PDA

View Full Version : who wants a record deal? ftp upload details

Heroes
04-08-2005, 02:58 PM
ok heres the details for people who are not able to host there own tracks and wish to submit them..

ftp: ftp.gm-multimedia.com
user: producer
pass: mywork

please can you drop your tracks in there, dont worry about tracks being removed by others or others listening to your work because the accounts set to "write" only. after they are uploaded please send an email to the_urban_warrior@mac.com then i can go and check.

please make the tracks 128kbs

thanks and regards

fatcollective
05-08-2005, 10:35 AM
sound as a pound, will get onto it as soon as i get home ;)

RDR
05-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Done.

Mindful
06-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Says it cannot find server :cry: downer

g
06-08-2005, 09:13 PM
seems to work fine if you use an ftp client

gary_human
07-08-2005, 11:42 AM
niceone - uploading now - got a free ftp client :)

DJStorm
07-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Done.

I'll take this chance to say hello to everyone ;)

dirty_bass
07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
How cool is this?
Good to see a top bod removing the barrier of clique to open the doors to diversity and art.
Respect.
:clap:

distek
09-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Done :lol:

heavy beats
09-08-2005, 05:41 PM
sounds good

gunjack
09-08-2005, 06:52 PM
How cool is this?
Good to see a top bod removing the barrier of clique to open the doors to diversity and art.
Respect.

dude, why don't you just crawl up glenns arse and get it over with?

slavestudios
09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
How cool is this?
Respect.

:shock:

dan the acid man
09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
oh dear :roll:

gunjack
09-08-2005, 07:01 PM
seriously, good idea for demo submission ftp, but hardly something new. DM has been accepting online submissions for years now..... i love how, on blackout, glenn could say "huvalaboo" and folks would go on and on about the significance......

hey DB, if you are so impressed by the removal of the "clique" barrier, then maybe don't perpetuate that "clique" by being extra sloppy every time glenn posts.

Heroes
09-08-2005, 07:06 PM
huvalaboo

dan the acid man
09-08-2005, 07:08 PM
huvalaboo

wow, genious, brilliant, so cool :crackup: oh dm wont get this, its humour

massplanck
09-08-2005, 07:09 PM
huvalaboo

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

glenn!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

dan the acid man
09-08-2005, 07:09 PM
seriously, good idea for demo submission ftp, but hardly something new. DM has been accepting online submissions for years now..... i love how, on blackout, glenn could say "huvalaboo" and folks would go on and on about the significance......

hey DB, if you are so impressed by the removal of the "clique" barrier, then maybe don't perpetuate that "clique" by being extra sloppy every time glenn posts.

have you ever posted details of your label in here, asking for demos too, im sure if you do, or have, then you would also have got a similar response

eyes without a face
09-08-2005, 07:10 PM
huvalaboo

****ing brilliant, i love you Glenn, i love your records and i love your name and i love your car, and your studio equipment....

sorry

davethedrummer
09-08-2005, 08:41 PM

man, you are one sour grape!
what the fu@k has happened? did your girfriend leave you or something?
you've said nothing positive in the last couple of days about anything.
why the hell do you come on this forum in the first place?
your posts just come across as self-righteous ,aggressive and arrogant.
is this really the way you want it to be?

g
09-08-2005, 09:02 PM
..DM has been accepting online submissions for years now.....
not like i'm CNN but that's news to me. where are the details of this?

MARKEG
09-08-2005, 10:46 PM
deaf you're a good guy, but come on!!!!! no one's sucking no ones ass and no one's licking anyone's titties. it's about keeping things positive here. we've had a few things recently that have really damaged the forum and it seems like things could be getting back on track. please please dont post if you haven't got anything +ve of constructive to say. and if you really have to make a point that's totally off tangent to the +veity of a topic, please start another thread.

i simply can't see how responding +vely to the offer of a record deal is licking bum. good god!!!

anyway please help us alll out here deaf.

cheers man ;)

dirty_bass
09-08-2005, 11:03 PM

When have I been sloppy about Glen? I treat everyone the same.

Dude, do you want some vinegar to go with the chip on your shoulder?

I give credit when I think it`s due, and I call out when I think it`s due.
Either way I`ll get shot down for it, whether it`s my argument ages ago with glen, or whether it`s me being impressed by him putting his money where his mouth is, either way, your comments are all about you and your ego. Shootin down glen in one breath and then claiming you have been doing what he has been doing by accepting demo`s for ages.

Stop whining man, all you ever do is moan on this forum.
Cheer up dude, get some ex lax to unplug that blockage, hey watch Gilligans Island, anything that will cheer you up.

http://transbenik.free.fr/prodigy/discographie/dvd.jpg

pedrod
09-08-2005, 11:11 PM

Deafmosaic.. You are seriously the biggest TWAT in here!

Tyrisia
09-08-2005, 11:32 PM
excentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, this offer is encouraging and good news for all the peeps on this board who are so passionate about their music.

slavestudios
10-08-2005, 12:31 AM
personally, i think this is a wonderful thing & one of the most generous acts a label can commit to.

The Overfiend
10-08-2005, 12:33 AM

Calm Down Hector, Pedro, Ricardo, Chico.....
We should send you two to Vex..........

gunjack
10-08-2005, 12:42 AM
huvalaboo

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :twisted:

Komplex
10-08-2005, 02:17 AM
no one's licking anyone's titties

Speak for yourself mate :lol:

-----------------

Deafmosaic: you could post DM's ftp upload address too. Be cool, not lame.

davethedrummer
10-08-2005, 02:28 AM
huvalaboo

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :twisted:

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah yourself , what ever that means

dirty_bass
10-08-2005, 03:37 AM
It`s similar to mwahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
but with a touch of hihihihihihihihihihihi
you know
Some of this
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/kwik-e-simpsons/wallpapers/nelson-800x600.gif

A touch of this
http://cinema.gothic.ru/moviestills/evil_dead3.jpg

A few drops of this
http://www.southparkx.net/gallery/data/media/3/evillaugh3d2d.jpg

Just a touch of this
http://tulsatvmemories.com/spacegho/milclos.jpg

And a great big spoonful of this
http://tinyrevolution.com/mt-static/images/joker.jpg

eyes without a face
10-08-2005, 09:58 AM

Calm Down Hector, Pedro, Ricardo, Chico.....
We should send you two to Vex..........

i personally think Pete's right, this is a wonderful opportunity and already is benefiting people off this board, i dont see Gunny's offer to soley use DM for the users of this board, big difference in what you claim gunny, because errrmmm well i dont know 1 single label who wont take submissions from other artists, please point one out tho if im wrong, and i certainly dont know any other label with such an exclusive offer on the table

roll with it, if you want to send tracks then do, if you dont, then put your dummy back in and let people get on with it

serox
10-08-2005, 10:17 AM
personally, i think this is a wonderful thing & one of the most generous acts a label can commit to.

i have not heard of of many techno labels doing this and i cannot think of a good reason why. if it was setup how this one is with write only so you cannot steel etc.

this is very easy to set up. :clap:

g
10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
..DM has been accepting online submissions for years now.....
not like i'm CNN but that's news to me. where are the details of this?
??

DELTA9MDA
10-08-2005, 07:20 PM
How cool is this?
Respect.

dont be an asshole. glenn is the man, your apology is accepted.

MARKEG
10-08-2005, 10:58 PM
i think we need to stop already with the gunny hate. i've just come off a series of pm's with him and i genuinely believe he's a downright sound bloke with a tendancy just to over-react (for want of a better word!!! hehehe). me and him have spoke, it's all sorted and i really hope he brings some of that great gunny humour back to the board.

anyway, just want to say this is a great, great opportunity for ppl out there. i've been wantiing to do the same thing with blackout for a few releases but we had distro problems (so apologies to those who's posted there stuff up for me but i never got back to but without distor you're a bit foooked eh ;) ). sure it's nothing new, but it's a lovely idea that cuts out all that bullshit send cd/get no response/think you are crap/email the companny/get no response/get all paranoid thing that happens to nearly all producers and really hinders good music.

anyway.. keep this going glenn. it reminds me of the quality and expression in the early templ8 stuff which discovered the likes of gaetek and umek.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Heroes
10-08-2005, 11:37 PM
anyway.. keep this going glenn. it reminds me of the quality and expression in the early templ8 stuff which discovered the likes of gaetek and umek.

umek wasnt on template ya northern twat

MARKEG
10-08-2005, 11:39 PM
f off then.. i got it wrong.. ahhhh come on you know what i mean you southern slutty shandy shaggin cunt.

dan the acid man
10-08-2005, 11:44 PM
shandy shaggin, how do you shag a shandy then .............actually, i'd rather not know :crackup: :lol:

MARKEG
10-08-2005, 11:53 PM
http://www.destiny-sporthorses.co.nz/images/shandy4.JPG

dirty_bass
10-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Well yeah, this doesn`t need to escalate to gunny hate, I don`t think it is, it`s all in good humour, but really, I`m doing my best to take a more positive stance in this forum, but it is difficult when pointless accusations fly.
So please folks, we all know this scene/industry/thing is crumbling, so we don`t need to be spiking each other here, it`s not gonna help.
Lets try to pull together rather than split apart.

MARKEG
10-08-2005, 11:58 PM
bang ****in on :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dan the acid man
10-08-2005, 11:59 PM

jeez :shock:

BRADLEE
11-08-2005, 12:23 AM
a horse is a horse of course of course.... :lol:

massplanck
11-08-2005, 12:34 AM
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/dmtribute/ted09.jpg

pedrod
11-08-2005, 05:17 AM

:shock: :shock:

RDR
11-08-2005, 08:35 AM

:shock: :shock:

First you had goat boy from hull....

and now, for your viewing PLEASURE!

Horse boy from Leeds!

BRADLEE
04-10-2005, 01:25 AM
I don't know if it's the firewall at my work or what, but I am unable to get connected to your FTP Glenn. I've tried countless times, but I only have the net at work amigo.

Is it ok if I send you a link thru yousendit.com???

THX,
B

The Overfiend
04-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Give it to me and I'll send it from my crib B.

jon connor
04-10-2005, 02:43 PM
you lot are mentaly disterbed :lol: :lol: :lol: i thought i was the only lunatic in here that needed help hehehehehehehehehe :lol:

anyway mr wilson you bad ass mother fuker great idea , gives some of the smaller guys in here a bit of a chance to shine dont you think :?: after all, is this not a smart and positive move from a well astablished label camp ... i think so..... all twats against go fuk yourself :rambo:

easy now nutters ........... :pray:

gumpy green
04-10-2005, 02:51 PM
http://www.destiny-sporthorses.co.nz/images/shandy4.JPGthats the horse my mates get the k off.

278d7e64a374de26f==