PDA

View Full Version : Wetworks Vs Messenger - Live Pa

The Overfiend
20-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Ok guys
Brad's done his pa's before.
It's my first.
Any suggestions.
I have a brick in my stomach the size of Old Russia!

dan the acid man
20-02-2006, 08:33 AM
yeah, don't spill your drink all over the equipment :cheese:

RDR
20-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Ensure your parts are laid out ina good order
Give yourself room to breath in the set, a few howling non percussive breakdowns so you can jump up and down and enjoy yourself
Check cables and equipment for damage
start computers well in advance to make sure they are running warm and there are no problems
dont drink too much
dont smoke too much
have a clear division of work between you both and stick to it.
Take spares of everything
Practice the live set at home and record it, to be blunt if it all goes tits up you can put the CD on and pretend until you get the problem fixed and sorted, if this isnt acceptable, have one of your records on the decks ready to go and you can dive into that until the problem is sorted.
simple sounds are often the best, dont overload the mix, it'll just make it muddy -remember this is an unmastered sound - on the flip side it also means you can push the pa a bit more.
Set up as close to the DJ mixer as possible, and use it during the performance - a few FX blasts, EQ fun and gain pumping will work wonders...

HTH

eyeswithoutaface
20-02-2006, 09:29 AM
sounds interesting mangggg

what you guys using?

dirty_bass
20-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Learn the midi controller and where everything is assigned. Learn it like you know your own schlong.
Assign effects over the master out on ableton and then assign them to keys on the keyboard. Ie assign the on off button to keys on the keyboard, so you can trigger crazy effects onj the fly, to the whole mix.
I try to produce everything as well as possible before banging it down to ableton for crisp and clean sound.
Pre sidechain your basslines if possible, before sampling them.
Set the levels in ableton so all the sounds hit the right level in the same place on the midi controller sliders, use the clip volume, it will make your life much easier, especially when you are using 8 or more audio channels. I set the correct volume to be about 7/8ths on the sliders on my controller, so I still have headroom to push each sound if I need to.
Have some fully made tracks you can mix in, DJ-Style, to give yourself a break, enjoy the crowd and vibe etc.
Don`t get messed up before hand.

try to use some live vsti. It makes things more fun and more live. I go for the less intensive but good workhorse vsti. Like Microtonic, Pro53, Audio Realism Bassline.

PEople will be more impressed when you start tweaking and the sound really changes, rather than just banging loops together.

audioinjection
21-02-2006, 07:52 PM
haha, dont get too drunk before your set!

JamieBall
22-02-2006, 01:37 AM
Just ROCK.

I've heard your music and it's top, all you gots to do is work it LOUD and you'll enjoy yourself big time :-)

Go at it straight like a hammer to a nail.

278d7e64a374de26f==