PDA

View Full Version : Stand up, Bill Youngman...

jonnyspeed
24-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I thought it worthwhile starting a topic on Bill Youngman. I was out walking today listening to him Live at Bass Invaders (http://www.bassinvaders.net/audio/bill_youngman_live_bass_invaders_30_7_04.mp3). Quality party material. His perfect mixing, funky percussion and ghetto-style MCing is a continuing breath of fresh air for me. Can't get enough of his recent collaborations (http://www.humpty-stuttgart.de//humptyv3/public/public.php?R=youngman&x=0&y=0&P=result_a&S=70) with Neil Landstrumm and his mash-up on Crime's epic Cheerleaders remix EP.

so what you think?

:cool:

wrong
24-07-2005, 11:01 PM
'ello jonny

Yep, definately a fan of his stuff with landstrumm of late, although the production could be a bit bigger (imho)
try and check out what was maybe his first release on scandinavia...can't remember the name...something like 'bad box' ep..Its just his voice doing absurd beatbox for the whole side...classs

jonnyspeed
24-07-2005, 11:12 PM
ah! didn't realise that was you, mate. how funny is that. 'ello. My mate Sam is still talking about that party. nice one.

iffi
24-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeh,gotta say big up to Bill Youngman who played twisted last friday,along with Subhead n House of Fix. Didn't know what 2 expect,but thoroughly enjoyed it-excellent stuff... ;)

Mirsha
24-07-2005, 11:41 PM
I've heard a set or two with the MCing and erm... Oh I hate MC's with a passion, "Shut the **** up and let me listen to the music" is a good summination of how I feel about it.

jonnyspeed
25-07-2005, 12:43 AM
feel the love, man.

iffi
25-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I've heard a set or two with the MCing and erm... Oh I hate MC's with a passion, "Shut the **** up and let me listen to the music" is a good summination of how I feel about it.

Yeh,see what u mean.
I'm not a big fan of MC's either,n having listened 2 the Bass Invaders thing i'm still not. But there was no MCing @ Twisted the other night-not while i was in the room anyway. Maybe we were just lucky.
But his music...man,that was top-and he's an alright dude too...

278d7e64a374de26f==