Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Ultimate Freak

Default reverb recommendations

So lately I've mostly been try to use reverb from my DP/4. Can't say I'm terribly happy with the results.. but maybe I just haven't tweaked enough...
    Anyone else use a DP/4 that has achieved some nice results? Maybe I have to run it through another patch first?

Also thinking of leaving the DP/4 for other fx and buying a dedicated reverb box... Lexicon something?
    I don't want to spend an incredible amount either.. maybe $400-$500 max.. but less is preferable.
    Ideas anyone?
    Thanks,
    -Chris

Supreme Freak

you should be able to get a used Lexicon MPX-550 or MPX-1 for under that price. i have the MPX-1 and i rather like it, especially the fact that up to 5 parameters can be patched from dynamic sources (envelope follower, lfo, pedal, midi, etc).

Ultimate Freak

Yeah I had been lookin at a used 550 actually ;)
    How often do you really use those dynamic parameters tho?
    I can see one or two potential uses in my head... what do you use it for?

Supreme Freak

they are good for all sorts of things. you can patch the controllers to each other too. so you could for example have an envelope follower (measuring the loudness of the input) modulating the speed of an lfo, which in turn controls the pre-delay and panning, end result being that louder sounds can be made to stay centered, while quieter sounds move around the room, or vice versa. the possibilities are not endless, but plentiful.

Junior Freak

Alti verb plug in. Not sure if it's on PC though. Everyone raves on about em. Even MC Hammer! "Can't touch this.......BOO DOOOO DOOOO DOOOO.......etc"

BOA Lifetime Member

i have a lexicon mpx 1000 sounds absolutely gorgeous but was rather pricey
    STAR WARS IS ALMOST AS CRAP AS TOLKIEN

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Evil G
    they are good for all sorts of things. you can patch the controllers to each other too. so you could for example have an envelope follower (measuring the loudness of the input) modulating the speed of an lfo, which in turn controls the pre-delay and panning, end result being that louder sounds can be made to stay centered, while quieter sounds move around the room, or vice versa. the possibilities are not endless, but plentiful.
    Very cool idea! Sounds like its quite a bit more flexible than my dp/4. I'll have to look into one of these MPX 1's ;)