Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: audio clips

Ultimate Freak

Default audio clips

when i cut and paste loops i always get those nasty clips on beginning of each loop. how do i get rid of them?
    mikaaa, you are crazy mika...pepito, mikito,pepito,pepito,pepito,culo,pepito.

Supreme Freak

Zoom in more when you cut and make sure you cut at a point where the wave crosses the 0 line. Preferably heading in an upward direction if it's a bit transient coming up. Usually is.

Failing that some generous use of a crossfade tool can sort you out.

Ultimate Freak

perfect example of why this forum rules... that was sorted in like 10 minutes

cheers basil (AGAIN)
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

cool basil that helped me and saved my naked butt!
    u re the dood!

BOA Lifetime Member

Most Audio editors have this option...

Use 0 crossing.

or Snap 2 zero crossing.. etc...

To make sure it's activated ... zoom a little in the wave, make a selection starting and ending on a positive/ negative portion of the wave. If when u release the mouse u see the selection move the start and end 2 the nearest place where the wave crossed the baseline (0 db - silence) then it means it's activated....

This is perfect 4 mono waves but if u have a stereo wave, it might not work as perfect, why? Because the editor takes as reference the left or the right, thus the left might b in it's zero crossing but not the right...

Work around .... like basil said, do a fair big zoom in (after a certain zoom the snap 2 zero crossing stops working)... now on the very last portion of the wave do a fade out... the same 4 the start but with a zoom in... mind u that u r afecting only a few millisamples so u really won't notice the fades, but U'll notice no more nasty clicks!!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Ultimate Freak

i cut it off using cubase`s fit to grid so its exactly on millisecond. and this crossfade did the trick.

Supreme Freak

Yeah, I'd be careful about using the fade trick at the beginning tho if it's anything percussive as you'll lose a bit of the impact best off doing a major zoom in and hitting the exact beginning of whatever you are after, fade at the end is fine tho.

BOA Lifetime Member

basil Absolutly right.. Maybe it wasn't clear on my inicial post so...

On Mono clips, the snap 2 zero crossing solves all probs...

But on Stereo things r slightly more tricky... if u use fade in (only if needed) make sure u do it with a huge zoom in .. i.e. u only aply it 2 a very very small number of millisamples (AND ONLY 2 THE SIDE THAT ISN'T STARTING FROM 0 db... the side used as reference, just let it b, as the snap 2 zero crossed already made sure u selected a 0 db position)!!

SOrry if it wasn't clear enought, I'm not English and I write bad as hell :(

Thankz 4 the heads Up!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla