Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: funky techno???

BOA Lifetime Member

Default funky techno???

No this probably the wrong forum, but what do you guys think to funky techno, I cant say much on it as ive only really heard the freebie fergie cd of mixmag, but a few tunes, I really like ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

uh oh. Erm , funky techno is a VERY subjective term, as everyone has their own idea of funk.
    I wouldn`t really class fergie as funky at all, I think generally he plays the more hard-house, hard-dance, agressive and energetic side of techno.
    But as for what I would call funky techno, I love it. Funky to me is stuff that makes you shake your ass rather than jump up and down. Big B-Lines, loose chunky percussion, maybe a bit of a hip hop vocal.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

yeh, id class Fergie as a HH dj too, but this cd from mixmag is called funky techno mix & TBH im really liking it, track 2 is awesome called *ruckus Juice* by Justin Robertson. Need to obtain some more stuff like this, being not very clued up on the techno side of things, any help appreciated ;)

Junior Freak

haha you've just started a world war 3 thread :lol:
    I hope to you seen in LALAVISH LAND :)

BOA Lifetime Member

eh? how where?? :?:

BOA Lifetime Member

post some links to examples of audio, and peeps may be able to help you.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

hahah funny guy, I can just about work out how to post on here, let alone anything else ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

ok, well I just had a listen to some justin robertson stuff.
    And well, I don`t think many people on this board would consider it to be funky techno really, but hey, thats fergie for you (I`m not dissing the music)

The style would appear to be very much in line with the French electro-house, disco/electro techno sound.

I couldn`t recommend many mixes of this kinda stuff, although chris leibing has been known to go this way sometimes.

Raygun is a record label very much into this vibe, as was some of the Force inc stuff.

erm, some of it I like, it can be light hearted and quite silly sometimes, which can be refreshing what with the current po-faced trend in techno.

Anybody wanna help the girl?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Junior Freak

Default Re: funky techno???

Quote Originally Posted by disco diva
    No this probably the wrong forum, but what do you guys think to funky techno, I cant say much on it as ive only really heard the freebie fergie cd of mixmag, but a few tunes, I really like ;)
    I like going into a shop and asking if they have any "unfunky techno"
    Jesus, what is this world coming 2?

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: funky techno???

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    I like going into a shop and asking if they have any "unfunky techno"
    Jesus, what is this world coming 2?
    :lol: :lol: Just trying to educate myself guys ;) what about Tomaz & Filterheadz & Marco Bailey??

BOA Lifetime Member

Marco bailey can be good, but I think it depends a lot on who he works with. Tomaz and Filterheadz, I`ve heard loads about but never heard any of the stuff.
    I really should cos in the reviews of my progressive stuff, some quotes say "filterheadz style basslines", so I really should check these out.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

I think I know the sort of techno you are after, well kind of (!). I guess a lot of the funky techno you are after can also be labelled as 'clubby' techno these days. Here's a few suggestions then...

Check producers like Phil Kieran, Oxia, Leandro Gamez, Deetron, Samuel L.Session, Joey Beltram, G Flame, Umek, Trevor Rockliffe, Valentino Kanzyani, Ignition Technician, Ben Sims, Renato Cohen, Mr.G, Dave Angel, Jamie Anderson, Devilfish, Stanny Franssen, Thomas Schumacher, Gaetano Parisio, Marco Bailey, Technasia, Bryan Zentz, Danilo Vigorito, Ade Fenton.

Check labels like Intec, Bugged Out, Shine, Tortured, Superbra, Primate, Phont Music, Recycled Loops, Earresistible, Ingoma, STX, Genetic, Noise Music, Rotation, Bush, Terminal M, MB Elektronics etc.

BOA Lifetime Member

Thanx Sunil ;) Really liking the sound of this cd, not bad for a freebie & now I can go looking for others, cheers x

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    I think I know the sort of techno you are after, well kind of (!). I guess a lot of the funky techno you are after can also be labelled as 'clubby' techno these days. Here's a few suggestions then...

Check producers like Phil Kieran, Oxia, Leandro Gamez, Deetron, Samuel L.Session, Joey Beltram, G Flame, Umek, Trevor Rockliffe, Valentino Kanzyani, Ignition Technician, Ben Sims, Renato Cohen, Mr.G, Dave Angel, Jamie Anderson, Devilfish, Stanny Franssen, Thomas Schumacher, Gaetano Parisio, Marco Bailey, Technasia, Bryan Zentz, Danilo Vigorito, Ade Fenton.

Check labels like Intec, Bugged Out, Shine, Tortured, Superbra, Primate, Phont Music, Recycled Loops, Earresistible, Ingoma, STX, Genetic, Noise Music, Rotation, Bush, Terminal M, MB Elektronics etc.
    and Regis.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

This is awful sexist. She should have gotten a bollicking like the last poor chap who asked the same question. ;)
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    This is awful sexist. She should have gotten a bollicking like the last poor chap who asked the same question. ;)
    did he??oohhhh!! well if Marks wants to bollock me, fair enough, was a simple question & I am learning after all ;)

Supreme Freak

I can't believe this. Theres's no such thing as funky techno - by nature techno is blah blaah blahhhh de blah de ballh house music blah de blah debalah. :dontevengothere:

Yep the labels mentioned above are what ya looking for. It sounds just like funky house but with less vocals and breakdowns. thats it.

BOA Lifetime Member

did he??oohhhh!! well if Marks wants to bollock me, fair enough,
    its ok. we have reached zen here lately. Sunil is right on the bollock with those suggestions.

BOA Lifetime Member

ok schlongfingers, so I shant call it funky techno then, no?? god all this genre is confusing me :?:

Supreme Freak

ok schlongfingers, so I shant call it funky techno then, no?? god all this genre is confusing me :?:
    Dont worry I'm only muckin about - call it wot you like!! It's techno at the end of the day. Wouldn't mind seein a tracklist for this Fergie CD, heard a few mins of him on the radio the other week and he played a pretty good track, certainly better than I've heard from him before.

I'm just lamenting the loss of Seb Fontaine from Radio1 but I wont delve deeper into funky house here :D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast