Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carl Cox

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Carl Cox

Went to code/air whatever its called last night

saw carl cox for first time ever , my God I was impressed

what a set man!!!

James Zabiela + Paul Thomas kept it rockin in room 2 and upstairs will bailey was ace as well

Louk
    Everybody is in the place....! letz go...

Prince Of Warthogs

yeah he's wicked innit!
    i saw him at atomic jam a few years ago playing really tough techno on 3 dex and he is the man for sure!
    i don't care what people say , i always recommend him highly to anyone who is getting into techno.
    it's just important to realise that the nature of the events he does sometimes can be a bit cheesy and he'll ( like any good dj would i reckon) play to the crowd.
    so avoid the big ones and try to catch him somewhere with a little more integrity.
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

yep i agree with that.some ppl do heavily critisise him but there is absoultely no doubt he is a top class dj.ive seen him play a few mean techno sets,just a case of being lucky and being there when he does

Junior Freak

coxy is one in a million his ability to raise the roof is second to none i remember coxy at the legendary angels night club r.i.p angels. remember some good nights with mark eg at i think it was entropy did anyone else share the experience

BOA Newbie

Even if you dont like his style of music... You have to applaud his skills behind the decks.

I seen him play earlier this year and was amazed at how effort-less his mixing is. Definately got the crowd jumping all night long.

Would love to see him again.

BOA Lifetime Member

would like to see him a play a tough techno set, nearly always funky festival gear when ive seen him, good dj though....

Junior Freak

He has been slated for waht he has done years ago (eg. when he came to Scoltand he played well known Scottish tunes at the time, which any dj could have done) but he stil used three decks & he really knows what tunes to play & when to play them.

He also plays a lot of tunes long before anyone else & sometimes you are lucky if you ever hear them played by another DJ. (think FACT & FACT 2)

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

the fact series were class, fact 1 got me into techno.

he can be cheesey but i agree it's where you see him, i saw him at bugged out a few years ago doing a 3 hour set and it was relentless
    lol the trance has gone

Junior Freak

He is a true legend. He gets all the respect in the world from me, he rocks the crowd every time and puts as much effort in as anyone even after the amount of time he has been doing.

He knows his crowd for every event and he knows what it will take to send them home happy.

Was at godskitchen for this and it was possibly one of the best nights ive had this year. He did play some crowd pleasing tunes, even call on me at one point unless I was trippin He even carried on for an extra hour aswell, although I left at 4 thinking it was finishing then

Considering how long he has been at it and how consistant he is, is anyone better ?

Top night anyways, Scarlette Ettiene was quality before him aswell, warmed up perfectly with some quality house. Paul T and Mutiny were cool upstairs aswell.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fordy
    He did play some crowd pleasing tunes, even call on me at one point unless I was trippin
    jesus christ....why oh why! :roll:
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Ultimate Freak

carl cox ... is da man nuff said

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
    He did play some crowd pleasing tunes, even call on me at one point unless I was trippin
    jesus christ....why oh why! :roll:
    Yeah I did think that at the time but still the rest of his set made up for it.

Junior Freak

Paul T and Mutiny were cool upstairs aswell.
    Medicine 8 not Mutiny :roll:

the big pork pie

Sure is a wicked DJ! :clap:

I've got some mad sets by him on CD, ranging from his hardcore days (Fantazia at the NECC with MC MC) right through to some quality techno sets.

Legend!

oldbugger

So glad this hasn;t turned into a coxy bashing post..Too many purists slate him..the man is a living legend.. Yes he plays a few crowd pleasers but i have seen him play some of the best relentless techno ever..

No idea where he gets his stuff from but i have heared sets where he just keeps bringing a better loop in everytime..just as you think it cant get any better..he drops an even better one..

****in class act (when he's in the right place.. :clap:

total respect.. everyone love big black cox :lol:

Ultimate Freak

carl cox is by far my fav DJ. sure he plays alot of crowd pleasers, but its the way how he plays them. he is one of the most unpredictable DJs yet he know EXACTLY what the crowd want to hear!

Supreme Freak

Seen him dj once, at Global this year, and nothing really grabbed me about his set. Was ok.
    R.I.P JOHN PEEL ...........

BOA Lifetime Member

I have to agree Miss Bass. There's no denying what he's achieved in the business but I don't see the attraction. I used to enjoy his old hardcore sets and some of his earlier techno sets though.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Boy
    I have to agree Miss Bass. There's no denying what he's achieved in the business but I don't see the attraction. I used to enjoy his old hardcore sets and some of his earlier techno sets though.

yeh, hes obviously where he is today for a reason!!!! and i dont exactly know it all either ;) lol

But he did actually play harder than i was expecting as ive heard some housey stuff hes played, but banged out tribally foownky shit. Wernt really my thing though.
    R.I.P JOHN PEEL ...........

Supreme Freak

I've been to see him a few times, mainly to check out what it is that attracts people - he has a massive pull everytime he comes here. He knows how to work a party, not really my kind of stuff but 999 other people seemed to disagree - sometimes we can all be too cool for school :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast