Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default A bit of help - techno 93-95

I was reminiscing the other day as ye do, about all the old Helter Skelter and Dreamscape tapes I used to have of people like Trevor Rockliffe, Craig Walsh, Colin Faver, Warlock etc etc, and I realised how bloody impossible it is to identify any of the tunes from that era.

So I was wondering if anyone who's been into their techno for a long time would be good enough to list up some of the tunes from that era that got played out by the above dj's. Obviously this is a mammoth task, so just a few pointers would do ;)

And if nothing else it gets us all talking about quality tunes from back in the day!

Junior Freak

Good lord - surely someone on here was buying techno when hard crunchy loops were just a twinkle in Glenn Wilson's eye? ;)

Prince Of Warthogs

you're right that is mammoth task.

lot's of that old stuff is being rereleased now
    like old plus 8 tunes from speedy j etc

i suppose labels like
    rising high
    magnetic north
    peacefrog
    axis
    djax
    disco b

or am i still a bit too current.
    i remember listening to the outer limits on kiss and colin favours show and one of my mates used to religously tape them so we could listen back.
    but the names of the artists and label just sailed right ovr my head in those days.
    however ,i did tape one show when they played the demo of digeridoo by aphex twin the fist time from a cassette!!!! i was obsessed with that track for ages afterwards!

maybe somebody else can be more specific
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: A bit of help - techno 93-95

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Zykotik
    I realised how bloody impossible it is to identify any of the tunes from that era.

!

thats half the buzz though... isnt it?
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: A bit of help - techno 93-95

Get some old Trope stuff and off you go. ;)
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

Junior Freak

yep I got some fatastic tapes and stuff with mixes by Faver/Dale/Walsh Hall/Angel/Tanith etc etc from obsession/Universe etc etc in the early-mid 90's and there's some seriously good tunes on them but like you say feck knows who by?? well apart from some old Mills, Hawtin, CJ Bolland, The Source Experience, Damon wild, DJ Hell and bits from the detroit people I'm not sure about too much else. Maybe check sdome music by these folks from back in the early 90's but am sure there's a whole lot more i'm missing
    Would like to know more as there are some tunes on my old tapes that are fantastic and still sound amazing today.

Junior Freak

listen to planetary assault system on peacefrog
    old steve stoll stuff
    some stuff on zoom wasn't bad
    le petit prince
    attack
    ESP
    DJax
    redweed
    The firts Lost album is wicked

or stuff by
    massimo vivona
    Joey beltram
    Robert Armani
    dj ESP

Junior Freak

Cheers folks. Yeah I guessed it would be nigh on impossible to identify most of these tracks properly. I'll just have to load up discogs and start plugging away on soulseek...should only take me the rest of my life!