View Full Version : Blackout Show - Kevin Saunderson

The Overfiend
02-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Bloody hell Mark
Early Xmas present or what!

eyeswithoutaface
02-04-2006, 08:39 AM
great stuff

i'l be seeing Kevin play live next month too in my local :)

The Overfiend
02-04-2006, 10:05 AM
me me me me me

koma
02-04-2006, 11:28 AM
kevin played yesterday in zagreb
i'm just reading the reviews..

eyeswithoutaface
02-04-2006, 11:55 AM
you you you you you

SlavikSvensk
03-04-2006, 05:28 PM
just saw this...haven't downloaded it yet. can't wait to!

Miromiric
03-04-2006, 06:13 PM
me2!

holotropik
04-04-2006, 08:15 AM
These radio shows are the best thing goin I reckon.

Si the Sigh
04-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Amen to that!*

(*best thing going along with the Split Show...)

The Divide
04-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Im only on the 1st tune and what a tune that is!!!

g
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
only things i've heard about kevin's djing in the last year are bad things.

Evil G
06-04-2006, 09:07 PM
i thought this was a great show. i loved what saunderson had to say about the "meaning of techno", emphasizing that it is meant to be underground and take the listener on a journey to places that pop music can't go.

Sunil
06-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah, good show.. heard a few nice new things as well... that David K on Cocoon sounded good.

Sauderson sounds like a decent skin, although the part about not being able to namecheck *any* other producers that he likes or is excited about because he doesn't read the names on records, was a bit lame! He doesn't need to be a trainspotter or ought, but c'mon, everyone (usually) knows what records or producers they like :)

koma
06-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Sauderson sounds like a decent skin, although the part about not being able to namecheck *any* other producers that he likes or is excited about because he doesn't read the names on records, was a bit lame! He doesn't need to be a trainspotter or ought, but c'mon, everyone (usually) knows what records or producers they like :)

yeah, that's a bit strange

artists as big as he is should always be pushing new talent, new breed.

The Overfiend
07-04-2006, 02:54 AM
I think he was trying to be fair.
Meaning he plays some much of everyone it would be fairly difficult to single out anyone.
Someone like him can get quoted.
Then that person he states gets hyped up like oh favorite of Belleville three's Kevin Saunderson.

mattboyslim
07-04-2006, 02:20 PM
all the big players do that from what i've heard.
It often feels like a marketing thing more than anything, making them appear oh so superior and underground.
If you are seen as being oblivious to what is going on in the scene around you, it would make you seem as more of an originator and innovator I guess.

koma
07-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I think he was trying to be fair.
Meaning he plays some much of everyone it would be fairly difficult to single out anyone.
Someone like him can get quoted.
Then that person he states gets hyped up like oh favorite of Belleville three's Kevin Saunderson.

I see your point
but still, I see this happening a lot in progressive house, trance etc. big names are pushing young ones all the time, through putting their tracks in mix compilations, putting them on their agencies rooster's, through mentioning in interviews...

those big names are in the media all the time, they could use that space for promotion of new ideas, new names... imagine the amount of music they get, wouldnt you be excited enough by something to say "hey everybody, check this dude, his stuff rocks" lets say, once a month? ;)

tekara
10-04-2006, 04:12 AM
i can understand where everyones coming from, but i think people might be just reading into his statements a bit too much.

Then again, its almost a lose-lose situation for these guys. When someone is honest like Dereck May and outright says that he doesnt like any of the new stuff, people will hate on him. Then when Saunderson says he doesnt pay too much attention to all the new artists out there, he is accused of being dishonest. I guess the only thing left for them to say is "Great! We love everyone and everything!"

Whats the point of even asking for their opinion if everyones just gonna disect it?

holotropik
12-04-2006, 11:07 AM
I dont pay no mind to names much. I am know for this, most bag me out actually coz I dont know names or trends or tracks or labels. I just dont seem to give a fark. To busy listening or something.
It was interesting to hear Kev say this in the interview.....even if it is more political or something like that. But I can identify with him in this respect. I find that it helps you listen more accurately to the music and not the stigma attached to it.
I like it like this, keeps it exciting and new all the time.

278d7e64a374de26f==