Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prince Of Warthogs

Default difficult crowds world wide/ your worst gig experience

it's a negative post i know
    so let's keep things humorous or factual
    i have to say recently

AUSTRIA!!!!!!!

i mean come on you guys ****ing give something back!!!!!
    there's nothing worese than wanting to get off the moment you get on

please!!!!
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

what happend there then?

always thought they liked to ave it over there.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Junior Freak

heard from many very well known artists that Austria sucks, nobody dancking, just drinking and standing :dontevengothere:

My worst gig, hmmmmmm...on island Rab where were tourists asking a dance music?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

unbelivble!
    info:www.carlmax.com :-: 4 funwww.myspace.com/carl_max
    PRESTIGE RECORDINGS

Ultimate Freak

i heard austria was pretty good.. so good a friend of mine wants to move there! (and another did last year) they love it & i cant wait to go either :love:
    jimmah!

Ultimate Freak

my friends colleen and lori live in graz they seem to like...

Prince Of Warthogs

so far only bad reports about austria
    although lori the hi fi princess moved there a few years ago and seems to like it.
    i played in linz last time and people only seemed to dance to the classics
    soon as i played something a bit risky they vanished!!!!!
    carola and vigorito were playing down the road ..same night and they got about 40 people!!!!!
    we actually did better than that but it was free entry, so that probably had something to do with it.

anyways not too impressed with austria.

anyways thinking about it ....one of the funniest nights had to be at the drome ( se1) a couple of years back.
    someone had given julian a pill during his set , only it turned out to be about 5 gelatin pills which had moulded together in the heat in a sweaty pocket. juloian necked the lump thinking " that was a bit big" and then came up during his set.
    when i got there he was puking behind the decks whilst mixing , apparently the set had been good for the beginning but it had dissolved into a total frenzy , julian's screaming to me to go on , so's the sound guy , i had to manouver my records round piles of puke and kind of stand on one foot to avoid the major puddle by one of the decks.
    julian ended up being carried out!

gross , but entertaining........hope my mum doesn't read this.
    love your mum

Junior Freak

lols....

mine would have to be playing for a motorbike gang.
    they spiked my drinks with something nasty then i played to their girlfriends whilst they all hung out in the shadows of the room!
    the girls loved it and the guys hated them talking to me or it seems having a good time on the floor.
    scariest night of my life.
    needless to say i wasnt at the after party :roll:
    Viva La Funky Shitttt!!!!

djmaya@xtra.co.nz

Junior Freak

Sounds like an experience we had with Julian here in Cali...

We need to get him out here again, he can party :clap: :lol:

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

lol :lol: :lol:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Junior Freak

i was asked to dj at the local pub. they just wanted pub music. the place was full of hill billy old school mullet dudes.

a fight was about to break out. i put on 'welcome to the jungle' by guns n roses. then i put on 'a small victory' by faith no more. the tension in the air was fark'n intense then a huge fight broke out. they fell on me equipment. the needle went "eeerrrreewwwweeee". i quickly put the needle back on tryin to keep the atmosphere goin so the fight would keep goin. no techno but an interesting night..

Ultimate Freak

hahaha
    jimmah!

Junior Freak

Was in Hong Kong playing some harder stuff and was told by the promotor if I dont play slower to around 135 bpm, the triad gang were going to chop me.

And I banged out Rowland the bastard's Nowt#1 to save my balls.
    If you have no time to sell your records online - I offer a service to list them on my shop at - http://www.discogs.com/user/Djdtl

Supreme Freak

medicine hat - pop 50,000 - about a 3 hour drive from here.

i knew i would be playing for hicks, so i brought lots of b-boy breaks, just in case they weren't into techno. the location turned out to be a former strip club. the raised stage and poles were still there in the middle of the room.

not long into my set somebody asked me if i would play something they could break dance too. i was already playing breaks, so i kept doing that. a while later somebody else asked the same thing. repeat. repeat. i was into my funkiest, dare i say, cheeziest stuff, and still, instead of breakdancing, all i saw on the floor was a bunch of pissed off doods staring at me.

finally somebody clued me in that the local break dance scene was used to breaking to hard trance and hard house, and had somehow incorporated glow sticks. they had never heard breakbeat before.

Junior Freak

Well when I moved out from the city into the boondocks I was stoked to find a party crew... And they all pretty much had similar styles of dance music they spun, so when they heard some of my acid techno sets they were really excited to get a new sound... So I play at a party and it turns out the guys who throw the parties were the only ones who LIKE acid techno, the crowd just stood there bopping there heads like idiots and ocassionally dancing for 30 second spurts... So I pretty much just spun for myself that night haha
    P E A C E A C I D M A Y H E M

Junior Freak

[quote="dtl"]Was in Hong Kong playing some harder stuff and was told by the promotor if I dont play slower to around 135 bpm, the triad gang were going to chop me.

quote]

Geez tough gig mate!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Evil G

finally somebody clued me in that the local break dance scene was used to breaking to hard trance and hard house, and had somehow incorporated glow sticks. they had never heard breakbeat before.
    geez i can't really imagine someone doin the 'worm' while listenin to hard trance....?

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by sash

geez i can't really imagine someone doin the 'worm' while listenin to hard trance....?
    yeah i've seen this
    in ny at the tunnel funnily enough
    2 rival gangs came down
    (they were about the only people there)
    and they just break danced ( or broke maybe???) all night long against each other.
    i was playing with robert armani who gave up after 20 minutes and also after he heard the promoter wasn't paying anyone.

the high point was seeing some kid do a back flip off the wall

the low point ??
    the hotel.......roach motel central eeeuuugh!
    love your mum

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    Quote Originally Posted by sash

yeah i've seen this
    in ny at the tunnel funnily enough
    2 rival gangs came down
    (they were about the only people there)
    and they just break danced ( or broke maybe???) all night long against each other.
    i was playing with robert armani who gave up after 20 minutes and also after he heard the promoter wasn't paying anyone.

the high point was seeing some kid do a back flip off the wall

the low point ??
    the hotel.......roach motel central eeeuuugh!
    thats the single best and funniest thing ive ever heard.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

the big pork pie

Worst booking I ever had was in Switzerland when BenEye & myself went over to play. 4500 people stood still all night & just watched the DJ's playing. Then I was told there was an after party, so I got on the mic & told everyone. Trouble was, the after party was in a 150 capacity bar/club. 4500 tried to get into there & it was chaos! Went back to the hotel in the morning after loosing the promoter, and loosing our money & grabbed a few hours sleep. Woke up & realised that we were skint & about to be thrown out of the hotel. Spent the whole day jumping trains with loads of bags & records trying to get to Zurich to meet some friends. Couldn't find them, so we had to keep jumping trains to get to the airport. Flew back home & had a PHAT joint after the nightmare.

Ultimate Freak

I've got too many to list.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast