PDA

View Full Version : rhythm technologies - slowdiving

rhythmtech
17-07-2007, 03:33 PM
an experiment with a shepard tone..

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-slowdiving.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-slowdiving.mp3)

BloodStar
17-07-2007, 05:31 PM
nice groovy track, man. i am liking the synth. bass is nice, but i think you can get more from it. maybe more changes as the track goes could send the track to new directions...production sounds good. i would try to make bit more space for kick, eqwise. and also the hats could be brighter. other than i like it,.

loopdon
17-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Aah, yes. Constant quality here. Very functional stuff here that has this certain 'record' sound again.

Maybe the rides are a little to disted and i would say the entire tune is a little too hot but that should be easy to fix.

The slight pitch-bends on the rides are something i need to get used to, though, i reckon :)

acidguru
20-07-2007, 12:27 PM
After listening to your latest tracks,this oneĀ“s best for me,cool tune!!

rhythmtech
20-07-2007, 01:15 PM
cheers guys..

didnt think this would really be so well received as it was really only an experiment with the synth..

i'll do a bit more work on it and re-post soon.

stjohn
20-07-2007, 01:27 PM
how did u do the shepard-risset tone? sounds cool... i did a track with one too ages, not techno tho.

tune is deadly too..nice and driving..
some elements, maybe the master, sound a bit over compressed.
cool stuff!

CRASH!

rhythmtech
20-07-2007, 01:34 PM
used the shepard tone generator in the pluggo suite

CRASH CRASH

thomas_figo
27-07-2007, 12:08 AM
amazing track dude

dirty_bass
27-07-2007, 04:59 AM
I like everything but the risset tone, which I think is a very caned to death trick (of which I have contributed to admittedly)
The backing behind this is a good bit of banging cheese that unfortunately people seem to be affraid of making these days.
I reckon it would work very nicely on the dancefloor, especially if you replaced the risset with something more interesting and tastefully cheesy, it would be a good bit of commercial techno.

Can`t comment on production effectively as I`m listening on the worlds worst speakers, but it sounds a little too squashed.

Slink
27-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm loving this tune, reckon it would work exceptionally well at an outdoor party in the morning.

I think the shepard risset tone is great, but i'm a total cheeser...

would it be okay to play it out this weekend?

rhythmtech
27-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm loving this tune, reckon it would work exceptionally well at an outdoor party in the morning.

I think the shepard risset tone is great, but i'm a total cheeser...

would it be okay to play it out this weekend?

yeah no problems dude.. just make sure and report back how it sounded and what reaction was like to it :)

Slink
27-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Of course mate, no probs - my set is between 4 - 6.30 am Sunday morning so I thought it would slot in nicely around that time - will let ya know!

278d7e64a374de26f==