 12:09 PM
am i a girl then, as i like a bit of the old funk :oops:

slavestudios
17-07-2005, 12:24 PM
techno = toys 4 boys :twisted:

i never really thought about it. obviously, i'd like to see more chix dj'in/laptop'in techno, but ive always been like that. even before i started to spin..

i know house djs who play to the chix, so when they get on the floor, the blokes follow.. which i think is sick.. i call it 'the pussy play' and i think its a horrible way to structure a set. but house djs who do that tend to like the nose candy :roll: so you kinda expect it.

ive always wanted to co-produce with a chick as well, but its never happened.

i dunno, ive only ever done shit for me musically. never differentiated between bloke & chix & straights & gays... they all jus bodies on a dancefloor & i was usually too busy wrapped up with vinyl & fx to notice what variety those bodies are lol

Frank Dogshit
17-07-2005, 01:33 PM
aye definetely needin more girls in techno.....its a fun sight to see some lass goin mental to some filthy beats.

there was a good number of females at the last locked in manchester which was really good to see! all into the music and giving it some!

still a lot of them need converting from the funky house,hard house nights to techno tho.....sometimes i dont think its the actual music that puts them off,just finding the music accessible enough for them!

koma
17-07-2005, 01:49 PM
but house djs who do that tend to like the nose candy :roll: so you kinda expect it.

yeah right, like techno djs arent into chicks and nose politics LOL

miasma man
17-07-2005, 02:10 PM
I think this is an important point - I have people tell me that they think Techno is macho!? Maybe a bit like going down the gym and lifting heavy weights and grunting a lot!

The girls don't wanna know - they want something they can relate to and makes them feel comfortable?

This needs to be sorted out!

Dunno, is some of this about education cos not all Techno is hard banging stuff, maybe the other forms of Techno need to be promoted more..?

slavestudios
17-07-2005, 02:57 PM
but house djs who do that tend to like the nose candy :roll: so you kinda expect it.

yeah right, like techno djs arent into chicks and nose politics LOL

personally, i like to keep the music & the 'recreation' seperate. i'll have a smoke in the studio and maybe a beer or two, but i never dj'd jus to do drugs & meet women.. you can do that much more effectively by NOT being a dj lol

slavestudios
17-07-2005, 03:01 PM
at the same time, manys a night ive seen chix going mental to Wittekind & Amok tracks..

and chix fuxkin love Aural Exciter by Humphries & Wilson... 'This IS Mistress Diana...' then they go ****in mental :twisted:

Gayle San used to be my #1 crush too :oops: plays so hard & looks so hot :twisted:

morphamish
17-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Women need more techno just as much as techno needs more women! An encouraguing trend (at least around where I'm from) is that there are more and more women into mentalist stuff as well as what has been traditionally considered 'fordalaydees' stuff. Its true that some music can be predicted to appeal more to certain genders, but its less and less polarised these days IMO. Most of my female friends need the edgy stuff to get them dancing just as much as my male mates (gotta love lush tunes when the situation requires it too mind).

Unfortunately there's the perenial problem that women have to work a lot harder to get taken seriously as djs/producers (re looks judging before hearing etc), there's a whole lotta testosterone going on. Its still largely dominated by men. But still (around here anyway) there seems to be more and more women letting rip through soundsystems as well as in front of them. This can only be a good thing, the more perspectives and diversity the better I reckon. :clap: :twisted: ( :love: ) :twisted:

(ps I love the look of total shock when a munter clocks its my mate Shona or Ally firing out some Drop Bass Network or Hellfish or beasting dnb or sommat then gets back into grooving away. Quality.... thought you were such a sweet grrrl) :shock: ;)

RDR
17-07-2005, 03:40 PM
ive always wanted to co-produce with a chick

I did.

Ended up with ankle biters tho'

Is that what ya meant?

;) :lol:

Sunil
17-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Was speaking to a friend about this the other week about this, and we did a search on it but found no definite figure, only various people's theories on the matter... Apparantly the frequency range which creates most clitoril excitement is 30- 40 HZ.

Anyone know any more about this?

xfive
17-07-2005, 04:17 PM

Was speaking to a friend about this the other week about this, and we did a search on it but found no definite figure, only various people's theories on the matter... Apparantly the frequency range which creates most clitoril excitement is 30- 40 HZ.

:twisted:

SlavikSvensk
17-07-2005, 07:05 PM
back in the day in detroit i knew TONS of girls into techno. now, only a couple. what's the difference? i don't know exactly, but i do remember girls really digging electro and especially the raunchy sh*t like aaron carl and godfather...also djs like derrick may and kevin saunderson that mix techno with house...

mark said "funky" but maybe an alternative adjective is "sexy." that missy elliot song sampling clear just reaffirms that the old school sh*t was sexy as hell.

Internal Error Records
17-07-2005, 09:19 PM
most def. Bob Brown from Framworkmusic took this mission to the floor.

Notice the FW stickers not just the asses.

http://www.internal-error.com/forum/html/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/8fwasses.jpeg

techno if not funky and tongue-in-cheek is nothing!

miss bass
17-07-2005, 10:11 PM
:roll:

Why would you want to make 'girly techno' ?
What the hell is ' techno for women'?!!!!

I would never think, oo i should try and make a really rough and dark sounding track just so more guys would go 'hell yeh', id make the track because that what flows!!

I wouldnt even make an issue out of the fact more guys may dance to a track id have made...

'I think this is an important point - I have people tell me that they think Techno is macho!? Maybe a bit like going down the gym and lifting heavy weights and grunting a lot!

The girls don't wanna know - they want something they can relate to and makes them feel comfortable?

This needs to be sorted out!'

errrr ... :neutral: :eh:

This feels so patronising!!!! I went to the Version weekender and there were women dancing to the most obscurest music as was myself.

I can see there are less women on the dancefloors unless your playing funky house, but does that matter, if you have people (men , dogs whatever) dancing to your music surely that is rewarding??
If you feel making more 'bassline' orientated tracks will boost female statistics in techno clubs then cool, and if you feel thats important (??) then cool... but personally id be happy with bodies, or just the feeling that ive made something i am proud of.

Mindful
17-07-2005, 10:28 PM
:roll:

Why would you want to make 'girly techno' ?
What the hell is ' techno for women'?!!!!

I would never think, oo i should try and make a really rough and dark sounding track just so more guys would go 'hell yeh', id make the track because that what flows!!

I wouldnt even make an issue out of the fact more guys may dance to a track id have made...

'I think this is an important point - I have people tell me that they think Techno is macho!? Maybe a bit like going down the gym and lifting heavy weights and grunting a lot!

This feels so patronising!!!! I went to the Version weekender and there were women dancing to the most obscurest music as was myself.

I can see there are less women on the dancefloors unless your playing funky house, but does that matter, if you have people (men , dogs whatever) dancing to your music surely that is rewarding??
If you feel making more 'bassline' orientated tracks will boost female statistics in techno clubs then cool, and if you feel thats important (??) then cool... but personally id be happy with bodies, or just the feeling that ive made something i am proud of.
:clap: your cool as **** you are miss bass.

IMO it dosnt matter your gender its about whats going on in your head(or heart)that matters.
I know testosterone monsters who cant stand raw sounds and the girlyest girls that get off on anal wierdness.....its about who you are as a person.
My gilfreind prefers The Texas chainsaw massacre to Bridjet Joneses diary

miss bass
17-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Infact seeing as this is an issue, lets all make pop music.

This means we'll have lots of 'women' fans and more money. How ****ing cool would that be folks!!

Or if we made hip hop at least there would be men wearing bandanas and women in bikinis!!

sounds like a plan...

miss bass
17-07-2005, 10:32 PM
:clap: your cool as **** you are miss bass.

IMO it dosnt matter your gender its about whats going on in your head(or heart)that matters.
I know testosterone monsters who cant stand raw sounds and the girlyest girls that get off on anal wierdness.....its about who you are as a person.
My gilfreind prefers The Texas chainsaw massacre to Bridjet Joneses diary

Exactly, music to me involves EARS and EMOTIONS, not skirts, beer boys or whatever.

Some of my male dj friends are so into soul and brazillian 'girly' :roll: music (?) , and ive seen women go absolutely mental to a load of distortion (like myself :doh: :shock: ) and vice a verse.

Stella Boy
17-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Well said Miss Bass :clap: :clap:

Sorry DB but Bassline Techno bringing women into techno came across very sexist :eh:

Personally, I think the scene's doing great for women in techno. Great producers, great dj's and the clubs i've been to over the past couple of years has had a great turnout of women.

miasma man
17-07-2005, 10:53 PM
[quote="miss bass"]:roll:

quote]

Oh no! My comments totally backfired there! Oops, sorry people. Was not meant to be patronising in any way, note the question marks - :oops:

Very sorry if that's how it came across - not intentional. I feel like a right arse now - bunch of arse!

I think you have made some interesting points there MB - fair play - yes I think you are right - you defo need to make music and perform music for the right reasons.

peace

djshiva
17-07-2005, 10:57 PM
hmmm...

been thinking about this a lot because of a nightly a friend was running that was attracting nothing but guys...a veritable sausage party.

i will say that the taste among the women djs i know (including myself) tends to run the gamut, from deep sexy beats to absolutely grinding techno to reaaaally weird abstraction...so to generalize and say there is one thing that will attract women is pretty far off the mark.

what i can say is that as far as i have observed, regardless of gender, a DJ playing the same loopy type tracks end to end with no ear toward composition seems to bore the hell out of everyone. and this goes for ALL genres: techno, house, d n' b...whatever...

linear...boring. keep things interesting...keep the dancefloor.

personally i think THAT is the key. movement throughout a set...peaks and valleys...subtle mixes and really in your face mixes...throw in something unexpected...watch your audience and not just your mixer, you may learn something about what they are responding to...test them...see what works...

pay attention.

miss bass
17-07-2005, 10:57 PM
I wasnt trying to direct this just at you Miasma man :oops: , i just happened to pick out your text amongst others.

loopdon
17-07-2005, 10:59 PM
@dj shiva:

i think that sums it up nicely :clap:

Internal Error Records
17-07-2005, 11:04 PM
girls = party

no girls = music review.

if techno is going to be a core element in a party, than it needs to be appreciated by both sexes.

already as it is, techno isnt appreciated by enough men as a whole

if 1 out of 5 partiers are women than an uber fraction of that (1 out of 20?) are techno heads.

but this goes back to technos nebulous image. and when techno starts to take image, the techno-dorks in their towers start decreeing shite as past as they can click on 'submit post'.

people critizise acid techno and chicago techno because it can be 'cheesey', perhaps cheese shouldnt be the word used anymore because guess what, whatever cheese actually is, is the hooks party people (men and women) remember.

bang the box bad boy bill ;-)

Sunil
17-07-2005, 11:04 PM

There's a thought now, dogs howling on the dancefloor because they were enjoying the music, that'd be cool :twisted:

I don't have a huge concern about many girls' lack of interest in techno or the boys club stigma attached to techno ... however (and as I'm sure Mark is trying to point out) it would be nice if we could get more girls to techno nights. It works two fold as well, more girls = more blokes = more people in general.

A lot of the thing with girls too is that they like to move and be seen to be making their moves on the dancefloor. If you're banging the hole out of it at 145 bpm from early in the night then you're giving girls or people in general, little chance to get into it properly or move comfortably on the floor. A lot of the responsibility lies with DJs and the way they play their sets, not necessarily the music that's being made.

Internal Error Records
17-07-2005, 11:05 PM
but this goes back to technos nebulous image. and when techno starts to take image, the techno-dorks in their towers start decreeing shite as **fast*** as they can click on 'submit post'.

as fast, nbot fast :crackup:

miss bass
17-07-2005, 11:09 PM
See this is what we should be discussing! Peaks, drops ... valleys meadows.. :lol:

I dont care if there is a guy stood there wearing stillettos or a woman in a clown outfit.

I think producers need to concentrate on pushing new and creative music, not the dull linear looped one riffed pieces as we all know and hear. But then again that kind of shit without a doubt makes me appreciate the quality music which is out there.

dan the acid man
17-07-2005, 11:10 PM
aahhhhh, look at the ickle baby elephant :cool:

miss bass
17-07-2005, 11:15 PM
girls = party

no girls = music review.

if techno is going to be a core element in a party, than it needs to be appreciated by both sexes.

already as it is, techno isnt appreciated by enough men as a whole

aww thats a shame, you cant have fun without women then basically??
So your admitting that women rule and all you men should bow down to us??

ok ;)

Its not being appreciated by many people because so much 'techno' is utter trash. There is alot of wonderful music out there none the less.

MARKEG
17-07-2005, 11:29 PM
well i think we need more girls in techno. that's why i made the post, to dicuss this. bass, who bloody cares tbh :clap: , but actually i'm sure there's an underlying thing in club music that means we have to think about this. recently, some ppl have commented how the really distorted one bar loop end of techno in my sets ends up with extra blokes on the floor and some women f off. dunno how true this is but need to think about it. as our whole reason for being there is to keep that dance floor full, i obviously don't want that. and tbh, if girls arent on the floor, you soon realise that actually some of the blokes get board and they f off too.

honestly i dont want to cause an arguement, i just want to talk about why the hell this is and perhaps understand women even more.

bloody hard job though
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

miasma man
17-07-2005, 11:33 PM
haha I gave up trying to work out women ages ago, don't think I ever will, very strange creatures at times it seems..? :lol:

Mindful
17-07-2005, 11:38 PM
I dont understand men let alone women :doh: :lol:

Sunil
17-07-2005, 11:49 PM
recently, some ppl have commented how the really distorted one bar loop end of techno in my sets ends up with extra blokes on the floor and some women f off. dunno how true this is but need to think about it. as our whole reason for being there is to keep that dance floor full, i obviously don't want that. and tbh, if girls arent on the floor, you soon realise that actually some of the blokes get board and they f off too.

That's just the way it goes. Live by the sword, die by the sword ;)
There's no mystery here.. Distorted hard techno of today = aggression... which is not what many girls will relate to as much.

Prolonged bouts of distorted stuff scare girls (or people in general) off, although that's natural.

Funny enough I've recently seen hardcore keep girls stuck to the floor, I guess some of that stuff has more movement to it than the average one bar loop banger.

Mindful
18-07-2005, 12:16 AM
I think with hardcore its a bit more obvious what they should be dancing to(ie the huge bounsy kick and bass)and its a bit less agressive unless we are on about Gabba of course

SlavikSvensk
18-07-2005, 01:21 AM
There's no mystery here.. Distorted hard techno of today = aggression... which is not what many girls will relate to as much.

same reason most people listening to death metal are male. but this only explains the harder end, and i think that there is a lack of women technoheads across the board. there are other reasons too...my girlfriend says she doesn't like most new techno because it sounds "cold." there's obviously room in techno for a really diverse range of sounds or styles, but maybe techno has, to some degree, lost its sensuality...

Internal Error Records
18-07-2005, 01:47 AM
aww thats a shame, you cant have fun without women then basically??
So your admitting that women rule and all you men should bow down to us??

ok ;)

i can listen to music at homefor free. if i pay $35 to go to a party. it better have women!

and i will bow to a woman eagerly, after she bows for me
:cool:

The Overfiend
18-07-2005, 03:09 AM
Girls respond to moods, hooks, voices, and melodies.
I have as a constant always heard where's the vocal from my girl and her friends. Tribal works with the latin based crowd, but thats obvious. I do agree with the wanting girls to be involved idea. Nothing sexist about it, but in comparison things are kind of not the same as far as the trained ear. Not too many fellas dig nsync or backstreet, this is in comparison.

Ladius
18-07-2005, 03:33 AM
i think you guys are right about this. i saw it with my own eyes the other night. soon as the dj who was playing in a toronto club started dropping techno with good melodies basslines and voices ect. all the woemn in the club realy started to dance. they got more into it then any other genre being played that night.

Cheers!

Internal Error Records
18-07-2005, 04:06 AM
but in comparison things are kind of not the same as far as the trained ear.

thats a whole new possibility. the techno genre is a testing grounds for the new sounds that eventually filter thru to create the other genres. alot of the sounds are going to fail the testing. but at the expense of techno popularity. if a sound is sucessful it becomes absorbed into another genre, and then shunned by the techno scene that created it.

another reason for techno to get off its high horse.

Mindful
18-07-2005, 04:46 AM
but in comparison things are kind of not the same as far as the trained ear.

thats a whole new possibility. the techno genre is a testing grounds for the new sounds that eventually filter thru to create the other genres. alot of the sounds are going to fail the testing. but at the expense of techno popularity. if a sound is sucessful it becomes absorbed into another genre, and then shunned by the techno scene that created it.

another reason for techno to get off its high horse.

exelent piont but ive gotta say I think the high hoarse is a good place for techno peeps to sit.
Im not saying the way in which some of us rubbish a sound when it becomes popular is cool(altho im not proud that thats the way I am to be honest)what i am saying is cool is the way we go off and try to create somthing new that wouldnt become popular(alltho it usualy does)
that to me is a cool reaction.
the fact that when somting becomes populer we all go "that shit is so last week we are trying this approach now"it helps to keep techno fresh(ish)and ever evolving(somthing wich most of us share this need to make or play somthing new and different and help to evolve our much loved techno)
and is not a bad thing in my book ;)

This is only my opinion of course and not fact :lol:

eyes without a face
18-07-2005, 10:20 AM
i think maybe Dirty's comment was taken a bit too literal, maybe it would of been better to say that, in general this is considering that maybe not all girls who are into techno are quite into it as much as girls on here such as Shiva and Miss Bass, but girls do tend to react better to certain sounds ive found, that includes big basses, nice chord patterns, more ethnic percussions too perhaps

it wasnt really Big Bass = Titty fest now was it haha, hardly a sexist comment by a long stretch, just an observation

ive never deemed the lack of girls in a club a problem as ive never noticed it, we've always had girls in our social circle as it were and in the clubs we frequent such as Voodoo there's always been nice girls having a good time to techno, sometimes, an extra good time! :lol: ;)

The Overfiend
18-07-2005, 10:30 AM
but girls do tend to react better to certain sounds ive found, that includes big basses, nice chord patterns, more ethnic percussions too perhaps

I just said that

eyes without a face
18-07-2005, 10:33 AM
and?

The Overfiend
18-07-2005, 10:36 AM
and nyah nyah nyah I sed it first boo hoo
(does the pee pee dance)

eyes without a face
18-07-2005, 10:37 AM
:lol:

miss bass
18-07-2005, 10:44 AM
i think maybe Dirty's comment was taken a bit too literal, maybe it would of been better to say that, in general this is considering that maybe not all girls who are into techno are quite into it as much as girls on here such as Shiva and Miss Bass, but girls do tend to react better to certain sounds ive found, that includes big basses, nice chord patterns, more ethnic percussions too perhaps

it wasnt really Big Bass = Titty fest now was it haha, hardly a sexist comment by a long stretch, just an observation

ive never deemed the lack of girls in a club a problem as ive never noticed it, we've always had girls in our social circle as it were and in the clubs we frequent such as Voodoo there's always been nice girls having a good time to techno, sometimes, an extra good time! :lol: ;)

This is true, but my arguement was not about the generalised observation of women on the dancefloors, i was basically asking why the **** is this an issue?

It obviously bothers your guys more because you want to see some eye candy dancing to your tunes right...

Ritzi Lee
18-07-2005, 10:53 AM

This is true, but my arguement was not about the generalised observation of women on the dancefloors, i was basically asking why the **** is this an issue?

It obviously bothers your guys more because you want to see some eye candy dancing to your tunes right...

I also don't see it as an issue.
and this is my first, and also my last reply in this topic.

:dance:

eyes without a face
18-07-2005, 11:00 AM
no missy as i said i dont see it as an issue, but obviously others do

as i said ive always had close girl mates aswell as lads so there have always been girls in our group as it were

perhaps its more of a location thing?

miss bass
18-07-2005, 11:15 AM
I know i wasnt directing it at you totally.

Ah well im going to listen to Julien Neto, so everyone be quiet now.

Sunil
18-07-2005, 12:27 PM

Actually, no. Doesn't mean I don't like to see girls dancing on the floor though.
The question or concern about the lack of girls into techno is often asked and it's perfectly understandable.
Anyway Missy, what are you saying? That it's alright for you to be surrounded by almost all males in a club, and it doesn't matter if blokes have little in the way of female company? That's not fair now, is it?!

gumpy green
18-07-2005, 12:31 PM
ya gotta have some girls in the house. great being surrounded by them, makes for a better vibe.....

thers a good few girls in around our scene, not as much as no of guys but ther is enuf.....

Defo dont like it if ther aint much girls in the crowd...

Internal Error Records
18-07-2005, 12:43 PM

Well. We do write dance music.

miss bass
18-07-2005, 12:57 PM

Actually, no. Doesn't mean I don't like to see girls dancing on the floor though.
The question or concern about the lack of girls into techno is often asked and it's perfectly understandable.
Anyway Missy, what are you saying? That it's alright for you to be surrounded by almost all males in a club, and it doesn't matter if blokes have little in the way of female company? That's not fair now, is it?!

I have not even suggested 'its alright for me to be surrounded by men' or even implied i prefer that, i actually implied how ive seen many girls go mad for very obscure music.

I have also not suggested men should not have female company, or even that i do not want female company whilst on the floor.

I have no ideals of who id prefer or want to see dancing or enjoying music.
I dont care if im surrounded by women, men, unicorns whatever!!

You might prefer to see some women on the floor, which is up to you, your allowed your opininon, likes, dislikes, my point is that i have no issue if there are blokes or women on the floor. I want ears and some emotion.

Can you understand or am i talking in a foreign language?

The Divide
18-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Natasha for world leader

*bows and kisses feet*

RDR
18-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Natasha for world leader

*bows and kisses feet*

Brown noser....

:wicked: ;)

The oft repeated phrase "There aint no chicks in techno" aside from being a sexist sweeping generalisation seems to be true. More men than women in techno clubs. Now ya cant say that is a false.

Its a good thing to have a PEOPLE on the dance floor in general as it creates a good vibe, women are part of this. A good live pa or a good dj will get the crowd going and provide a good atmos for folks. the next event will have more people and so on and so forth (so the theory goes..)

I personally feel uncomfortable talking about this as it doesnt even appear on my radar as an issue...

As for the eye candy comment, damn right i like pretty women. I prefer talented and intelligent women more.

And im wondering where you saw the dancing unicorns natasha??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunil
18-07-2005, 01:33 PM
I have not even suggested 'its alright for me to be surrounded by men' or even implied i prefer that, i actually implied how ive seen many girls go mad for very obscure music.

I have also not suggested men should not have female company, or even that i do not want female company whilst on the floor.

I have no ideals of who id prefer or want to see dancing or enjoying music.
I dont care if im surrounded by women, men, unicorns whatever!!

You might prefer to see some women on the floor, which is up to you, your allowed your opininon, likes, dislikes, my point is that i have no issue if there are blokes or women on the floor. I want ears and some emotion.

Can you understand or am i talking in a foreign language?

You made this point originally too, no-one's disagreeing.
C'mon now, I'm only winding you up a bit, lighten up!
More girls at techno nights would be a good thing, something most of us agree on. It makes for a better night for most people...

RDR
18-07-2005, 01:36 PM
I want ears and some emotion.?

I cant provide the ears, but the emotion? Just tell em its 10quid per pint...

you wanted fear and disgust right?

tekara
18-07-2005, 02:00 PM
[quote="koma"]like Hova said:i like girls girls girls, girls I do adore :lol:

yo put your number on the paper, cause i would love to date ya, holla at cha when i come off tour.....!!

Tyrisia
18-07-2005, 08:32 PM
in my experience, girls connect with happy, major key stuff.

techno is predominantly minor key, which they don't like so much.

DJ Becka
18-07-2005, 09:18 PM
More girls at techno nights would be a good thing, something most of us agree on. It makes for a better night for most people...

Yea....more girls would make for a better night for any single guys out there on the prowl :lol:

I definitely notice the lack of women that listen to techno or go to techno parties too....wish I knew why that was....there's so many different varieties of it that there's something for everyone......even women. But, women tend to like the floatiness and prettiness of trance or whatever else it is they listen to these days. For me, I LOVE TECHNO.....especially sitting on the bassbins....ahhhh those 30-40hz feel good ;)
I kid, I kid :lol:

xfive
18-07-2005, 09:20 PM
especially sitting on the bassbins....ahhhh those 30-40hz feel good ;)

uh-huh......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJ Becka
18-07-2005, 09:20 PM
honestly i dont want to cause an arguement, i just want to talk about why the hell this is and perhaps understand women even more.

bloody hard job though
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark, good luck trying to understand women......I'm a woman and even I dont understand why we do what we do sometimes :doh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Overfiend
19-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Girls Girls Girls Girls
Girls I do Adore!!!

DJ Becka
19-07-2005, 04:41 AM
Girls - all I really want is girls
And in the morning it's girls
Cause in the evening it's girls

I like the way that they walk
And it's chill to hear them talk
And I can always make them smile
From White Castle to the Nile

Back in the day
There was this girl around the way
She liked by home-piece M.C.A.
He said he would not give her play
I asked him, "Please?" - he said, "You may."
Her pants were tight and that's ok
If she would dance - I would D.J.
We took a walk down to the bay

I hope she'll say, "Hey me and you should hit the hay!"
I asked her out - she said, "No way!"
I should have probably guessed her gay
So I broke North with no delay
I heard she moved real far away
That was two years ago this May
I seen her just the other day
Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay

Girls - to do the dishes
Girls - to clean up my room
Girls - to do the laundry
Girls - and in the bathroom
Girls - that's all I really want is girls
Two at a time - I want girls
With new wave hairdos - I want girls
I ought to whip out my - girls, girls, girls, girls, girls!

:lol:

The Overfiend
19-07-2005, 05:04 AM
JOCKIN MIKE D TO MY DISMAY!
CLASSIC

djshiva
19-07-2005, 06:22 AM
That's just the way it goes. Live by the sword, die by the sword ;)

Prolonged bouts of distorted stuff scare girls (or people in general) off, although that's natural.

Funny enough I've recently seen hardcore keep girls stuck to the floor, I guess some of that stuff has more movement to it than the average one bar loop banger.

i think the assumption going on here (and it's a false one at that) is that girls aren't interested in aggressive music.

you try putting up with sexism 24-7 and yer ass will GET DOWN to some distorted ass techno...

i really do think it's a matter of presentation. i have played some ridiculously HARD sets and had women completely off their heads. why? because i understand movement and composition(this is not a statement of arrogance; just a fact). i can't say it enough. frankly, there are a ton of djs who think stringing songs end to end is interesting, but they have not put their heads toward COMPOSING a set. movement is the key. linearity is uninteresting and tedious...

djshiva
19-07-2005, 06:28 AM
an addendum:

i agree with some of the posters that basslines, melodies and other interesting bits help too. again, it has to do with movement and variation...varying up what you play, understanding movement, not being afraid to drop a melodic synth track over a mashing hard percussive banger...all these things contribute to a more varied mix of people on the dancefloor.

i mean, i know guys who can't stand techno too. so i think the key is to listen and watch and learn.

i highly suggest a listen to some classical and some jazz for ideas on composition and movement. think of a dj set as one entire composition, with the records as movements...instead of just individual records strung end to end. it will change how you dj...promise. :)

TechMouse
19-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Just a thought...

If girls are so into tunes with lots of bass, then why are D&B nights cram-full of 18-year-old rudeboy wannabes? And why are tearout bassline Breaks nights a complete sausage fest?

Sorry, not convinced.

I'll agree on the funk though... anything with a bit of a shuffle is more likely to get people in general dancing.

RDR
19-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah but what about the bassline stuff, UK garage fests are crammed with 18 year old girls.

I think the bass argument doesnt really have much weight. a nice bassline gets everyone going.

Heroes
19-07-2005, 10:47 AM

Yea....more girls would make for a better night for any single guys out there on the prowl :lol:

I definitely notice the lack of women that listen to techno or go to techno parties too....wish I knew why that was....there's so many different varieties of it that there's something for everyone......even women. But, women tend to like the floatiness and prettiness of trance or whatever else it is they listen to these days. For me, I LOVE TECHNO.....especially sitting on the bassbins....ahhhh those 30-40hz feel good ;)

and theres me thinking all that fluid at the end of the night on a dancfloor was spilt beer, dooooh.

without a doubt its east europe for female dancefloors,

Sunil
19-07-2005, 10:52 AM
i think the assumption going on here (and it's a false one at that) is that girls aren't interested in aggressive music.

In all cases maybe not, in general though I don't think girls warm so much to aggressive music.

you try putting up with sexism 24-7 and yer ass will GET DOWN to some distorted ass techno...

Some girls I know or who I see at techno nights, *completely* lose it and go mad to techno or hard techno.. there's not many of them though!

i really do think it's a matter of presentation. i have played some ridiculously HARD sets and had women completely off their heads. why? because i understand movement and composition(this is not a statement of arrogance; just a fact). i can't say it enough. frankly, there are a ton of djs who think stringing songs end to end is interesting, but they have not put their heads toward COMPOSING a set. movement is the key. linearity is uninteresting and tedious...

You're right. The way the DJ presents his/her set is imperative.

miss bass
19-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah but what about the bassline stuff, UK garage fests are crammed with 18 year old girls.

I think the bass argument doesnt really have much weight. a nice bassline gets everyone going.

It doesnt.

Im an 18 yr old and i love anything from classical to rock to electronica, therefore the common denominator being = this sucks sausage.

Traxx
19-07-2005, 02:21 PM
:?:

RDR
19-07-2005, 03:38 PM

It doesnt.

Im an 18 yr old and i love anything from classical to rock to electronica, therefore the common denominator being = this sucks sausage.

No, i understand her Traxx, she means the bassline issue. But the sausage comment? I take it you mean the whole thread...

PS - you still havent answered my unicorn question... ;) :lol:

miss bass
19-07-2005, 03:44 PM

It doesnt.

No, i understand her Traxx, she means the bassline issue. But the sausage comment? I take it you mean the whole thread...

PS - you still havent answered my unicorn question... ;) :lol:

sorry i must have been fantasising about things with big horns

TechMouse
19-07-2005, 03:45 PM
sorry i must have been fantasising about things with big horns
Harold from Neighbours, with his Tuba.

RDR
19-07-2005, 05:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/neighbours/whoswho/images/poses/whos_harold_0082.gif

Bashing the bishop...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im so ****in purile... :twisted:

BRADLEE
19-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah have to put a bit of funk into the mix for the ladies to really want to get down. Gotta have them shaking their little asses for sure :cool:

DJ Becka
19-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah have to put a bit of funk into the mix for the ladies to really want to get down. Gotta have them shaking their little asses for sure :cool:

And what about the ones with the big asses? :lol:

BRADLEE
19-07-2005, 07:51 PM
And what about the ones with the big asses?

They like to shake it too. No harm in that!!! As long as they're having a good time, that's all that matters :cool:

dan the acid man
19-07-2005, 08:11 PM
i think the main point here, is we should all mix our sets up as much as we can, i find nothing more boring than seeing a set that just bangs from start to finish, or one that never gets going.

BRADLEE
19-07-2005, 08:13 PM
think the main point here, is we should all mix our sets up as much as we can, i find nothing more boring than seeing a set that just bangs from start to finish, or one that never gets going.

I can't say I agree entirely, just depends on my mood. However for the vast majority of the time, you are correct. Most cannot handle a full on ganging assault for an hour or more.

BRADLEE
19-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Meant to say Banging :lol:

xfive
19-07-2005, 08:17 PM

Ganging.. Banging.... you know.. :doh:

:shock: :lol:

BRADLEE
19-07-2005, 08:19 PM
:lol: I knew you were going to say something K....LOL

Glad I corrected myself.... :doh:

DJ Becka
19-07-2005, 09:07 PM

Ganging.. Banging.... you know.. :doh:

:shock: :lol:

Same difference....DOH!!! :doh:

xfive
19-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Geez we're all a buncho pervs.... :dontevengothere:

:lol: :lol:

koma
19-07-2005, 09:18 PM
first gang bang..
then asses..
come on, lets go back to the music :lol:

ahem.. dj assault: ass & titties, ass & titties :love: i'm sure grrls love that tune...

DJ Becka
19-07-2005, 09:19 PM
first gang bang..
then asses..
come on, lets go back to the music :lol:

ahem.. dj assault: ass & titties, ass & titties :love: i'm sure grrls love that tune...

Yea....especiall when I'm sittin on the bass bins....DOHHHH!!! :doh:

DJ Becka
19-07-2005, 09:20 PM
OK.....see....now you got me so riled up that I cant even type :nono:

BRADLEE
19-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:19 pm Post subject:

I'm sittin on the bass bins....DOHHHH!!!

:lol: :eh:

DJ Becka
19-07-2005, 09:26 PM
[quote]Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:19 pm Post subject:
:lol: :eh:

I was kidding :oops:

BRADLEE
19-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah I know, was just kidding back ;)

stjohn
19-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Yea....especiall when I'm sittin on the bass bins....DOHHHH!!! :doh:

was that you in the Howards Stern fillum?

nice speakers! ;)

gunjack
20-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Yep, that`s why I make girlie techno.

bwahahahahah seriously tho what an idea. girl techno?

Little Fella!
20-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Ecky thumpers, that was an intense read!

We have thought about this for a long time, (again?) :shock:

Forgive me if I repeat anyone but, perhaps if we look at this from the angle that women are very important in this scene then the correct perspective can be achieved...

Diversity is essential, which has been said:- as there are producers/D.J's who are aware that it is important to appeal to all an audiences needs, and have identified what they may class as a flaw in their presentation,

then surely this is a good thing as it will help to expand creative awareness for the common good. :!:

What ya fink...?

audioinjection
22-07-2005, 03:32 AM
im gonna make girly schranz

dirty_bass
22-07-2005, 10:08 AM

Yeah, a good amount of sub at around 33hz does the job.
Although most bass vibrations are good for the girls, as long as you don`t start hitting some of the nastier frequencies that can cause paranoia and such

RDR
22-07-2005, 10:47 AM

I thought you already did ya big jessie!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xfive
22-07-2005, 03:58 PM

He already did a schranz cover album of:

http://www.nsync-fans.com/images/justified_cover.jpg

Come on now.. where are the clips ?

Jay Pace
22-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I think you are all weird.

I personally prefer a lambrini fuelled cyndi lauper fest to any of your ridiculous repetitive drum noises.

Come'on - WHERE'S THE WHINING?

LET ME HEAR THAT WHINE-E-E-E-E

RDR
22-07-2005, 07:42 PM

Why am i not suprised? :roll:

Mwahahahaha LMAO

davethedrummer
22-07-2005, 10:16 PM

Although most bass vibrations are good for the girls, as long as you don`t start hitting some of the nastier frequencies that can cause paranoia and such

really .....how fascinating ......i'm sure you've romanced many women with that little gem of information....unbelievable!

Honeey
23-07-2005, 06:06 AM
^^^^^ Thank you, you made my day :lol:

RDR
23-07-2005, 09:47 AM

really .....how fascinating ......i'm sure you've romanced many women with that little gem of information....unbelievable!
\
:doh: so thats where ive been going wrong, all this time is shoulda had Bazza white on the decks rather than that test tone i've been using....

jonnyspeed
23-07-2005, 11:31 AM
all my girlfriends like...
-subbass
-noodles type interludes
-proper techno not dull scranz or happy hard house/trance
-live sets
-blokes with their tops on

dirty_bass
23-07-2005, 05:55 PM

Playing on a rig with 24" drivers in the sub boxes had some benefits over the years.

dan the acid man
23-07-2005, 07:09 PM
yeah, your now deaf :lol: :lol:

xfive
23-07-2005, 07:16 PM

I don't think subs will make you go deaf... its those bloody piercing hi's!

Or so my right ear tells me :cry:

RDR
24-07-2005, 11:14 AM

What?

dan the acid man
24-07-2005, 11:54 AM

What?

i was waiting for this, im surprised it took so long :lol: :lol:

audioinjection
24-07-2005, 11:37 PM

haha you bastards!

The Overfiend
25-07-2005, 02:16 AM
HOW DID I GET A WARNING OFF THIS COLUMN, I SAID NOTHING OFFENSIVE AT ALL :protest:

dirty_bass
25-07-2005, 02:29 AM
HOW DID I GET A WARNING OFF THIS COLUMN, I SAID NOTHING OFFENSIVE AT ALL :protest:
You`re a bad boy and you know it.
We all need to behave a bit better.

The Overfiend
25-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Do we get to go off get tattoos and smoke ciggarettes with the questionable girls under the bleachers?
http://www.geekroar.com/film/archives/grease_kids.jpg

Nymphomytechno
28-07-2005, 01:25 PM
For information purposes and just to back Miss B up (As she's amazingly spot on with her major, being techno) I've loved Techno since I heard it, at 15. I had SO many mates who loved techno but all of a sudden they ALL disappeared.
I, like Miss B, link Techno with mood and reaction (and for me personally, it's massively sexual too). It IS about the person. Girls, generally, are insecure and not as knowledgeable about themselves as they should be and a lot of them are happy to be perceived as the glamorous norm (i.e. don't have to work at pioneering something different for fear of rejection). Any one of you in the music business will know the word "Direction". It's as simple as this...
Girls who like techno are the types, like Madonna who say "this is who I am, this is the market I'm going to rip the arse out of, this is what I want to do". The other is your S-club type; pretty, can make noise, young - brought to you by an agent who asks you about the "direction" you're going to put her in.
I love techno, 11 years on. Always will.

RDR
28-07-2005, 01:28 PM
For information purposes and just to back Miss B up (As she's amazingly spot on with her major, being techno) I've loved Techno since I heard it, at 15. I had SO many mates who loved techno but all of a sudden they ALL disappeared.
I, like Miss B, link Techno with mood and reaction (and for me personally, it's massively sexual too). It IS about the person. Girls, generally, are insecure and not as knowledgeable about themselves as they should be and a lot of them are happy to be perceived as the glamorous norm (i.e. don't have to work at pioneering something different for fear of rejection). Any one of you in the music business will know the word "Direction". It's as simple as this...
Girls who like techno are the types, like Madonna who say "this is who I am, this is the market I'm going to rip the arse out of, this is what I want to do". The other is your S-club type; pretty, can make noise, young - brought to you by an agent who asks you about the "direction" you're going to put her in.
I love techno, 11 years on. Always will.

:clap: Well said by a true trooper.

278d7e64a374de26f==