PDA

View Full Version : HEADCHARGE / SHEFFIELD

Dirtyacid
06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I,ve not been for a few year,s is it still going because it was without a doubt the best club i,ve ever been to.
Just how I always imagined a techno club to be (reyt up a back street under a railway bridge with sick as **** music)

Martin Dust
06-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Closed about 3 years ago

dan the acid man
06-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah its pretty much finished, i spent alot of great nights there.
After the arches shut, it tried moving around to different clubs, but it never really worked, they have done a few one off events, but most of the old resident dj's haven't played at them.

There have been rumours about the arches club re-opening for a while now, but whether it will remains a mystery, all i know is it was going to take quite a bit of money to do it up, and there isn't alot of money floating around to be paid for all the work.

On another note, Karl Lang, the resident photographer brought out a book of photos from headcharge last year, great book :techno:

Martin Dust
07-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Loved the place and the people, hated the music tho - pure washing machine shite. Went a bit down hill when all the old crew stopped going and the K took over.

You tried Fatmoon Dan?

DJsmallpaul
07-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I,ve not been for a few year,s is it still going because it was without a doubt the best club i,ve ever been to.
Just how I always imagined a techno club to be (reyt up a back street under a railway bridge with sick as **** music)

Good night that eh Simon ;)

dan the acid man
07-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Loved the place and the people, hated the music tho - pure washing machine shite. Went a bit down hill when all the old crew stopped going and the K took over.

You tried Fatmoon Dan?

fatmoons a bit too psychedelic for me, although the vibe is really good.

but i cant listen to more than one set of psychedelic trance in a night :lol:

Martin Dust
07-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Good people tho, nice vibe and yeah not my kind of music either but good "roots" We played a couple of gigs with them in some illegal pub - best request ever "Look, I know you love this shit (Badger Bite was playing at the time) but have you got any Drum and Bass"

Looking at doing some more dust stuff really soon...

dan the acid man
07-03-2006, 10:13 PM
cool, i'll look forward to that

rowland the bastard
15-03-2006, 11:36 AM
i think jamie is still looking for another venue to match the arche's its gonna be hard to top that gaff but i think jamie has it in him :cheese:

Dirtyacid
15-03-2006, 08:16 PM
i think that the arches was mint as **** just nice n dirty & the people was awsome i hope jamie doe,s get headcharge going again it,s everything i wanted in a club sick as **** music top people & totally underground god if only the rest of the world was like that

Aratron
15-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah its pretty much finished, i spent alot of great nights there.
After the arches shut, it tried moving around to different clubs, but it never really worked, they have done a few one off events, but most of the old resident dj's haven't played at them.

There have been rumours about the arches club re-opening for a while now, but whether it will remains a mystery, all i know is it was going to take quite a bit of money to do it up, and there isn't alot of money floating around to be paid for all the work.

On another note, Karl Lang, the resident photographer brought out a book of photos from headcharge last year, great book :techno:]

yeah i used to go to headcharge every month - sick as ****.
im even on one of the photos somewhere.
dan where can you get that book from dude?
a bit like taking ketamine going to the arches, it never kind of leaves you

Aratron
15-03-2006, 08:24 PM
i think jamie is still looking for another venue to match the arche's its gonna be hard to top that gaff but i think jamie has it in him :cheese:

seen you play there rowland - with your hood up while you were mixing - looked cool as ****.
i wnet to see you play got so bolloxed the fact that you were there seemed incidental

Aratron
15-03-2006, 08:28 PM
its the arches that does it
that place has its own aura , dark underworld of mystery and fun

dan the acid man
15-03-2006, 08:28 PM

seen you play there rowland - with your hood up while you were mixing - looked cool as ****.
i wnet to see you play got so bolloxed the fact that you were there seemed incidental

yeah was a top night that

dan the acid man
15-03-2006, 08:32 PM
the trouble is now there's nowhere like the arches left, most of the other clubs are really nice and clean, and all seem to play the same kind of music succesfully, so i can't see them wanting to give up a friday for techno.

but as long as nobody else buys the arches and turns it into something other than a club, then there's always hope of it returning

dan the acid man
15-03-2006, 08:34 PM
you can get the book from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955034604/qid%3D1142454811/203-7905922-5199166

robin m
15-03-2006, 08:37 PM
I only managed to go once before it shut, was a banging night tho - perfect venue, seems a waste to keep it closed down. :eh:

acidsaturation
21-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I took my first little 'un in the arches... DIY soundsystem night many many many eyars ago... Shame it's shut... loved it.

278d7e64a374de26f==