Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Temperature Drop's Mosquito's Tweeters

This has been bothering me for awhile now, so I think I'll vent my frustration here. I first heard this track played by Zebedee, and it sound abolutely amazing. Then I get the Cluster double pack, and that was the first track I played. And almost half way through it, all I get are annoying pops and other crackling noises that cannot be cleaned off no matter how hard I tried. I emailed the guys who I bought the record from, and they said it had something to do with the way they pressed the record, and all the noises are coming from the actually press.

Does anyone elses record do this, or am I the only one who got delt the short end of the stick?
    P E A C E A C I D M A Y H E M

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

even though this is one of my favourite record's of all time, i dont actually own it, that's what i must do this week, hunt the bugger down,

i cant say iv'e ever known it to be particularly bad when iv'e heard it played, it's always sounded ok to me
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    even though this is one of my favourite record's of all time, i dont actually own it, that's what i must do this week, hunt the bugger down,

i cant say iv'e ever known it to be particularly bad when iv'e heard it played, it's always sounded ok to me
    Then I probably got sold the only defective record

Junior Freak

I had the same problem too.

i bought my records from a guy down south here in Brasil..and when I played it these horrible sounds began. I guess you are not the only unlucky one hear. :cry:

I was realy upset due to the fact that I love this track.

Regards,
    TECHNO FOR MATE -SÃO PAULO - BRAZIL

Junior Freak

yeah, this has been mentioned in other forums too. it seems like there were a few batches done, and at least one was ****ed. something has gotten a bit dodgy with the pressings during the past few years

i just got two copies each of Skank 6 and 7, and both skip like mad until you apply heaps of stylus pressure.

Junior Freak

Who does the Cluster pressing, is it Curve Pushers? Cause I thought Lawrie put lots into making top quality records so shit like this doesn't happen. I also noticed that with WAHWAH 002, the volume changes for a second, horrible quality.

I'm HOPING this is just a bump in the road, and it wont be happening again...But I'm just pissed I can't play Mosquito's Tweeters to an audience :cry:

Junior Freak

well, there was a thread here about all the problems we've been having with recent releases, but it never really got any resolution. Lawrie showed up and wrote that the problem would be with the pressing plant, and that was the end of it IIRC. still, i think HE oversees the pressing plant, no? so something will hopefully be done, as none of us enjoy chucking money down a hole.

my copy of Cluster 50 is fine, and i may be selling it off with a bunch of other stuff soon. i'll let you know if i do.

Junior Freak

My Glenn Wilson Nightshift Lp is like that too, popping all over the place, so is some of the Toneman tunes. Just unlucky I take it.
    If you have no time to sell your records online - I offer a service to list them on my shop at - http://www.discogs.com/user/Djdtl

Ultimate Freak

my copys fine

Junior Freak

my copy of this is fine but i have other records with this problem.

sucks when you buy something, wait a week for it to get halfway round the world to ya and then find out you cant ****in play it.
    Viva La Funky Shitttt!!!!

djmaya@xtra.co.nz

Junior Freak

i was about to order this the other day actually..who could you ask about these diffent copys? sned them a mail at curvepusher? i mean could it be that there was a repress that was ok, or was it just in some bundles or so that it went wrong?
    i got not much of a clue about how this pressing process is, how many at the time etc.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by VOMIT BOY
    i was about to order this the other day actually..who could you ask about these diffent copys? sned them a mail at curvepusher? i mean could it be that there was a repress that was ok, or was it just in some bundles or so that it went wrong?
    i got not much of a clue about how this pressing process is, how many at the time etc.
    If you're going to order a copy, post here what website you're gonna buy it from, cause I want to get a new copy myself... It's cool that alot of your copies work, but for christ sake, I really want to play this record!

the big pork pie

Nothing wrong with my copy of Cluster 50...

Awesome tune by the way! :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

Nought wrong with my copy either.

unlucky punk! :lol:

Supreme Freak

mines fine to... it was the NEXT batch of pressings that are fuk't - i remember loads of people wing"in" on BT.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBastard
    Quote Originally Posted by VOMIT BOY
    If you're going to order a copy, post here what website you're gonna buy it from, cause I want to get a new copy myself... It's cool that alot of your copies work, but for christ sake, I really want to play this record!
    DJNeeds had a copy else set up an alert on gemm.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dtl
    My Glenn Wilson Nightshift Lp is like that too, popping all over the place, so is some of the Toneman tunes. Just unlucky I take it.
    The second copy of this release i picked up had the pops and crackles over some tracks...

Not good...
    Numeric