Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Default www.jetgroove.com

ok this is ****ed

they are stealing tracks off soulseek or whatever and selling them, without any of the artists consent of course

http://www.globalunderground.co.uk/f...sc&start=0

they have a ton of anxious
    tones of dave the drummer
    glenn wilson
    the list goes on
    pretty much type any artist in there and you can download high quality files
    they cover hard techno to trance to anything

not cool....

Ultimate Freak

maybe i should post this in the general section (if it hasnt been already)

Junior Freak

Are you sure that the labels aren't getting royalties for this?

Ultimate Freak

I was actually informed about this tonight by roommate. I did a search and found multiple things by Ian and I on there. Some of which are abiotic material that have not been approved at ALL! Gaetano Parisio was in town tonight so I didn't do anything about it and went to the club instead. Rest assured come tomorrow morning I am going to be making some phone calls. I'm sure there is no real money to be had but I'm doing it for the principal of things.

Junior Freak

Hmm, nevermind. I just found my own records on there and I was never informed of this.

WTF!?

Junior Freak

One thing I did notice, when you try to purchase a lot of the tracks on there you'll get a message saying "These tracks are not available for purchase at the moment. You can leave them in your basket and we will inform you by mail when they become available."

So maybe they have them available for preview, but are still waiting to get a hold of certain labels to discuss royalties and licensing and all that jazz.

Supreme Freak

Yeah the tracks aren't available for download apparently - seems they are adding releases to gather members... a bit dodgy imho but I doubt it's illegal.

BOA Newbie

Yes this is what they said last night after we´d contacted them:

Dear Sirs and Madams,

My name is Ulukman Mamytov and I am the attorney for jetgroove.com.

I bring you apologies from JetGroove for making you worry about your copyrights infringements and your music repertoire being presented on our website. I want to assure you that jetgroove.com having started a new Online Music Download Service pursues the objective of making your music more wellknown and accessible and ONLY BY LEGAL MEANS.

That means we DO NOT SELL any of your music without obtaining a proper permission (License) from you or other respective rightholders. You can easily check this by trying to purchase any of you music. Everything that you choose to put in your cart will have status: "Not Available For Purchase Yet". It could only be put "ON HOLD". And we do not change that status untill the contract is signed and your permission is granted. In this case all of your music will be given "Allowed for Selling" status and people who have it in their shopping carts will be able to buy it.

The experince of showing your music on our website without distributing aimed to draw your attention to us, with further goal to make contacts with you on friendly terms with a perspective of mutually beneficial partnership. We’re glad to inform you that your music is getting popular indeed through our website and we can let you know at any time how many of your tracks were put on hold and which ones.

However, we deeply understand your concerns and would like to assure you, if you find our relationships impossible, we will IMMEDIATELY delete all of your music from our music collection.

Hope you’ll find our offer to make your music more popular through us rather reasonable and we can start that mutually beneficial partnership.

Very Truly Yours,

Ulukman Mamytov

Jetgroove LLP
    Legal Department

Junior Freak

got the same reply after sending them a pissed off email...lot of our material on there also...bastards...never asked any kind of permission...what to do next?
    www.audioassault.com : home of Audio Assault & Arms / check out www.syndikaat.com !!!

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Bas mooy
    got the same reply after sending them a pissed off email...lot of our material on there also...bastards...never asked any kind of permission...what to do next?

Email them and ask them to remove your music. Though if I'm being honest I think this is a knee jerk reaction. There's a nice discussion going on at No Future regarding Jetgroove as well.

http://www.no-future.com/vbulletin/s...threadid=10694

BOA Lifetime Member

seems like a very dodgy outfit to me
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    seems like a very dodgy outfit to me
    Why's that? It seems extremely clear to me. Fear of change is never a good thing.

Supreme Freak

wow what a great idea.

instead of them contacting every label/artist. you contact them.
    i love it:)

the site is not really selling anything, but it looks like it has scared a few people. I am sure they will get a few emails and from there on they could start a business deal.

nice.

Junior Freak

I think it is worth it to at least attempt to make an arrangement with these guys. Of course, if they ARE selling your stuff without your permission and you can verify this, then pursue legal action by all means.

Junior Freak

Ya they had alot of our Gotham Grooves stuff on there too. I got that response as well. Kinda shady...
    Gotham Grooves-Terminal M-Advanced UK
    www.gothamgrooves.com
    www.gothamgrooves.com/forums

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by serox
    wow what a great idea.

instead of them contacting every label/artist. you contact them.
    i love it:)

the site is not really selling anything, but it looks like it has scared a few people. I am sure they will get a few emails and from there on they could start a business deal.

nice.
    Very, very true - it's really down to their customer service now. They'll get ranked highly on all search engines because of the breadth of text content, and the amount of work potential labels have to put in is so minimal it's laughable really. I can understand why label owners may be put off initially, but I think this is mainly because it's not been approached in the conventional manner - but the publicity this site has generated within three days of launch is pretty stupendous. Some very good thinking at this company in my humblee opinion.

Company A

"Hello this is company xyz, we're launching a new service, all we need you to do is encode all your back catalogue in high quality mp3, provide all your label images, release information and sign this contract, then we need you to upload them all in 'this' format. Oh, ok, well if you change your mind....beep, beep, beep"

Company B

"Hello, this is just to let you know about a new service we've launched, if you take a look at http://www.xy.com/yourlabel you'll see that we have added all information for all your releases for you already. You might be interested to know that ten people have already added your music to their accounts - all we need you to do is to fax us back a signature and we'll activate your account."

Which is better?

Supreme Freak

agreed. very smart planning. great way to launch a site. it has done every thing it could have wanted.

i am guessing this is not the only site/business they run.

Junior Freak

quote]

Very, very true - it's really down to their customer service now. They'll get ranked highly on all search engines because of the breadth of text content, and the amount of work potential labels have to put in is so minimal it's laughable really. I can understand why label owners may be put off initially, but I think this is mainly because it's not been approached in the conventional manner - but the publicity this site has generated within three days of launch is pretty stupendous. Some very good thinking at this company in my humblee opinion.

quote]

a good way to piss off everybody in the scene and to generate potential lawsuits

Supreme Freak

a good way to piss off everybody in the scene and to generate potential lawsuits
    lawsuit wont get far at all. they have not done anything illegal. check there disclaimer.

BOA Lifetime Member

It`s like setting up an electrical shop.
    everyone comes in and goes, oh, I`d like one of them flat screen TV`s.

"Oh, well we don`t actually have any yet......"
    Any company that starts off by selling nothing but "air" strikes me as a little bit hooky to begin with.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast