Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default What`s inspiring you right now?

What`s giving you inspiration at the moment(musically)?
    I`m talking any genre.
    And Why?

At the mo, I`m listening to

Fratres and Tabula Rasa, by Arvo Part. for his minimal, yet musically complex composition.

Lots of Steve Stoll, for his excellent and experimental production and his use of polyrhythms

Lots of Kodo (japanese Taiko) , for their complex and monumental pounding drums.

Clock DVA, the Hacker, and sound mirror, for the total digital feel, and for the beats.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

am really liking producers who are fusing electro with techno. I really like digital beats in techno at the minute. If people like david carreta. In fact if anyone can recomend me some stuff like this would be most greatfull

Administrator

who inspiring me?

hmmm...

hard techno wise. it's patrik skoog all the way. i'm just in awe of his sound. every single damn thing i just can't believe how good his sound is. even after all these years.

style wise? alot of droney electronic music is featuring heavily in my car playlist as well as some great albums i've aquired recently such as the oliver ho 'soft machine' album and miss kittens recent beast :)

ppl wise? everyone on this board. it's incredible how much you can get influenced by what you read eh??!

Junior Freak

been listening to a lot of older italo disco..not the too cheesy stuff..more the darker things..getting into a lot of old house that i didnt like just a year ago(one thing leads to another i guess)

also been gettin into some neo-folk and 80's gothic/deathrock w/e things and have also dusted off some of my old metal records :)

Junior Freak

@tiptoe: try getting some kiko stuff...dunno if you know it, you probably do, but especially wonderman ep, and the remix of david carreta inside out on hot banana

Junior Freak

hmmm Basement Jaxx work is got me at the moment. massive work!

got some remixes recently of Plug it in and Rende vu and they rock.

People inspire me all the time. they make me laugh and cry, they make me sick and they motivate me.
    especially groups of people coming together.
    Viva La Funky Shitttt!!!!

djmaya@xtra.co.nz

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJMAYA
    hmmm Basement Jaxx work is got me at the moment. massive work!

got some remixes recently of Plug it in and Rende vu and they rock.

People inspire me all the time. they make me laugh and cry, they make me sick and they motivate me.
    especially groups of people coming together.
    Yeah I love Basement Jaxx man, Kish Kash is a quality album.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by VOMATRON
    @tiptoe: try getting some kiko stuff...dunno if you know it, you probably do, but especially wonderman ep, and the remix of david carreta inside out on hot banana
    no but am going to check out cheers.
    Also like amrk says pat skoog is one of the better producers out there. really tuff beats and made so well.
    Also think James Ruskin, Paul Damage/bailey will be pushing boundries this year too.
    Dirty you too seem to be knocking out some cool stuff and have some good ideas. (Tiptoe wipes his brown nose :lol: )

BOA Lifetime Member

Technowise I'd say producers like Pat Skoog, Damon Vallero, Schall & Rauch, Westwood Bros. and Kay D Smith are inspiring me!

Inspiring me to buy techno! :clap:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Corbzy
    Schall & Rauch, Westwood Bros. and Kay D Smith
    Add in Katz and aren't the first two the one in the same :?:

Ultimate Freak

no one right now

i guess i'm in a slump, or i'm looking for something that just isn't there.

Junior Freak

chris liberator , dave the drummer and eric sneo...

they're inspiring me
    FUK IT ALL
    FUK THIS WORDS
    ACIDTECHNO FOREVER

M.O.D.

2 dollar egg -graphit ep (klang)

really heavy soul (compilation cd of 70s soul and funk influenced by acid rock)
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    2 dollar egg -graphit ep (klang)
    Yeah, wicked record. They use some cool techniques, that cut and paste style is good in minimal techno if not overdone i.e. People just ripping Akufen. These guys pull it off nicely though, it's pretty deep too.

BOA Lifetime Member

ruskin, mulero, wunsch, reeko, makaton, grovskopa etc, etc, etc

im really loving this stuff at the moment, so dark, yet so artistic. amazing.

BOA Lifetime Member

Dean Rodell, Glenn Wilson (as always) and Patrik Skoog...

:clap:
    Numeric

Junior Freak

the sweet female vocals, in hardcore tunes.

BOA Newbie

Since I'm working on clubby, melodic tech-house stuff for a few labels, I've been drawing a ton of influence from both Leandro Gamez and Joris Voorn. I've never heard a crap record by either of them, including Leandro's pre-2000 bangers on Fieber. Joris nails the Detroit-with-an-edge vibe with amazing regularity, and Gamez is possibly the only producer who can still rock strong basslines while still sounding fresh.

As far as the harder, darker stuff is concerned, I agree with everyone here about Skoog. I've been buying his (and Headroom's) stuff since the Evil Deception days, and it's all really cool. Although I miss the heavy industrial influence that the older Headroom material exhibited, I think the double-shot of Mankind records Skoog did a bit ago (16 and 17) is probably his finest solo work to date. It's perfectly mixed, bangin', yet intricate with a very hypnotic feel. Although the Mhonolink record that came out immediately afterwards on Mankind was a better seller and more anthemic, Skoog's records just resonated with me a whole lot more.

Also, Dustin Zahn's stuff has always been pretty inspirational. That kid is just amazing, and don't let him argue otherwise on this board. ;)
    Out now:
    Chromagnon002 - Out Of Extinction Vol. 1 - \"Ombrophobia\"
    Seismic018 - Chemical Compounds 2 - \"Hive-Minded\"
    BerettaMusic003 - Directions EP - \"Northbound\"

Supreme Freak

what inspires me.. is "sample potential!"

i watch a film and think... ummm that would be a wicked sample, as for then trying to make the chewn.. well - its the limitations of my pc.. and my knowledge!

i enjoy funky house b/lines - but they are never "deep enougth" also like most things with "acid" so im trying to make bass heavy acid.. i have no examples of what im on about.. sorry! :dontevengothere:

BOA Lifetime Member

Also while this thread is here, I'm loving the British Murder Boys aka Surgeon and Regis, 'Don't give way to fear' is ****ing amazing! And also 'Rule by Law'...

Great stuff... ;)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast