PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!

Yoshimitsu
17-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Im after gettin a quality mixer and was thinkin about maybe a pioneer or allen & heath? Any recommendations?

Barely Human
17-04-2004, 02:17 PM
http://www.turntablelab.com/mixers/pics1/ecler-hak360-cu.jpg

Quality at its finest!

EmotionComplex
17-04-2004, 03:25 PM
ive had the djm500 for about 3 years and it still like brand new and it has been used loads, all original faders and knobs and nothing is crackling and the crossfader still works perfectly so i can reccomend that :)

Smak
17-04-2004, 07:38 PM
any of the allen & heaths xone mixers, which ever suits your budget

TripleX
17-04-2004, 08:43 PM
i have an pioneer djm-600, it´s quite ok, but it´´s not solid, I alrerady ripped one line fader out,
if you mix a lot i´d say allen&heath

Yoshimitsu
17-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Cheers 4 your help ppl at the moment it looks like im swaying towards an allen & heath :cool:

Smak
18-04-2004, 02:02 AM
ive used the xone 32 alot and its a shit hot bedroom mixer (and club mixer for that matter), sweet filter, great sound qaulity and awesome build qaulity, personaly i own a 92 and this mixer rocks (despite the price tag), the dual filters and midi control combined with ableton live open up a lot of possibilities. with regards to the 62, yes this a great mixer but there is a few minor glithces like no headphone fade, no lfo.... if your going for a bedroom mixer go for the 32 (want effects get a efx500 or ableton live), if your got the $ go for the 92. dont get me wrong i love the djm600, really easy to use and no matter what anybody says about the effect qaulity there still sweet, its just i feel the xone mixers are more solid and responsive. not keen on the tascam x9, great effects but u get that digital feel/sound and then theres the delay when adjusting the eq, grrrrrr. the new denon mixer that looks simliar to the djm600 looks interesting, i cant comment on its performance but have heard it suffers with simliar probs with the eq as the x9 so.... whats everyone else think?

DJCraig Ryan
18-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Out of curiousity, what are you using at the moment Josh?

I've got a DJM600 and would recommend it to anybody, really solid Mixer with your effects and sampler and quality EQ's.
The other choices are obviously Allen & Heath, but i would also check out the Vestax series.

Tristan
18-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Allen & Heath ;)

Yoshimitsu
18-04-2004, 01:27 PM

I've got a DJM600 and would recommend it to anybody, really solid Mixer with your effects and sampler and quality EQ's.
The other choices are obviously Allen & Heath, but i would also check out the Vestax series.

At the moment im just using a shitty citronic msx-2 which has been ok except 2 X-faders have gone on me and now one channel only comes out the left side :doh:

DJCraig Ryan
18-04-2004, 01:55 PM

At the moment im just using a shitty citronic msx-2 which has been ok except 2 X-faders have gone on me and now one channel only comes out the left side :doh:

What decks you using mate?

Yoshimitsu
18-04-2004, 02:08 PM

What decks you using mate?

1210 mk3's so at least i got some quality there :lol:

Yoshimitsu
19-04-2004, 01:29 PM
right it looks like im gonna go 4 the allen & heath xone 62 at the mo any criticisms of it before i go ahead and buy? :eh:

lukekendall
19-04-2004, 04:50 PM
right it looks like im gonna go 4 the allen & heath xone 62 at the mo any criticisms of it before i go ahead and buy? :eh:

is this the one thats around the £550 mark?? just i think the only problem this mixer has is that the gain knobs on each channel are were all the output and input leads go at the back so you cant see what your doing?!?! :doh:

you can always use the channel volumes but i prefer using the knobs i think its easyier. appart from that its a good mixer. if it is the one im thinking off :neutral:

Yoshimitsu
19-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Na m8 its the one around the £700 mark and the gain nobs are on the top thank **** it would do me head in on the back :doh:

lukekendall
20-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Na m8 its the one around the £700 mark and the gain nobs are on the top thank **** it would do me head in on the back :doh:

yeah man that mixer is sweet!!! :cool:

i dont know why they put the faders on the back on the other model :doh:

Yoshimitsu
20-04-2004, 11:27 AM

Innit how the fcuk would you sort that out in a club :shock:

Ordered the xone 62 yesterday :love:

lukekendall
20-04-2004, 12:21 PM

Innit how the fcuk would you sort that out in a club :shock:

Ordered the xone 62 yesterday :love:

nice one!!! :love: :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==