PDA

View Full Version : Jacking groove

The Divide
12-04-2004, 10:47 PM
A dirty groove I made today. Needs sequencing into a propper track. Do you think the lows are ok? I havnt tried to sit a bass, just eqed bass into some low dirty sounds I used.

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/2602.mp3

Ta

dan the acid man
12-04-2004, 11:50 PM
im liking this, i really like the sample in this one, im not too sure about the low end, it doesnt seem to sit well for me

The Divide
13-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Perhaps theres room for a sub bass or something. I do have a bass heavy setup so the monitors tend to lie :doh:

The Divide
14-04-2004, 04:38 PM
http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/2604.mp3

Worked on this again, like to know what you think.

dirty_bass
14-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Wow, cheers for the CD F. It`s damn sexy!!!

dan the acid man
15-04-2004, 11:37 AM
i have to say thats sounding alot better, nice one again, really liking those off beat distorted claps (or whatever they are)

Chris Hare
15-04-2004, 04:55 PM
thats ****ing awesome man.. the detuned arp snth pattern think is twisted and the cruchyness of those clapy noise nits is lush ... more please!! ;)

Methodixxx
16-04-2004, 07:15 AM
Don't think I need to say anything here Fern boy.... fooookin' sooooolid! But damn funkin' at the same time.. and that synth section (the detuned (?) fm-y warped upping of the intensity) just goes so ****ed up before coming back to the groove! I rate this one mighty highly! :clap: I just wish it was longer than the 4:40 so I had a nice long mix out (heehee, cheeky) but I know your finished product will anyways ;)

The Divide
19-04-2004, 12:36 AM
I deleted it :doh: :doh: :doh:

I couldnt get the mix to work, gave up in the end. :lol: Oh well

Col
20-04-2004, 09:56 AM
danny you fu*king idiot. this was argubaly the best piece of work ive heard from you. a real masterpiece.

you shouldnt have gave up so easily. saying that, i bet you spent endless amounts of time trying to get it right. didnt you?

The Divide
20-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Oi who the **** you calling an idiot? You finished a track yet col? :lol: :doh:

When the ingredients aren’t right then there’s no point trying to make a casserole. :doh:

Well something like that

Hey I got the files, mite come back to it another time ya tosspot

The Divide
20-04-2004, 10:46 AM
It was the kick+bass and synth combination. I had the kick compressed with the bass and synth sidechained. I couldnt get the balance right. I think I can make it sit better if I start again with a better kick and new sub bass. Those ones wernt right, I was at a dead end. Nothing worse that spending hours and days trying to make things work when the mix is not right. Are you on broadband now mate?

Col
20-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Oi who the **** you calling an idiot? You finished a track yet col? :lol: :doh:

When the ingredients aren’t right then there’s no point trying to make a casserole. :doh:

Well something like that

Hey I got the files, mite come back to it another time ya tosspot

you just do that ya cunt.

Col
20-04-2004, 10:58 AM
It was the kick+bass and synth combination. I had the kick compressed with the bass and synth sidechained. I couldnt get the balance right. I think I can make it sit better if I start again with a better kick and new sub bass. Those ones wernt right, I was at a dead end. Nothing worse that spending hours and days trying to make things work when the mix is not right. Are you on broadband now mate?

hahaha. im at jobsearch right now. i have to come to east leeds family learning centre once a week. its all part of my contract. they have broadband, which explains the feedback given in this section of the forum.

The Divide
20-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Hahahaha

278d7e64a374de26f==