Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Voodoo presents DJ Bone, Sat 29th Jan

Voodoo @ Carling Academy Liverpool proudly presents:

Sat 29th Jan 2005

DJ Bone (Subject Detroit)

Residents:

Steve Shiels
    Brendan Long
    + more tbc

BOA Lifetime Member

Sweet thought this was gonna clash with natus. There, there, there

BOA Lifetime Member

One of the best dj's around this fella :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

Bone rocks!!

If he plays half the set like he did last time he was at Voodoo,were in for a very good night!! :lol:

Count me in!
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Junior Freak

All agreed with, cannot wait for this night, cant be arsed with NYE so looks like its this next!!!

Certainly will be rocking in the liverpool academy 2 that night!

BOA Lifetime Member

haha a clash with Natus, wouldnt be much of a clash that haha

im playing the Subsonica bday that night tho so i wont be in attendance, but il see me at the one after no doubt ;)
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Junior Freak

Cool, the start of 2005 is kicking off with some awesome techno/electro events.

This, split, atomic jam vs firefly, what else ? :lol:

Rock on.

Junior Freak

DJ Bone will destroy Academy 2!

We have some tasty line-ups coming your way folks!

The Demon Beast

True that.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

Voodoo have a website again ?

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Fordy
    Voodoo have a website again ?
    think the line ups are on the carling academy web site

Supreme Freak

I'm down for this...

Junior Freak

This is looking to be a very special night!!!!

Junior Freak

Voodoo @ Carling Academy Liverpool proudly presents:

Sat 29th Jan 2005

DJ Bone (Subject Detroit)

Residents:

Steve Shiels
    Brendan Long
    + more tbc

Tickets : 0870 771 2000 www.ticketweb.co.uk (£10adv)

Outlets : Liverpool : Radio City Box office, Probe, 3Beat,
    X-Fade, Phase. Manchester : Eastern Bloc

DJ Bone is one of Detroit's most coveted underground vinyl technicians. This very talented and highly sought after Artist plays events and clubs worldwide, has held a residency position at four of Detroit's top clubs and produces music inspired by the city in which he lives, Detroit. His record labels Subject Detroit and Encounter are futuristic and unearthly while still displaying the true essence of Detroit's Techno Soul. Bone experienced the emotion, passion and energy of Detroit Techno first hand at the infamous Music Institute. What he witnessed there, along with the eclectic mix of music filling Detroit's airwaves by the legendary Electrifyin' Mojo and The Wizard, along with Detroit's industrial backdrop, would serve to be Bone's main influences. Bone began his DJ career spinning groundbreaking sets weekly at The Love Club (The Shelter). From there he gained a dedicated following which eventually led to him playing at three different clubs five nights a week as well as several underground parties in Detroit. An invitation to provide fortnightly, live mixes for the Deep Space Radio show on 107.5 in Detroit was also extended. After hearing Bone in Detroit (1996 Love Club Anniversary Party) Laurent Garnier booked him to headline at the Rex Club in Paris. Soon after word spread and Bone was invited to play events all over Europe. He gained momentum and began performing in locations such as Tokyo, Slovenia, and Mexico to name a few. Observing a lack of electronic music, which fit his style, led Bone to produce his own original songs to incorporate into his funky and eclectic sets. He took it a step further and started his labels Subject Detroit and Encounter focusing on true Sonic Soul. In late 1997, Bone began his residency at the Motor Lounge in Hamtramck (bordering Detroit on all sides) pioneering an underground Detroit Techno night. Within a month, the number of Bone's weekly session attendees topped 1,000 as well as tens of thousands of others tuning in to his live set broadcast on the radio every Friday from midnight until 2 am (87.9 FM). Always looking to expand minds and move bodies, Bone took on the challenge avoided by so many DJ's before him familiar with Detroit by name only. For nearly three years, he amazed his crowds, which included out-of-towners from as far as Japan and Australia alongside his Detroit faithful. Unfortunately, due to Motor's attempt to exploit what Bone had founded and loved, he decided to depart from the club and his residency. Bone also has performed during concept car shows at the North American International Auto Show (twice), the Cadillac Concept car unveiling in Geneva, Switzerland the 2000-2002 DEMF, fashion events and was asked to serve as a Board Member for the 2002 DEMF. Observing the trend of producers being booked to spin as opposed to actual DJ's fueled Bone to go against the grain and establish himself as a DJ primarily. He believes that an individual's talent should speak for it and not be overshadowed or misconstrued by hype. Bone is currently focussing his attention on his record labels (Subject Detroit and Encounter), concentrating on pushing the imaginations of those who live for a true underground vibe.

Junior Freak

Think i'm gonna be in attendance to! gonna have to make sure i save some cash for these nights though! :roll: :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Bone n Voodoo.....recipe for a sick un!!
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Junior Freak

recon i'll be coming too this wanted to go to voodoo for a while now and its 2 days after my first wage so got no excuse not too.

Danny can i tag along with you as doubt any of my lot will be up for it :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by kittykorrupt
    recon i'll be coming too this wanted to go to voodoo for a while now and its 2 days after my first wage so got no excuse not too.

of course my dear....bout time you lost your voodoo cherry mi thinks!!

you can pay for my night out too then if your gettin paid around that time. ;)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykorrupt

of course my dear....bout time you lost your voodoo cherry mi thinks!!

you can pay for my night out too then if your gettin paid around that time. ;)
    you still owe me a nite out. Anyway you should get a job ya smelly student ;)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast