Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Alex Calver

Ultimate Freak

Default Alex Calver

Fair Play is it just me or is this guy got more tunes out than any other dj at the moment?
    And there all quite good... :clap:
    My box is full of his tunes and that new shroom 1 i got today is wicked !
    what do you lot reckon on his style.....?
    I realise most are on the nrg techno tip so this maybe aint the forum for it.
    but i'm a dj who plays TECHNO of the fast banging style and i'm droping his stuff in most sets!
    JUNE 19TH - TECHNO MANCUNIA ... JULY 10TH JEFF MILLS @SANKEYS ... JULY 18TH MARK EG & FRIENDS (GLENN WILSON) ... JULY 25TH SQUARE FESTIVAL (BILLY NASTY & NEIL LANDSTRUM)

BOA Lifetime Member

the dud'es wicked. some of his vocal samples are a bit naff but arrangement and style are spot on.. knows how to make the best of glitches and effects.

Junior Freak

YEP LIKIN HIS STUFF ALOT - I THINK THAT HE HAS BEEN INFLUECED ALOT BY D.A.V.E 'S SOUND - WHICH AINT A BAD THING - THE MORE THE MERRIER AS I SAY........
    POUNDING GROOVES (LIVE) @ THE VAULTS. 19TH MAY!!!!

Ultimate Freak

yeh some of the vocals are a little silly ... but most give the tunes a nice sound...

yeh i deffo reckon its on the D.A.V.E tip.... and like you say thats a wicked tip to be on!!!!!
    JUNE 19TH - TECHNO MANCUNIA ... JULY 10TH JEFF MILLS @SANKEYS ... JULY 18TH MARK EG & FRIENDS (GLENN WILSON) ... JULY 25TH SQUARE FESTIVAL (BILLY NASTY & NEIL LANDSTRUM)

Junior Freak

yup i like his stuff, first thing i heard of him was on Hydraulix but i have the Glitch stuff now and some others...all solid and rolling.
    Viva La Funky Shitttt!!!!

djmaya@xtra.co.nz

Junior Freak

Im really liking his stuff too, Ive been buying lables that i havent bought for years such as Tripoli Traxx & Nukleuz which have had Alex calver tunes / rmx's on. He has got a few hard dance / hard house elements to alot of his tracks but i like that in a way. I cant wait to hear him play @ Atmosphere at the Grove in Seaton next month

BOA Lifetime Member

****IN ACE!!! Definitely one of teh leading boys at the mo for bangin out the belters - cant wait to see him play on friday heard one of his mixes already

Louk
    Everybody is in the place....! letz go...

Supreme Freak

you can catch him playin @ skankadelic 2moro, 8th oct @ subway city birmingham, along with chris liberator b2b mark eg, and many more, infos in the techno promotion section

BOA Lifetime Member

I don't mind his stuff, he really has blown up a lot recently.

For me one of his best was his remix of Fake In It...

Hopefully he'll be pretty good at Atmosphere!!

Ultimate Freak

:lol: Good to see i'm not alone in thinking this guy rocks!
    Like some of you have said i have found myself buying the likes of nukleuz... witch i would not think was something i would do ! but this kinda ...um...duno i guess if you would like to call it cross over music, has got me looking at those hard dance/nrg labels!!!!
    That skankadelic line up looks wicked!!!
    :clap: