Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
Quote Originally Posted by fitipaldi
Quote Originally Posted by gumpy green
why the fuk do techno djs dont look at hiphop/turntablists to enhance thers???
You obviously don't listen to that much techno then mate, have a listen to the space djs for a start.

You can spot these dodgy HH producers a mile off. HH is created soley for the dancefloor and producers are influenced by things as diverse as the vacuum cleaner, to try to take this mentality over to the techno scene is wrong. Techno artists are obviously influenced by a far wider range of music and it shows in the quality of productions. For a HH producer/DJ to try to pass himself off as having any credibilty within the techno scene, they're going to have to do a bit of research. You can't just turn up with a bag of pounders and expect the crowd to go wild at a techno night, there has to be some thought behind it. The fact that techno tunes are so well produced compared to your average tidy realease means they stand out a mile in a HH club so they are obviously going to get a better reaction.

The crowds at techno clubs are usually far more clued up about the music and that is the reason they go to the night. This creates a special atmosphere in the club that I think people are passionate about protecting. I would hate to go down to a techno night and it be full of cyber spackers tw@tted on ket having gurn offs with each other. So to say that it doesn't matter if people know about the music or not is also wrong.

Just to add, those Alex Calver tracks on Juno are shite and are a perfect example of what I just said.

brilliant! think thats one of the best comments made on this board. :clap:
That is the biggest load of sh*t I've ever read