PDA

View Full Version : Off Beat Bass

Nomak
27-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Anyone got any tips on creating really driving off beat bass? I want to create this bass on my novation Nova can anybody help? When I try it usually sounds quite weedy compared to basses on records.

DJ Corbzy
27-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Anyone got any tips on creating really driving off beat bass? I want to create this bass on my novation Nova can anybody help? When I try it usually sounds quite weedy compared to basses on records.

It always will mate, the sound of a nicely mixed down vinyl is so hard to accomplish on your pc.

baptismo
29-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Just make sure you use some carefull compression, eq and distortion and mix it well into the track...

FILTERZ
29-04-2004, 11:13 AM
layer a few different basses together till you get something fat or try using the same bass layered but at different octaves.

Chris Hare
30-04-2004, 05:56 PM
layer a few different basses together till you get something fat or try using the same bass layered but at different octaves. with different volocities to shape the tone....

also make sure your envelope is right i e that the shape of the bass is what your after.... Short and snapy or big but with attack.. or what ever your looking for.... Nova`s are cool im sure you can get something nice out of that... jons right too... compression clean distortion and eq are a must... ;)

log:one
30-04-2004, 06:44 PM
id also recommend slapping a waves renaissance bass on there. but go easy on it. and play with it for ages too.

itll take good care of the bottom end of the sound, and you can concentrate on making the mids sound fat.

also, many basses that sound as if they start on the offbeat actually start on the second 16... for example alot of uberdruck b-lines. you can get a really nice groove and achieve some nice kick/bass pressure.

Chris Hare
30-04-2004, 06:48 PM
waves rules... ;) log i love your avatar where did you borrow that costume from again mate?? :lol:

warning...warning... cheap jokes in progress

278d7e64a374de26f==