PDA

View Full Version : Billy Nasty...

Si the Sigh
28-07-2005, 02:26 PM
...where's he gone? :?:

Does he still DJ? Does he still produce? Does he still run Tortured Records? :eh:

eyes without a face
28-07-2005, 02:31 PM
he does on all counts

dan the acid man
28-07-2005, 02:45 PM
he sure does

Si the Sigh
28-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I've not seen his name on a flyer for years. What sort of evens has he played at recently? Same goes with the tunes, what was the last track / EP he released? Info me up!

eyes without a face
28-07-2005, 02:53 PM
he played Voodoo about a month ago, only one of the biggest techno nights in the uk! :lol:

he's never put much out in terms of releases and i have no idea of his last ep, and as far as im away he's never put an ep out under his own name so a search would come back fruitless, altho he's released stuff under the name "Kamaflarge", did an ep years back called Diskotamination that was fairly popular

maybe check his websites or the Tortured sites for details ;)

Si the Sigh
28-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info. I'll search around the net. Must have missed the flyers for that Voodoo... :oops: :lol:

koma
28-07-2005, 03:11 PM
he regularly visits Croatia couple times a year, I think there isnt one bigger club around here he didnt played at ;)

fitipaldi
28-07-2005, 03:20 PM
He did an electro set for sequence in manchester as well not so long ago.

lau
28-07-2005, 03:22 PM
He plays here pretty often...

only on real big commercial parties tho...

marginmaster
28-07-2005, 03:25 PM
hes a legend, been rocking techno since the start

G-whizz
28-07-2005, 03:31 PM
He's on the line up for fabric.......

Sat 13th Aug 05
Room1
TYRANT:

Craig Richards
Lee Burridge
Alex Smoke (live)
Margaret Dygas

Room2
HAYWIRE SESSIONS:

Billy Nasty
Mat Carter
Mr Velcro Fastener (live)
Dave Congreve

Room3
DJ Silversurfer
Jamie Jones (DJs Can Dance)
Matt Styles

Entrance
10:00pm - 7:00am
Price £15 (£12 nus)
Advance tickets available from TICKETWEB: Buy Here

Jay Sanders
28-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Billy Nasty is a wicked DJ... seem him a few times now, we even went to slinky when they booked him just to see him, then we basically ****ed off after his set!!

I dont think he's played in the South West since then and that was a year or 2 ago... Shame

Patrick
28-07-2005, 03:47 PM
he's never put much out in terms of releases and i have no idea of his last ep, and as far as im away he's never put an ep out under his own name so a search would come back fruitless, altho he's released stuff under the name "Kamaflarge", did an ep years back called Diskotamination that was fairly popular

He's done lots of remixes under his own name, although, as you say, he hasn't had any releases under his 'real' name.

He was also half of Vinyl Blair who used to have releases on Leftfield's Hard Hands label iirc. In fact, I think he also did some collaborations with Paul Daley as well, but the name of the outfit escapes me at the mo.

Francisco Scaramanga
28-07-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Billy Nasty under another guise who did the well banging mix of double flash off the 2nd leftfield album. Cant remember the name he used, but I think it had the word "brown" in it.

Patrick
28-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Billy Nasty under another guise who did the well banging mix of double flash off the 2nd leftfield album. Cant remember the name he used, but I think it had the word "brown" in it.

Billy Nasty & Richard Brown.

Patrick
28-07-2005, 04:40 PM
...........who were also called Barb Wired.

Dave Elyzium
28-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Billy is an amzing DJ but I ave never managed to catch him live yet :(

still love all my old Love Of Life tapes from back in 1995/1996 - some amazing sets layed down bu Billy back then :)

MARK NEENAN
28-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Saw billy nasty @ the monestry in torquay before it shut down! That was the only time i wen't to that club i think? must be 3 or 4 years ago now, went there just for billy and he didn't let us down!
Excellent set he played! I have loads of tapes and cd's of his and there all crackin! :clap:

MARK NEENAN
28-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Billy is an amzing DJ but I ave never managed to catch him live yet :(

still love all my old Love Of Life tapes from back in 1995/1996 - some amazing sets layed down bu Billy back then :)

No way i have one of those LOL tapes of his, Is yours the one with the 2 sharks on the cover? That is a shit hot tape! :clap:
Classic! :cool:

Dave Elyzium
28-07-2005, 05:47 PM
i have 3 or 4 but they are copies - will look up the dates when i get home ;)

wrong
28-07-2005, 11:23 PM

He's done lots of remixes under his own name, although, as you say, he hasn't had any releases under his 'real' name.

He was also half of Vinyl Blair who used to have releases on Leftfield's Hard Hands label iirc. In fact, I think he also did some collaborations with Paul Daley as well, but the name of the outfit escapes me at the mo.

yes.... one of my favourite tunes used to be Vinyl Blair , think the track name was horsework on the other side of trainspotter..the track with the sample:
its been three weeks since the class elections....what are you people...ON DOPE?? wicked tune - still sounds good today, if a little unsure which side of the 'divide' it's sitting in

Sunil
28-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Some of the stuff he did as Shi-Take on Zoom was great, in fact I think it was the slightly trancier period of his productions that I liked the most, always very well crafted tunes.

Being a DJ first and foremost though, I think producing came a little bit down in his list of priorities. Tortured had a great run for the first number of years, and fair play to him for doing Electrix too..

278d7e64a374de26f==