Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Freak

sampling is techno.
    ciao

Junior Freak

ok, i finally listened to the samples, and they do sound similar, but they also sound like two completely different tracks. this is techno.
    ciao

Junior Freak

Man I should have just kept my mouth shut

And I do admit that I jumped to conclusions before the discussion of the topic really even began, my bad, and I apologize for that. Maybe I had too much caffeine blowing through my system or something :lol:

I don't think the point of the thread was to single out Jorg and start a bashing fest though, I think it was to see if anyone else noticed the similarity as well.

I have no problems with him. And I think he makes some damn good tracks too.

So once again, sooooowwwwy ;)

Ultimate Freak

i dont sample techno and never have, but i am sooooooo sick of ppl trying to make cases out of every similar sound etc.

GET A LIFE!

that goes for mika and luka too!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by deafmosaic
    i dont sample techno and never have, but i am sooooooo sick of ppl trying to make cases out of every similar sound etc.

GET A LIFE!
    Yeah, I'll agree with that. It's quite easy to come up with a lot of the typical sounds in techno tracks. A guitar, piano, or any other "traditional" instrument has notes. Why not treat a sample like a note instead of sample? I don't even care if people sample things to take it and make it their own. What I don't like is people taking a major part of another track and relying on it to push their track forward. Joris Voorn for instance, just did that Kowalski remix and used that same Michael Jackson sample that Mills used (or something real similar) for a short segement in that remix. He didn't take it and use it as the basis for his remix. It was just meant to be a nice small and funky addition to the track. It wasn't a focal point and it sounded good. Therefore, I don't complain at all about it. If he took the sample and put a lot of attention on it, or even made it the hook I probably wouldn't be all about it then.

Junior Freak

What about the User series? Uses some very "known" samples...
    John Wayne was a nazi

Junior Freak

My bad for initiating public discourse on a topic I thought would be a bit interesting (sorry Adverse, I let you down :cry: ) considering I, for one, don't jack loops from people (and no i'm not patting myself on the back). I figured maybe other people might have constructive opinions on it as some people obviously do. So if everyone is jacking loops then i guess i'm the black sheep...again.

Furthermore, forgive me for not being a seasoned veteran at Blackout Audio with at least 1098349809850 posts. I was not a member when you all apparently have had these countless discussions before.

So much for posting threads that might be controversial...I must not have had my big bowl of p.c. for breakfast that day...
    Mafia 009 -- Dean Rodell Collaborations Coming Soon

Ultimate Freak

word. you have no idea what the **** went on here with skull tunes last year that was a stupid mess.

i'm of your school when i found out the majority use pre recorded loops (sometime during that whole ST mess) i was very disillusioned.

cheers joseph
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    yeah come on guys. singling jorg out on a thread like this is unfair if you think about it. we've had enough stealing loops thread to last us a lifetime. everyone does nick loops and there's much, much worse out there than this. in fact, listening to both tracks, I'm not toally convinced the jorg has actually intentionally nicked a glenn wilson loop. i think what's probably happened is they've both found the same loops on a sample CD and used it. it's common as hell for this to happen these days. the problem we should be addressing is when ppl nick entirely bars of people's music from the record itself. but with the sample cd market alive and kicking, how can we really tell when this is the case?
    Thats what i said! :clap:
    info:www.carlmax.com :-: 4 funwww.myspace.com/carl_max
    PRESTIGE RECORDINGS

Junior Freak

The Amen break as used by every drum n bass producer and every jungle producer and his dog, is nicked from a 60's combo called the winstons.
    Every breakbeat is nicked from somewhere..so it's just a techno version of that....who knows, in 5 years everyone might be making loopy shit using "the sims break"... oh no, they already are aren't they?

BOA Lifetime Member

GET A LIFE!

that goes for mika and luka too!
    lol you ****ing queer stabber! i will never forgive you dieter.
    non serviam

Ultimate Freak

lick me where i pee. :)

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by karlo
    wj henze is not newcommer who cant make a loop? you gotta know that theres out many loops cds, and what the hell happen?? they used the same one!
    If he is a non-newcomer who CAN make a loop, how come he uses loop CDs?
    Awakening Sasha

Ultimate Freak

lick me where i pee. :)
    Been there, done that.
    Awakening Sasha

Supreme Freak

Sure techno is loop based techno. what i think is not realated in particular with WJH stuff, as i own some of his records an really like them.

Today, machines and softwares have evolved so much taht u can make tracks only with them. The 4x4 building of the track will make it sound "techno" and "loopy"...

But i dont really see the point in using a pre-made loop. A loop is not a sample, and is not like a guitar note/chord. A loop is a combination of that.

For example, I am almost sure intel have deposited their 4 notes melody. Sure the 4 notes can be used by everybody. But would u use the same 4-notes melody for promoting your brand???? Would b a total ripoff, and ppl like intel would put you on trial for this (and they would probably win).

So that's it. techno consists in using samples, synths to make a loopy music. But using premade loops, even free of copyright, is just really lazy and as a producer i wouldnt feel proud of using them. The fact that this or that producer is using the same loop, or has used it in first is just totally pointles, just make your own genuine stuff you beleive in and u wont have these problems.

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    I'm not sure how much I like this topic,
    Everyone jacks loops,
    No need to single out Wjh for it.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

Everyone needs to die!
    non serviam

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Miromiric
    Everyone needs to die!
    aww you do have a way with words dont you Miro
    R.I.P JOHN PEEL ...........

BOA Lifetime Member

I`m not a fan of loops, jacked or not. Sample CD`s advocate lazy programming.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

The Demon Beast

Creativity utilized in any form is the key. [/b]
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast