PDA

View Full Version : Whats Happening ?

module
25-02-2008, 10:50 AM
yes, abe duque was on the ball.. what has happened ?

i dont do the forums as much as i used to (almost not at all, jus to link mixes & gigs) and there seems to be endless discussion about topics that are 100% objective.. ppl seem bound by their desire to right others & bitch about music & scenes they simply do not have to be a part of..

schranz bashing has long been replaced by mnml bashing, and an endless string of peoples moaning that (insert popular techno producer) has 'gone mnml'

before anyone takes a chip on, this is NOT solely based on BOA.. if anything, its lesser in the league of pointless arguments..

but there seems to be an evergrowing culture of pointless argumentative forum masses that really, at the end of the day, serve no purpose at all..

techno is dead, vinyl is knackered, MP3 is sh*t, everyone has gone mnml, schranz is for idiots... it all seems to be the same old same old recycled crap that was pretty dull first time round...

having a 6 week old son extrememly ill in hospital has maybe given me a new perspective & made me look at a lot of things in different ways, but really.. what happened ?

there are positive aspects.. the great feedback recieved for The 4th Loop demos has been wonderful, and steve & myself are very greatful, but on one forum, there was someone bitching about the use of the word 'hard' in the description.. i pm'd the guy & asked had he even listened.. no reply.. this, to me, sums up this 'cyber reality' crap in a nutshell.. anonimity & name calling is part & parcel of the web gig, but in seems to be makin up the majority rather than staying a small (minded) minority..

i totally believe there are still many great ppls makin up the techno community (be they mnml, funky, schranz or whatever the f*ck they feel like labelling themselves) and that the majority of ppl are there for ther right reasons, but jesus... the forums are awash with opinionated crap more than i ever remember...

i know.. i used to be one of the most ott vocal objecters.. but the time & effort spent ranting crap has been replaced by a fuller more useful life.. i still make the loops, cut the trax & bang the mixes, but i dont feel the need to waste my time lookin down my nose at someone else production technique or explaining why mnml is so crap or jus being plain ignorant because i have a few years more experience of the techno world and that, therefore, makes me better than others..

anyone else feelin this ?

RDR
25-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Sorry to hear about your son man, I hope he's ok now..! :smile:

In response - thats the internet man, and thats how it is. I understand your frustration but you need to grow a thicker skin i suppose.

:yup:

MITA
25-02-2008, 12:47 PM
life goes on

TechMouse
25-02-2008, 01:33 PM
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/9964/xkcdwrongoninternetue2.jpg

Si the Sigh
25-02-2008, 01:58 PM
ah ha ha! :)

module
25-02-2008, 02:30 PM
In response - thats the internet man, and thats how it is. I understand your frustration but you need to grow a thicker skin i suppose.

:yup:

my skin is as thick as it comes mate.. battle scarred & cut up da f*k :D

s'not a complaint.. more an observation.. of which i'm curious to see others opinions..

and thanks for your words man.. the boy is comin along nicely :)

...Dave...
25-02-2008, 04:38 PM
hope you son gets well soon.

isn't bitching about people bitching pretty ironic though:lol:

The Overfiend
25-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I hope your son gets better man.
I think people are venting on the internet instead of venting in different manners.
All art is objective.
I am also starting to realize the people with the least amount of ability are the ones who do the most bitchin'

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2348/2288070424_a0b303ef64.jpg

This is why I have focused most energy to shuttin the eff up and painting again. Music is still my passion, but talking about it isn't

fatcollective
25-02-2008, 04:49 PM
yeh your right too many whingers arguing about crap! same old thing time and time again! some of it is worth the debate, i just get lost sometimes when someone writes a whole essay about their opinion...gets boring to be honest!

Darkmode
26-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I can see where you are coming from module as it's a waste of time & enegry to bitch & moan about other artists & music if anything it is a form of negativity & comes back to people in full circle. I believe in karma what goes around comes around! I avoid having an online arguments on a forum or slag off other artists on forums as it's childish & pointless!

module
26-02-2008, 09:41 AM
i dont think i'm 'right' i jus have a new reformed opinion.. it seems very hard to voice opinions in the minority without gettin slated for it by 'the clique' of whatever board..

i recently seen a guy banned from a forum for posting his thoughts on Francois K... he said he didnt think he was all that... banned by the mods ten minutes later..

i guess it jus depends how much energy your willin to depart into online debating/arguing..

i'll prob get slayed for my opinion on GJ in the thread in this forum, but hey.. opinions are like ars&holes innit... everybody loves their own but wants nothing to do with anyone elses ;)

module
26-02-2008, 09:44 AM
blatant slaggin is jus idiotic.. but it seems hard to even have a differeing opinion.. i'm also the first to admit i used to be such the devils avocado, but even when i tried to be as objective as possible, i still got burned for saying i didnt like so & so, or that blah blah records #18 was lacking in energy..

but.. this will prob do me for another few months.. have plenty to be at.. baby boy & a new live/dj project with a pal whos jus brought a TR909 into the set up...

so.. back to the world of baby poops & kickin loops :)

TechMouse
26-02-2008, 10:11 AM
i recently seen a guy banned from a forum for posting his thoughts on Francois K... he said he didnt think he was all that... banned by the mods ten minutes later..
That sounds pretty harsh.

eyeswithoutaface
26-02-2008, 10:43 AM
i wouldnt let it bother me to be honest

it's the same classic cycle of right and wrong that we find in daily life, in the workplace, on the bus, in tesco's etc etc but with just words on a screen. It is usually the people who dont have a productive input into a scene who do the most talking down. If people thing's are that bad, then they should have a pop at it themselves, they'l realise how hard it can be at times.

so yeah, i wouldnt particulary let it get under my skin too much

module
26-02-2008, 04:11 PM
who says its under my skin ?

its jus an observation scott.. had you read the whole thread that would be obvious...

but, this in itself kinda confirms my point.

anyways..

The Overfiend
26-02-2008, 04:58 PM
i dont think i'm 'right' i jus have a new reformed opinion.. it seems very hard to voice opinions in the minority without gettin slated for it by 'the clique' of whatever board..

i guess it jus depends how much energy your willin to depart into online debating/arguing..

i'll prob get slayed for my opinion on GJ in the thread in this forum, but hey.. opinions are like ars&holes innit... everybody loves their own but wants nothing to do with anyone elses ;)

How could you say that?!?!
GJ is one of the most innovative and original producers there are!
He is like a breath of fresh air.
I would have never ever thought to sample hip hop and combine it with techno!
That's revolutionary!
Lol.

force
26-02-2008, 05:24 PM
That's revolutionary!
Lol.

I never realized Gunjack was really 'Vanilla Ice'!!!!!!!

WTF?

http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00271/03/33/271583330_l.jpg

eyeswithoutaface
26-02-2008, 05:52 PM
who says its under my skin ?

its jus an observation scott.. had you read the whole thread that would be obvious...

but, this in itself kinda confirms my point.

anyways..

eh???? it's quite clearly something that is bothering you, or you wouldnt of posted a whole new thread about it, a quite detailed one at that. "under your skin" is just a saying mate, jeez

of course i read the whole thread

if anything it backs up your point, your the kind of guy that does their own thing and just gets on with it, which was an undercurrent of my post, obviously i thought, apparently not

module
26-02-2008, 06:58 PM
mmm.. i think some wires have been well crossed here lol

as i may (or may not) have mentioned, my lil boy is very ill in hospital, and in truth, the few posts ive made are an attempt to put my mind elsewhere.. we get on so i dont think theres any bad feeling or animosity (sp?) here, jus confusion...

but yeah.. some brutal forums out there with some very beefy opinions :)

module
26-02-2008, 07:00 PM
How could you say that?!?!
GJ is one of the most innovative and original producers there are!
He is like a breath of fresh air.
That's revolutionary!
Lol.

honest to god, i have no idea if/when/how that is serious/taking the piss lol

The Overfiend
26-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm taking the piss all over it. lol

module
26-02-2008, 07:50 PM
good stuff T... i'm bit out the loop, and my mind is with ma boy (cheers for your support btw brother) so i aint the sharpest tool in the box right here lol

clubsynthetic
28-02-2008, 03:56 PM
People bitch about things when they are bored, its the norm, we are human. One must just keep his eye on the job of rising above it... thats what makes the difference.

278d7e64a374de26f==