PDA

View Full Version : Mark Ankh Beatport top 10 trax for March 08

SoundEvolution
10-03-2008, 01:09 PM
link

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/chart/detail/6401/mark_ankhs_top_10_techno_tracks_for_march_08

eyeswithoutaface
10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
my day is now complete for i have seen Mark Ankh's rather biased March top ten techno tracks

massplanck
13-03-2008, 04:58 PM
my day is now complete for i have seen Mark Ankh's rather biased March top ten techno tracks

:laughing:

I hate this bullshit. Definetly not going to listen to his tracks now.

eyeswithoutaface
13-03-2008, 05:32 PM
bingo

no modesty left in techno these days

rhythmtech
13-03-2008, 07:29 PM
ah give the lad a break..

you gotta do whatever it takes to sell records/downloads these days.

look at APaul - that guys whores his naked lunch label.. no one complains (although it is quite sublime!!!)

eyeswithoutaface
13-03-2008, 07:58 PM
haha i'd rather just not sell records. And it's only banter, he's probably a lovely chap, just a bit too fond of his own releases maybe.

i dont even know what Naked Lunch is, i know Apaul though

rhythmtech
13-03-2008, 08:10 PM
you should check out naked lunch.. probably one of the most underrated labels around.

stuff by the advent, submerge 101, apaul himself.

just good solid techno

eyeswithoutaface
13-03-2008, 08:13 PM
i think i may have some incidently, i've got a few apaul records here that a mate sent over in a package last year, never even looked at them for some reason.

Darkmode
14-03-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't see any problem with it if he wants to push his own releases in his top 10 then why not I don't understand why people have to slate him for it fair play to him if he wants to promote them

RDR
14-03-2008, 11:11 AM
haha i'd rather just not sell records. And it's only banter, he's probably a lovely chap, just a bit too fond of his own releases maybe.

i dont even know what Naked Lunch is, i know Apaul though

Good lad is Apaul, he charted 2 of our releases in Feb bless him and i had the chance to speak to him on the phone, seemed like anice fella.

I do enjoy selling rekkids ;)

eyeswithoutaface
14-03-2008, 11:30 AM
chill out girls were just ribbing him, if you cant at least see the funny side to it then you need a sense of humour transplant

i do enjoy selling records myself Chris, luckily i dont need to chart ten of my own to do so hehe

A.P.
14-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Go on Mark Ankh!
Love the tracks mate.

RDR
14-03-2008, 12:32 PM
chill out girls were just ribbing him, if you cant at least see the funny side to it then you need a sense of humour transplant

i do enjoy selling records myself Chris, luckily i dont need to chart ten of my own to do so hehe

yes it is a bit self-incestuous isnt it. And hardly genuine... not very likely to make extra sales. But people do what they do eh!

SoundEvolution
14-03-2008, 01:31 PM
wow what a response of this topic..
did i ever ask anyone to listen, comment or buy my releases?
belive me, i dont need any charts and forums to sell my records/mp3s, each release has 500 vinyl sales and 200-300 mp3s in around 5-6 months, so..beatport asked me to do charts..
chart has 7 of my own trax & remixes, 1 from Reaky, 1 from Peppelino and 1 remix from Dave the Drummer and thats cos i play in my sets 90% of my own trax, its just a few artists that have style that i play, i know what im doing and where im going so..sorry that i didnt include one of your trax..

from now on, i will never again put any posts here so you can relax and be happy!

over & out,

mark

rhythmtech
14-03-2008, 01:39 PM
belive me, i dont need any charts and forums to sell my records/mp3s, each release has 500 vinyl sales and 200-300 mp3s in around 5-6 months, so..beatport asked me to do charts..
chart has 7 of my own trax & remixes, 1 from Reaky, 1 from Peppelino and 1 remix from Dave the Drummer and thats cos i play in my sets 90% of my own trax, its just a few artists that have style that i play, i know what im doing and where im going so..sorry that i didnt include one of your trax..

from now on, i will never again put any posts here so you can relax and be happy!

over & out,

mark

i wouldnt sweat it mark. most of us know exactly what it takes to sell records these days - promotion promotion promotion.

hell ive had my own charts on trackitdown with at least 5 of my trax in them.

just keep doin what you want. its not really important what anyone else thinks anyway.

RDR
14-03-2008, 02:21 PM

over & out,

mark

Ah cmon, dont be so mardy mark, take it in the spirit mate. i know where your coming from i honestly do! but ya gotta admit that charting your own music isnt exactly earth shattering ;)

:wink:

massplanck
14-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I dunno. Charting five or seven of your own tracks\releases in a top ten is a bit disingenous. If makes a complete mockery of the concept of 'charts'. Do people really think their music is that great that is better than every other release out there at the moment? And If you are having no difficulty selling 500 vinyls & 300 tracks online then why not give someone else a break in your charts? Ever felt good when someone else charted your music? Dont feel the need to spread the love?

Nothing wrong with a couple of your own releases thrown in the middle sure. But it should be about the music not just shifting units. If the tunes are good enough they'll sell.

Just my 2cents.

RDR
14-03-2008, 02:24 PM
i wouldnt sweat it mark. most of us know exactly what it takes to sell records these days - promotion promotion promotion.

hell ive had my own charts on trackitdown with at least 5 of my trax in them.

just keep doin what you want. its not really important what anyone else thinks anyway.

aye...:wink:

RDR
14-03-2008, 02:25 PM
If the tunes are good enough they'll sell.

I really wish that was the case bud, honestly i do.

massplanck
14-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I really wish that was the case bud, honestly i do.

It is the case. Kind of. ;)

RDR
14-03-2008, 02:54 PM
It is the case. Kind of. ;)

of course, there's always room for good music but its a hell of a battle getting your self heard. Mark is doing just that so top marks (no pun intended) to him. He's not the frist and wont be the last.

Im gonna go off and listen to this chart, if i like his music, i'll buy it.

massplanck
14-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Im gonna go off and listen to this chart, if i like his music, i'll buy it.

If everybody charted their own music all of the time. Then nobody would ever chart yours. Just something to bear in mind. :)

RDR
14-03-2008, 03:25 PM
If everybody charted their own music all of the time. Then nobody would ever chart yours. Just something to bear in mind. :)

Dont i know it. :lol:

rhythmtech
14-03-2008, 03:50 PM

well there goes my top of the pops gig.. all cause pat sharp will only chart his own mullet

come on MP.. in the grand scheme of things does it really matter what mark charts? whether it be his own tracks or billy bollix' tracks.. afterall it is only a beatport chart and its a little bit of promotion..

and, in fairness, mark does play a perticular style thats nearly unique to him.. ok he does play drummer stuff and other stuff. but like he said, 90% of his sets are his own tracks.. so why wouldnt he chart them?

top 10s arent a great big cock rubbing reach around to give props.. they're what you're listening to/playing at the time.

what if, for instance, my favourite 10 tracks at the moment were on ..say mastertraxx.. if i charted 10 mastertraxx releases and nothing else would my chart then be invalid?

its all about personal taste really

blah blah blah blah and so on till my fingers are too sore to type :hissyfit:

eyeswithoutaface
14-03-2008, 07:57 PM

over & out,

mark

http://images.inmagine.com/img/ingram/inglibrary/ingl1028.jpg

i think this is yours Mark

best reply on Blackout Audio ever, definately

278d7e64a374de26f==