Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Did WJ Henze Jack a Glenn Wilson Loop?

I'm not trying to start some rumor sh*t, but have a listen for yourself:

Original Track by Glenn Wilson --> Serum on Heroes 2

http://www.planetxusa.com/pub/audio/...002/102741.ram

(Starts at 1:31...)

WJ Henze's Track on the new Highland Beats

http://www.planetxusa.com/pub/audio/...004/153941.ram

(Listen closely around 30 seconds...)

A friend of mine pointed this out to me and i was convinced...
    Mafia 009 -- Dean Rodell Collaborations Coming Soon

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: Did WJ Henze Jack a Glenn Wilson Loop?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Isaac
    I'm not trying to start some rumor sh*t, but have a listen for yourself:

Original Track by Glenn Wilson --> Serum on Heroes 2

http://www.planetxusa.com/pub/audio/...002/102741.ram

(Starts at 1:31...)

WJ Henze's Track on the new Highland Beats

http://www.planetxusa.com/pub/audio/...004/153941.ram

(Listen closely around 30 seconds...)

A friend of mine pointed this out to me and i was convinced...
    A little bit maybe, but I wouldn't have really noticed unless you'd said it, if Henze did use a loop it didn't do too much to enhance his own track as they don't sound too like one another. I wouldn't be having the guns out for Henze here anyway, there's not enough in that to say he *did* nick a loop.

Junior Freak

im realy dont belive in that, wj henze is not newcommer who cant make a loop? you gotta know that theres out many loops cds, and what the hell happen?? they used the same one! maybe Henze never heard that stuff of glenn....IMO! ;)
    info:www.carlmax.com :-: 4 funwww.myspace.com/carl_max
    PRESTIGE RECORDINGS

Junior Freak

Yeah, he totally jacked that track.

I don't want to get caught up in rumor stuff either, but he's making cash off of somebody else's work, and that's not cool

I would have assumed that the label would have caught this before releasing the record, seeing how serum is a fairly well known track and all.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by markus
    I would have assumed that the label would have caught this before releasing the record, seeing how serum is a fairly well known track and all.
    It's only a loop, and no-one can say that he did actually use it yet. They are each pretty run of the mill, hard loop tools that you'd throw into a mix for a minute or two, big deal. Big up WJ Henze :clap:

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by karlo
    im realy dont belive in that, wj henze is not newcommer who cant make a loop? you gotta know that theres out many loops cds, and what the hell happen?? they used the same one! maybe Henze never heard that stuff of glenn....IMO! ;)
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I heard it. Because Henze has been making tracks for a long time, good ones too. But it is kind of obvious that he did use a loop from serum. So who knows, maybe he did just have a loop of it sitting around, and he's never actually heard the original before

I dunno, I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but the second I heard that track, I recognized the serum loop.

BOA Lifetime Member

im not too convinced actually.

BOA Lifetime Member

Sorry to be so offhand guys, I'm tired tonight. I just reckon people get their knickers in a twist too easily over stuff like this, let Glenn Wilson and Henze worry about it if they want ;) Personally I don't think this case is too big a deal from what I heard just there.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    Sorry to be so offhand guys, I'm tired tonight. I just reckon people get their knickers in a twist too easily over stuff like this, let Glenn Wilson and Henze worry about it if they want ;) Personally I don't think this case is too big a deal from what I heard just there.
    Yeah it's really none of my biz. Still believe that it's a serum loop imo. But like I said, that's just my opinion. Don't want to get caught up in rumors. It's not a big deal or anything. Like you said, if there's a problem, then they'll deal with it.

I was just pointing out what I heard.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by markus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    Yeah it's really none of my biz. Still believe that it's a serum loop imo. But like I said, that's just my opinion. Don't want to get caught up in rumors. It's not a big deal or anything. Like you said, if there's a problem, then they'll deal with it.

I was just pointing out what I heard.
    Goes for me as well...

Junior Freak

not sure if that's same loop cause I haven't had a listen to either one yet. either way, it wouldn't surprise me. his bassoon release on energy industries back in the days sounded like some mill's loops.

either way, all this techno stuff all sounds the same! people need to stop using that biting that 909 sample.
    ciao

Junior Freak

geez, im not making sense tonight.
    ciao

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by heavy beats
    either way, all this techno stuff all sounds the same!
    Hahaha! :lol:

Ultimate Freak

Not wanting to step on toes here but this isn't surprising about this release. I can point out a bunch of instances where he totally jacked samples from other producers (or it's a coincidence that they use the same patches on synths, drum machines), but I won't out of respect to WJH because there is already enough player hating going on in techno right now.

The Demon Beast

I'm not sure how much I like this topic,
    Everyone jacks loops,
    No need to single out Wjh for it.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

jeeeezzzussss....not trying to start a bloody soap opera here, and i sure as fck am not hatin on Henze, i was simply relaying information to see what others thought...fck, let me go crawl under a rock now..
    Mafia 009 -- Dean Rodell Collaborations Coming Soon

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    I'm not sure how much I like this topic,
    Everyone jacks loops,
    No need to single out Wjh for it.
    word up ****.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

lamest topic ever :P
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Supreme Freak

...a quiet thread day eh

BTW, that Highland Beats Ep is pretty cool, it'd be nice though if Henze could maybe piss off the 909 and use something else, it'd make for a positive change.

Administrator

yeah come on guys. singling jorg out on a thread like this is unfair if you think about it. we've had enough stealing loops thread to last us a lifetime. everyone does nick loops and there's much, much worse out there than this. in fact, listening to both tracks, I'm not toally convinced the jorg has actually intentionally nicked a glenn wilson loop. i think what's probably happened is they've both found the same loops on a sample CD and used it. it's common as hell for this to happen these days. the problem we should be addressing is when ppl nick entirely bars of people's music from the record itself. but with the sample cd market alive and kicking, how can we really tell when this is the case?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast