Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jimfish
    if is not filtering **** what is it filtering?
    i tried to put a period inbetween the f and the u, in f u c k

Supreme Freak

hmm wel i cant call it a gig but a dj experience ...

that was our graduation party in last septemeber .... like in all teh szhcool parties i was heavily drunk ... so drunk that i threw up at around 2am ... then some mates, knowing i am dj , aske dme to play records.

of course they werent mine and this was astudent crowd... so borrowed some bob sinclar, benny benassi .... hahah what a crime, i think the music i playe dis the worst part of the story ..... so i started to drink again while playing, and after a while i realzed there werent monitors and i was using to room' sound to mix . of course my mix ended the same way it began after some more drinks.

teh funny thing is that on the next day i couldnt remmeebr how long i had played, and what were the records. The freinds ive met told me they loved my set ... i didnt know that some people could b more drunk than me on that nite =)

Supreme Freak

Worst - 3 people - Warrington, has that dog paid?

Funny shit - K-head, lays down in the middle of the dance floor, big lad as well, but I thought, **** me the bouncers will have him over, so I got him up and to the side. Ten mins later he walks thru all the PA and light rigging to shake my hand - booom and silence all round.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    but i don't agree about walking off if there are technical problems
    i was brought up to have the show must go on attitude.
    Heh, just last night I had a gig at a Student festival and even though the soundsystem was totally bangin' (15 kW), it wasn't really made for a DJ to play (before me, there was a group of drummers bangin' it out on the stage and there were bands supposed to play on other days of the festival). They had a terribly low picnic table for our decks and mixer (not too good on the back) and the electricity was connected via a number of branch boxes so almost every time someone stepped on the stage, the electricity would go out
    and the music would simply shut down(!). Fortunately, this was fixed when I was set to play, but nothing could prepare me for such terrible monitoring conditions! I had two floor monitors (which were obviously meant for the drummer), which were way too loud and banging and the high-end was non-existent. I had to rely solely on my two ears and the mixer, but proceeded to play. Even though there were some major technical hiccups later on (like the power going off about an hour and a half into my set and some serious popping noise when the sound engineer tried to balance the speaker levels (?)), I played to maybe ten dancing girls and a few blokes in a tent meant for at least two hundred people (the others were mainly sitting and drinking).

And the point to this long story?

If you're paid to play a gig (no matter where or when), it's your obligation to play under any circumstances, except when the conditions prevent you from performing. If they fcuk up technically, they're gonna get a fcuked-up sounding show and it's their problem! As D.A.V.E. said, the show must go on!
    John Wayne was a nazi

Banned

a funny thing happened to me a few years back,i was booked to play from 10 till 1130,me and about 4 mates went along to the place which turned out to be the hall at the back of a working mans club.Pretty funny in its self,so we sat in the main bar getting really pissed,but one of my mates was absolutely steaming!!I got on the decks and unknown to me,my friend was so drunk he decided to trash the toilets behind the stage.Within 5 mins the stage was flooded and the place was evacuated.Of course he denied all knowledge.We had to make a sharp exit and i havent heard from the promoter to this day.

BOA Lifetime Member

lets say a big bag o' weed, too many pills and no monitors at a party of people who wanted something "lighter and more commercial" than Bam Bam, Liberator et al. well I was laughing at the end and pulled a really cute lady that night. So shit for everybody else - great night for me!

Ultimate Freak

Worst ever gig for me was in Malta, no flight details until 12 hours before, got to gatwick, no ticket for me.. after 2 hours wrangling with air malta they finally found my reservation after many calls to air malta in Malta.. got on the plane, flight was fine, got off plane, waiting for my records, no records... waited another 30 mins and this mangled mess of record box came thru.. luckily records were ok, box was trashed, the lid was half hanging off, it looked like it had been run over by an airport truck, the whole box was literally twisted on its axis.. because of the late plane ticket I thought I wasn't going to make it there, and as a result of this, the news had got thru to other people in malta, so no-body thought I was coming.. so no-one turned up at the club.. as a result of this the club closed by 11pm, I ended up playing in some bar.. went down cool, but didn't get paid my fee.. then had to spend the next 2 days in malta with no money, and I'd borrowed 50 pounds to get to gatwick from nottingham, so I was 50 quid down..
    so all in all it sucked...

So if anyone from overseas books me, make sure you get me the flight details at least 2 weeks in advance or I'm not coming...[/i]

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by crime
    Worst ever gig for me was in Malta, no flight details until 12 hours before, got to gatwick, no ticket for me.. after 2 hours wrangling with air malta they finally found my reservation after many calls to air malta in Malta.. got on the plane, flight was fine, got off plane, waiting for my records, no records... waited another 30 mins and this mangled mess of record box came thru.. luckily records were ok, box was trashed, the lid was half hanging off, it looked like it had been run over by an airport truck, the whole box was literally twisted on its axis.. because of the late plane ticket I thought I wasn't going to make it there, and as a result of this, the news had got thru to other people in malta, so no-body thought I was coming.. so no-one turned up at the club.. as a result of this the club closed by 11pm, I ended up playing in some bar.. went down cool, but didn't get paid my fee.. then had to spend the next 2 days in malta with no money, and I'd borrowed 50 pounds to get to gatwick from nottingham, so I was 50 quid down..
    so all in all it sucked...

So if anyone from overseas books me, make sure you get me the flight details at least 2 weeks in advance or I'm not coming...[/i]
    Shitty, good thing your records didn't get f*cked up in the process, or I'd say you'd had the worst experience posted!
    P E A C E A C I D M A Y H E M

Junior Freak

This happened me...

I had after a Gig a crash with my car... and my box was faster than me and my car...
    I shot the sheriff and I swear it wasn´t self defense!

The Demon Beast

Welcome to the board.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Newbie

haha this is great. I 've was booked to play at this "club" that I've never heard of before in a rural area, with the promise that bunch of music-hungry kids would "pack the place". After 4 hours in the promoter's car, we pull into the parking lot and I see bunch of Harley's parked outside. So bells start ringing in my head, but I say to myself: "maybe..."
    We go inside, and no surprises there, bunch of bikerz and biker-hos sitting around the bar under a huge cloud of smoke. I immediately turn to the promoter and he goes "Lemme show you the system". Hey at least they had a DJM 600 and pair of 1200s. I am still in complete shock by the way, still trying to figure out how this is gonna work out without saying one word.
    Then all of a sudden I see this group of maybe 50 kids show up out of nowhere in their complete rave gear! The promoter tells me to cue up and cuts the biker-music real quick. All heads around the bar turn towards the make-shift-wooden stage (they had the huge main speakers,with the monitors right on top, set up right next to the tables on the stage with me; not gonna talk about that, did I mention that the stage was made out of wood with nothing underneath ) So I say **** it and start banging it. After my 3rd mix, some bikerz start leaving and more kids come in, but there are still some bikerz in the place! Hahahaha, I will never forget this, eventually this big bearded guy,well in this 40s, walks right up to the stage and starts yelling at me to turn off the music! I look at the promoter, he tells me to ignore the guy so I comply. :lol:
    Dude eventually gives up and leaves the place with the rest of the Harley crowd, and kids pack the place, other than the sound issues, we have a great night.
    :lol: I will never ever forget that guy's face

Prince Of Warthogs

ok heres another one.
    i went to spain a few years ago for 2 weeks to do a very quick music technologoy course for some of the local djs.
    after the course finished i had a gig at a local house club, the day before i'd realised i'd forgotten my floppy disks ( i was playing live back then with samplers drum machines and a full desktop computer !!) so i'd called london and got them fed exed over.
    so i set up in this club and played my "halo " set which went down really well ( so far so good ......or so i thought )
    so then we decide to go and really "party" if you know what i mean and we head down to this afterhours with loads of sketchy people and general sketchiness going on all over the place and i'm starting to get a bit weirded out by all these spaniards clapping me on the back and saying " hey amigo!!!!!!! " etc etc.....
    then at about 4 in the afternoon!!!! i'm on the dancefloor completely out of my mind! and the guys i was with come up and say "would you like to play????"
    i say "no thanks man i'm done" .
    and they say "well we've been back to the other club and collected your equpitment ( id left it there for safety) and it's all over there" (pointing at this small stage)
    so i go over and start trying to open all my flight cases and start getting all my leads out and disks and plugging things in and just generally pulling everything out of the boxes and putting it all on the floor in a total pile tangling all the leads up and completely freaking out because i just haven't got a clue how any of it goes together and i'm standing there scratching my head with a load of leads hanging round my neck and all my gear on the floor in a big pile
    and they turn on the stage spots!!!!!
    i'd been trying to do everything in the dark and evryone in the club turned toward the stage to see me sweating, with a hundred leads round my neck in a kind of " what the **** is going on?? " pose
    and they all pissed themselves laughing.
    it took about 10 minutes for me to plug the mouse into the computer.(i couldn't see the hole)

i did finally manage to get it all going ( i don't know how )
    and played my set which sounded ok apart from me pressing the space bar 3 times during it and stopping it all.......

i am a prize turnip when i get going.
    love your mum

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

:lol: :lol:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

The Demon Beast

:clap: I wish I was a Sketchy Spaniard. ;)
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Ultimate Freak

i turned up to do a studo party only to find they wanted house and the lighter side of tec house instead of techno. So some guy offered to lend me his cheese !!! .. well i got his tunes and played on a landing in a stair well with no moniters and one speaker on the lower floor and another on the upper..well **** this so I double dropped hehe speckled doves !!! and ****in when on the rampage with some cheesy house doin all sorts of mixing and spinbacks. Um.. then one of the speakers blew and finally smoke started to poor out of the amp, so i threw on a long playing track, found the guy who's tunes i had borrowed, gave him them back... said ta and legged it. :roll: :lol: :lol: I met them all a couple of weeks later when i was playing drums in the bar and amazingly they all buzzed off it. top nightmare :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyspeed
    lets say a big bag o' weed, too many pills and no monitors at a party of people who wanted something "lighter and more commercial" than Bam Bam, Liberator et al. well I was laughing at the end and pulled a really cute lady that night. So shit for everybody else - great night for me!
    as long as you had a good time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Junior Freak

few years ago a new local club asked me to play for them one night. i made it very clear i played TECHNO and made sure he knew it would be HARD! got to the venue and was Very happy with the sound system. started playing a few tracks and then somone told me it was Cambodian new year (my city has tons of cambodians and asians) i said ok so?? then they ask if i can play CAMBODIAN MUSIC for the rest of the night!!!!! i said you gotta be kidding me!! I TOLD YOU I PLAY TECHNO AND YOU KNOW THIS! "yes yes yes we know but everone wants to hear their countries music, we have cds can you play them?" packed my things and left..........
    try to beat that! hahahahha
    :roll:

Prince Of Warthogs

:clap: :clap:
    haha cambodian music!!!

excellent!
    love your mum

Junior Freak

I'm not sure how many people this happens to, but when ever I would play outside in a remote location, tons and tons of moths would flow and bump the needle of my records. This happened about twice I think, and talk about really f*cking up your mix when people are diggin your set
    P E A C E A C I D M A Y H E M

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBastard
    I'm not sure how many people this happens to, but when ever I would play outside in a remote location, tons and tons of moths would flow and bump the needle of my records. This happened about twice I think, and talk about really f*cking up your mix when people are diggin your set
    this happens alot mate :lol: :lol: insects are one of the downfalls about playing outside :lol:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast