Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dj scot project - L

Not sure on this one, i heard him play it last nite and it sounded a lot better than it does on the overdose website....

also heard the remix of U, and its ****in phatness.

Played loads of new stuff and tbh wasnt anythin i wasnt expecting, apart from that there is really not any big riffs in site, more traditional soundin.

www.overdose.de
    www.clubabsolute.co.uk

Absolute with Alex Kidd & Paul Webster - 18th April
    Absolute with Stoneface & Terminal & Bryan Kearney - 16th May
    Anjunabeats 100 tour - Above and Beyond, Jaytech & Myself - 24th May
    Gatecrasher Edinburgh - 25th May

Hardtrance Concierge

L sounds pretty poo imo, hoepfuly there will be a decent mix on the other side

Supreme Freak

thats exactly what i thought jay

really dull and pretty tame, also quite obvious with none of the fresh ideas you expect from frank in his own releases.

gagging for a fat flip
    the alarm clock\'s going off. but you\'re not waking up. this isn\'t happening.

Hardtrance Concierge

Ye theres not enuff new ideas and its sound like its aimed at the more mainstream market. Was expecting much more from mr zenker tbh but was realy dissapointed with this.

Ultimate Freak

im not keen on this at all i hope there is a real hard rmx of this

90's Trance head

i like it :)

probobly a bit too formulatic but i like the fact its pretty minimal, and i love those kind of gritty electro synth leads.

nice fuzzy melody at the break aswell, which in time honoured traddition is verging on being a tad bit too long...but not quite :lol:

i just wish that rough nord sounding bass line was a bit more active in there with its changes.

not a scot anthem but a laid back hard trancer that will fit nicely into a more reserved trance set i think.

not really onto this one, rmx is by jay walker, which is meant to be equally not that impressive???

Heard some of his new stuff when i seen him tho, and some o it was noiceee.
    www.clubabsolute.co.uk

Hardtrance Concierge

the jay walker mix aint that good either, think i will be swerving this one

BOA Lifetime Member

you would of thought as frank is jay's idol, he would make a better attempt at the remix....

Hardtrance Concierge

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Corbzy
    you would of thought as frank is jay's idol, he would make a better attempt at the remix....
    ye, considering all Jays early stuff was based on Franks style i reckon your right m8

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Corbzy
    ye, considering all Jays early stuff was based on Franks style i reckon your right m8
    shame, cos this could have been a really good release.... :cry:

The Games Moderator

I like it, it's one of those that would swirl round yer head in a club. The synths are quite pronounced which i like & even though theres a euphoric feel running through it there still remains a darkish underlay.
    You gotta say YES ! to another excess

90's Trance head

im suprised you lot dont like this, its grown on me even more after a couple more listens :)

Ultimate Freak

I love this tune. I think it's awesome, and I too am surprised that some of you are not so keen on it!

There's nothing wrong in my book with Frank being formulaic, because he's been trying a few different ideas lately, so it's nice to have a 'typical' Scot Project once in a while too. Especially when there isn't much around at the moment otherwise, this tune really stands out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Voorheez
    I love this tune. I think it's awesome, and I too am surprised that some of you are not so keen on it!

There's nothing wrong in my book with Frank being formulaic, because he's been trying a few different ideas lately, so it's nice to have a 'typical' Scot Project once in a while too. Especially when there isn't much around at the moment otherwise, this tune really stands out to me.
    Ah man, this imo isnt formulaic really, maybe some of the synths etc are similar... but the ideas etc are pretty fresh, just the vocal is pants, it goes nowhere, it really has been aimed towards the more commercial crowd i reckon, this has got to me as much as R + S are....

he does, cold night, dfc, and FM then this.... a massive step backwards imo.

really, anyone who thinks this is good imo, should step back and have a look at the state of hard trance (which is ****in embarrasing if u ask me) and ask themselves if this is the best that hard trance can do, cause i for one are a little disheartened by the whole hard trance thing at the mo.

Highfish recordings, ie jon the baptismo and log are the future, and these guys are showing the big names how its done.

European releases so far have been a disgrace....
    www.clubabsolute.co.uk

Ultimate Freak

No, this isn't the best hard trance can do, and it isnt the best Scot Project has done but it is streets ahead of anything else around at the moment.

I personally really like the vocal, so I guess that's why the track is much more palatable to me.

90's Trance head

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nisbet
    really, anyone who thinks this is good imo, should step back and have a look at the state of hard trance (which is **** embarrasing if u ask me)
    yup the scene is embarrasing right now which is why i was glad to hear this track, currently hard trance seems to be spawning an endless pile of full on tracks that dont vary much from the previous releases befoer them, this however is something that sounds differnt from the ever increasingly predictable crowd and also its at a different pace, if more stuff like this was being released then the scene would allow djs to be a lot more varied in there sound and were a set goes rather then playing a set of tracks that are all so closed off from each other and hard to create any kind of progression or direction.

theres far too much carbon copied full on sounding tracks being released with extremly busy arrangments that totaly cut them off from the surrounding set, and not enough more varied and differntly paced material with perhaps a more subtle direction which allow you to actually craft a mix with.

i dont know about you but i find stringing 14 hard trance tracks together these days very uninspiring, european and UK. and making any progression from club/uplifting into hard territory usualy results in a quick change over when id like to move in more gradually.

in my opinion if your shrugging this stuff off in favour of the full on anthems all the time then your missing out, producers normaly stick to whats safe in this scene so we should be applauding the ones who decide to breakaway from what everyone else is doing slightly, not that this track is revolutionary but it is definetly unique to whats about at the moment and a step in the direction id like to see more people take.

as for the vocal in this track i dont mind it, and im suprised paul youve commented on the ideas being pretty fresh but then write it off on the basis of a 3 word vocal stab being to commercial, although i do respect the fact it might just not be your thing.

i hope i dont come across to confrontational here, no disrespect to anyone who has posted comments that are against my own view but i feel its something i had to say
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

BOA Newbie

Im personally a fan of this aswel.
    As someone mentioned, its got the euphoric feel flowing freely in the break, but still has a tint of darkness on the bassline.
    Indeed a bit different, and i think the vocal is pretty good.
    Tec

BOA Lifetime Member

I swear posted a reply to this thread but its gone!!!!

Oh well, when I'm back from work later I will post it again...
    (\\__/)
    (=\'.\'=)
    (\")_(\")

BOA Lifetime Member

dont mind the remix of this - the original isnt THAT bad either - when listening i expected it to be foul the way some of you describe it

heard mujch better tho

Louk
    Everybody is in the place....! letz go...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast