PDA

View Full Version : my own stuff...

VOMATRON
30-03-2004, 12:24 PM
hi everryone :)

i created(and completed) a lot of new tunes this last 1/2 year, up til now, and i finally found a great stabile place to upload, i can really recommend it to everyone, the upload space there has no real limitation. its called www.archive.org for those who dont know it , all kinds of things cand be found and submitted there, its kinda like an online history book

my songs can be found here:

http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-searchresults.php?searchAll=yes&collection=&submit =main&search=vomatron&limit=100&start=0

gotta warn though.... waht youll find here isnt hard techno. but that doesnt really matter i guess, people here like diffrent things i noticed, so if youre openminded and want to check out a wide area of styles ive been moving around in and maybe somewhat want to give some feedback, id really appreciate it. used a lot of time on this stuff...

-voma

dan the acid man
31-03-2004, 12:31 AM
i'll have a listen tommorrow when i get the time

dan the acid man
31-03-2004, 09:06 AM
likeing xxx'd, kind of an 80's feeling in it, i'll try the others later when iv'e got the time

dirty_bass
31-03-2004, 03:12 PM
XXX`d is nice. Would go down will with the prog crowd. nice clean production.
Actually on a second listen, I like this even more. It get`s quite intense at 4:30. This is very slick matey :clap:

I like some of the elements from on the binge, but I think for this kind of electrobeat it is too fast. I like the ambient metallic stuff too. But it sounds a little flat, needs some re-eqing to make it sparkle. Bottom end could do with a boost.

I couldn`t find the audio files for the rest?

VOMATRON
31-03-2004, 10:44 PM
thanks a lot :) great getting some feedback on it from outside the friendcircle, where most arent that much into electronic music. the on the bringe track i agree is a bit flat sounding yeah, id say its the least well done of the ones i posted, but it has to do with that i didnt want it to sound too clear. ill take it up again some time and polish it a bit up

weird about the other tracks, cause some people who download it can hear it right away. but i think it has somethign to do with me erasing the .mp3 extension before uploading it, so if you put the extension back it should work. still strange though why some didnt need to do this(maybe they lied? :evil: )

again, thanks :)

dirty_bass
01-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Please post more when you have it, it`s really nice to hear some stuff that is a little more off kilter, and doesn`t go down the "the harder the better" route. I`m liking what I have heard from you so far.

VOMATRON
01-04-2004, 10:55 AM
sure thing :)
i have a lot of unfinished things, all made in reason, but im planning on switching gradually, i think to buzz. been playing around with it a bit, it seems really good,flexible...just the tracker business im not much for, id prefer a sequencer, but maybe theres a plug of some kind for it. but before givin up totally on it, ill finish of more of my half-dones. i got 2 tracks ready soon, which are more acid techno inspired(though they might qualify as hardhouse for some people here on this forum :P )

did you get the others working? i had some troubles myself yesterday when trying to download, but today it worked

mux
02-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Heya,

I've had "80 Variations Lower" in my playlist for the past few days - but that's the only one I grabbed. More on that in a sec.

I like this track - feels very "classic techno", the kind of thing you could easily mistake for 808 State or Emperion stuff. Downtempo and chill - I get a definite vibe of "the movie we just watched was a suspenseful techno-thriller with a surprise ending that nobody saw coming... the camera pans waaaaaaay back, fade to black, the credits start to roll, and this song plays". I have nothing bad to say 'bout it. Great mix, everything fits together really well. Not my usual style of hard banging stuff, but it's definitely not getting deleted.

Now - OTOH, I'd love to hear more of your stuff, but your choice of hosting is terrible. No offense intended, but I'm not interested in working to figure out their interface, nor am I interested in downloading zipfiles... I'm not sure if some Windows or Mac players handle zipped mp3's transparently, but Linux sure doesn't - adding an extra step between the downloading and listening to your tracks prevented me from grabbing them. I think you'd have a lot more downloads if you put links to directly download each track (as mp3, not zip) right in your post, using the [ url ] / [ /url ] tags. Sorry if that comes across like a jerk, but that's my honest opinion.

VOMATRON
02-04-2004, 10:46 PM
thanks, that was a nice description of it, i mglad it put up some pictures in your head. i didnt mean it at first to sound that way"epic"(it was actually 2 diffrent songs i worked on for some time which i put together and finally merged), but it made it there eventually. stil think its the thing i got best through of all my stuff, and many seem to agree so i guess i hit a spot somewhere, its nice to know :)

about the zip files & bad hosting in general: 80 variations was the first i posted on archive, and i see know that all the others i uploaded after has been a bit messy. its not anything that would prevent me from downloading if others have done the same, but i can see with you using linux and all its not that great. i honestly dont know what i did wrong, i had no intention of putting it up as zip files at all, i got no idea how they ended that way, and ill find a solution for it, even if it means uploading again. but its not really the host thats bad, its me thats done something wrong. i think its a far better site than mp3.com and all that shite where you have to fill out this and that form to get in and etc, etc. and where its full of crappy ads and stuff

but thanks for taking time listening to it, its good to get it out the system and for differnt people to hear

have a nice weekend :)

278d7e64a374de26f==