Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Swedish techno dj,s

I,ve just downloaded a few mixes from Adam beyer , Henrik b & im waiting for a cari lekebusch 1 but **** me these guys are awsome I,ve got a few tunes of theirs but wow Im thinking of taking it further I might convert to this style of techno because its having it to death Doe,s hertz dj or is he just a producer im not big on the euro techno scene i mostly stick to the engish techno scene ( NORTH WALES & THE FAT COLLECTIVE ROCK)
    Underground Techno=D.a.v.e The Drummer=The Daddy!!!!!!!

Junior Freak

The Swedes definatly ROCK STEADY.. Beyer and Cari are the whole reason i got into techno. I would also like to know if Hertz performs.. Ive never come across any sets by him.. Hertz and Skoog are def the swedish men of the hour.. Props
    Steel Grooves DJ Mixes @
    www.steelgrooves.net
    www.capitoltechno.com
    Get Ready to Rock Steady

Ultimate Freak

cough *ahem*

Junior Freak

The swedish are currently slowly taking over the world, and ill be wearing blue and yellow when they do ;)

Love the whole sound, very electro feeling and very forward thinking, Beyer, Lekebusch, Mull, Dahlback, Henrik B, Patrik Skoog, Hertz (? didnt realise he was swedish) but still they all fcuking rock.

Beyer's Essential Mix from 2002 is my bible, the first ever techno set i heard and still my favourite.

All in all, the swedish own.

Supreme Freak

Beyer and Lekebusch were where I started with techno as well and in fact the Swechno sound represents most of my vinyl collection (as I haven't been collecting new records for about two years now). I had the great pleasure of seeing Lekebusch live last October and he was fantastic, really lovely pumping sound and kept me on my feet all night.

Stil the new stuff their are mixing out doesn't compare to their old stuff, I've got some Beyer sets from 99/00 and they are some of the tightest mixes I've heard, the records all gem together nicely, mixing is smooth and there is a lovely progression of sound, atmosphere and pace throughout a set.

Junior Freak

I havent had the pleasure of hearing Cari yet. Played along side Beyer both times he played here in Austin, and he shocked the place both times all the house heads (all there really is around here) jaws were on the floor after witnessing some real mixing !! It was sweet.. Cari played in Houston a couple years back but i missed out..Would really like to hear him but I doubt he will be near again.

I remember the early Drumcode and Hybrid Prod trax.. They used to blow the **** out of all the other techno at the time.. Also remember when P Rhythm was all Cari,Adam,Lenk, used to love that stuff..
    Steel Grooves DJ Mixes @
    www.steelgrooves.net
    www.capitoltechno.com
    Get Ready to Rock Steady

Junior Freak

hertz doesn't really play out anymore because he's a family man. however, he recently just did his first live pa in a couple of years at dancevalley winter edition in december (i'm looking for a recording of that!). he also used to be a dmc style dj so he's definitely proficient on the decks. i think dr. octazahn has a older set of his, maybe he'll be kind enough to share it with us if someone asks nicely

as for the rest of the swedes......i love all of them :clap: ! adam beyer was the first techno dj i've ever saw and he is responsible for where i am today! i'd say close to 50% of my record collection is comprised of swedish techno.

best performance i've EVER seen (dj or live pa) was in 1999, in toronto, when adam beyer did a joint live pa with cari lekebusch ! i've never seen a place go off to techno as much as that night! that set i'm still looking for as well ;)

Banned

The swedish stuff got me into techno big time

I remember picking up force majuere by henrik b, and also a red zync release i think by johan bacto. Both wicked

Then i picked up shades of shape by headroom which was just un real!!!!

Junior Freak

swedish guys are awesome, they really push techno forward, skoog & bacto my favourite and of course art of music - mankind label

and lekebusch productions - he is really thinking while making his tracks, trying new combinations, showing new ways of making music, not just only that same&same repetative techno (sorry, but skankadelics for example)

Junior Freak

Pierre (Hertz) played alot before, but he didn´t play techno, just harder house and some club-music.
    Actually and as far as I know, it was Johan that got him into techno.

Pierre is also making almost every jingle in swedish television and radio :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

:lol:

BOA Mod

I though swedish guys conquered the world already couple of years ago?

adam beyer @ mental, minneapolis..I think its from 1998.. still one of his best sets for me..

also some cari's sets from 99/00 kick ass, amazing..
    but,I heard him few months ago in Zagreb and I wasnt really impressed with music selection..

when it comes to production - big respect to all of them..
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

BOA Lifetime Member

Swedish Techno is top class.
    I love Beyer to bits havent seen Joel Mull or hardcell mentioned yet the new Drumcode stuff is very very good indeed.
    And @ conflict shades of shape by headroom is mint theres an electroish track on there that I think samples Full metal jacket that shit be quality.

Ultimate Freak

always had a sound of there own the swedish absolutly splended. anyone got this track i got it a while ago on mainstation by joel mull sthlm mainstation el mix absolutly amazing stuff . :clap:

i always find trippy sounds in swedish techno that creates a great vibe in the party henrik b for instance always wikid noises in his tracks that sit underneath just perfect. fair play to him.
    :clap:
    anyone no of any new artists or labels coming out of sweden at the moment ? anything we should look out for? let us no. ;)

just like to ad to this post i saw henrik b at the orbit a few years ago and have to say was awsome 3 deck action wikid artist. ;)

he is a proper ginger ninja.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by andy james
    best performance i've EVER seen (dj or live pa) was in 1999, in toronto, when adam beyer did a joint live pa with cari lekebusch ! i've never seen a place go off to techno as much as that night! that set i'm still looking for as well ;)
    That sounds deadly. Let me know if/when you find it :)

Junior Freak

How could it be ! I forgot about Henrik ! Master !

btw. the next illgorhythm is soon ready for mastering, waiting for something like teorema, avalon or sonachine or side A from manwolf ;)

Junior Freak

what about samuel l sessions he's swedish ain't he?

Junior Freak

I saw Adam Beyer on new years eve, and I thought he was the best DJ of the night. :love:

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/playe...umber=20691639

listen to his set

Junior Freak

http://technolusion.plant.nl/albums_...adam_beyer.wmv

this filmed a friend of mine that night

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by sash
    what about samuel l sessions he's swedish ain't he?
    His new release is one of the best he's done in a long time, quality stuff :clap:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast