PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to get rushy string sounds?

djTequila
19-04-2004, 02:18 PM
The kind of buzzy, fizzy sound that envelops you and pulls you along with the track...

The first track that pops into my head as an example is Agnelli & Nelson - Embrace. But it's been done better since then.

I'm thinking several layers of saw pads and a good reverb, but if anyone's created this effect and has a few pointers, I'd be very grateful!

:)

T

aponaut
19-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Not sure if this is the kind you're looking for becuase I'm not familiar with the track you mentioned, but here's a tutorial about how to create JP-8000 style strings with the Prophet 53. You can apply it to other synths as well once you've done it on the Prophet (I've since recreated it on my Virus B with better results than the Prophet).
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/stateofmatter/tutorial_index.html

djTequila
19-04-2004, 03:45 PM
That looks very good...

Looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks!

:D

djTequila
22-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Heh, now I remember why I don't like Pro 53. The 'fizz' is basically white noise and putting it into unison mode kills the polyphony. So to make a chord I need several instances... Irritating!

I've heard the V Station does a good rendition. Does anyone else have a favourite way of getting that Rank 1 sound?

aponaut
22-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Heh, now I remember why I don't like Pro 53. The 'fizz' is basically white noise and putting it into unison mode kills the polyphony. So to make a chord I need several instances... Irritating!

I've heard the V Station does a good rendition. Does anyone else have a favourite way of getting that Rank 1 sound?
yeah i found the same thing, that's why I re-created it on my virus. turned out much bigger and crisper. As an alternative, try the RGC Audio z3ta (http://www.rgcaudio.com/z3ta+.htm). Gives you 6 oscillators and a bunch of different waveforms (including a multi-saw for fatness). I've gotten some good results from it as well, but it's a bit heavier on your CPU than the Pro53.

EmotionComplex
22-04-2004, 07:57 PM
i love the virus for rich strings and pads :love:

Jay M
22-04-2004, 08:28 PM
here here :clap:

aponaut
22-04-2004, 08:49 PM
that machine can do anything! from the darkest dirtiest sounds to the nicest cleanest leads... :twisted:

EmotionComplex
22-04-2004, 08:58 PM
that machine can do anything! from the darkest dirtiest sounds to the nicest cleanest leads... :twisted:

definetly man, ive been working on some really synthy trance recently and its been responsible for a big proportion of my sounds, a proper versatile workhorse :cool:

EmotionComplex
23-04-2004, 05:14 PM
www.emotioncomplex.co.uk/Emotion_VIRUS1.mp3 :love:

dj vorny
23-04-2004, 07:49 PM
nice one emu sounds well nice :clap: :clap:
also u can check some of the sounds u can do with this mp3 demo http://www.soundwizard.de/Sounds/www.vengeance-sound.de%20-%20Trance%20Source%20X%20-%20Virus%20b%20Soundset%20by%20Manuel%20Schleis.mp 3 ;) blazing set of presets by vengance sounds shows u what the virus can do :twisted:

Daina
23-06-2004, 07:24 PM
U want rushy sounding pads? Get hold of Refis`s "Vanguard". Programmed by the same guy who made the Access Virus. The soundsfrom Vanguard are frankly amazing but to make the pad sound even more like it`s moving with the rest of the song you should set the LFO on the ocsilator producing the most fizzy sound (preferably) to modulate the filter cutoff frequency. Set it fast or slow depending on the tempo of the song but just make sure you get it exactly it time with the beat. Nice!

dirty_bass
24-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah, the vanguard is shit hot. I`ve been using it a lot for fizzy strings, and bass with a lot of movement

skron
30-06-2004, 08:37 PM
nice one emu sounds well nice :clap: :clap:
also u can check some of the sounds u can do with this mp3 demo http://www.soundwizard.de/Sounds/www.vengeance-sound.de%20-%20Trance%20Source%20X%20-%20Virus%20b%20Soundset%20by%20Manuel%20Schleis.mp 3 ;) blazing set of presets by vengance sounds shows u what the virus can do :twisted: :wtf:

RichieV
14-07-2004, 03:18 AM
U want rushy sounding pads? Get hold of Refis`s "Vanguard". Programmed by the same guy who made the Access Virus. The soundsfrom Vanguard are frankly amazing but to make the pad sound even more like it`s moving with the rest of the song you should set the LFO on the ocsilator producing the most fizzy sound (preferably) to modulate the filter cutoff frequency. Set it fast or slow depending on the tempo of the song but just make sure you get it exactly it time with the beat. Nice!

I'm pretty sure that guy did'nt make the virus
Was'nt that Rob Papen ?

EmotionComplex
14-07-2004, 03:46 AM

I'm pretty sure that guy did'nt make the virus
Was'nt that Rob Papen ?

neither , although rob could of possibly wrote some sound banks for the virus the main thing i know him from his designing that albino softsynth

and the vanguard was developed by the refx team.

One thing i dont like about the vanguard is its very thin in sound, kind of metalic, and it sounds very digital to me. you can get some good sounds from it though but i think they work best as secondary layers and subtle parts rather then main elements.

Chazbloke
14-07-2004, 04:21 PM
useful info in that link...cheers :)

Chaz.

278d7e64a374de26f==