Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default YEY Fruity Studio.

Good innit!!?

I enjoy it on a daily basis and there isn't anything it can't do if you think outside the box. I look at cubase and ableton and see nothing that different. Don't see anything in Reason that's superior either. It aint what you got, it's what you do with it!

Ultimate Freak

Obviously you haven't dug deep enough into Live..... and I s'pose the same goes for Cubase ;)

Live does what Fruity can... and a WHOLE lot more.

BOA Lifetime Member

Such as? I can do a whole set offf fruity studio.

Junior Freak

Default Re: YEY Fruity Studio.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash
    Good innit!!?

I enjoy it on a daily basis and there isn't anything it can't do if you think outside the box. I look at cubase and ableton and see nothing that different. Don't see anything in Reason that's superior either. It aint what you got, it's what you do with it!
    cubase/logic etc are pretty different, but it's true there isnt much you cant work around with the newer versions of fl...

Ultimate Freak

If you really dig into warp markers you'll see what I mean.

Ultimate Freak

I do actually like fruity for quick sketches. But I always end up ripping the loops I've made and then putting them into Live as a backbone... build from there ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by xfive
    Care to eloaborate. I've no idea what you're talking about. What does it do?

BOA Lifetime Member

FL Studio kicks ass, simple!

ive always believed in "its not what u got, its what u do with it", well when it comes to production of course haha
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by xfive
    Care to eloaborate. I've no idea what you're talking about. What does it do?
    Here's a good start:

http://www.ableton.com/index.php?mai...p;sub=tips0504
    http://www.ableton.com/index.php?mai...p;sub=tips1203

Really just sit and screw around...

Junior Freak

Live and FL Studio, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    WHO IS ORIS?????

BOA Mod

unfortunaetly there is a major downside with FL studio.

no 24 bit export. (not the cool edit bollox)

also you fruity users need to have a good hard look at the sample length of your exported loops. they are nearly always innacurate. of differing lengths. there are ways to sort out the length in cubase, but it does show the programming aint right. (if you dont believe me export 4 loops from fruity, import em to cubase, set your tempo and then zoom in on the ends of all the loops, you'll notice they either reach past the loop points, or dont reach them at all. - this is something i've seen using different installs computers, cards situations etc etc etc...)

also the sound engine is shite. sounds great live, but not on export...

As a qualifier i have used fruity in live, studio and all creative situations and i love the program, but you gotta know the limits of your programs down to the most detailled level.

i still love it as a sketch pad - it sounds fat as ****, ableton IMHO does sound a bit clinical.

As ever , there is many a good tune played on an old fiddle.

;)

BOA Lifetime Member

im a heavy fruity user, and you can get great sound of that program if done right...........most people who say it has a shitty sound engine is because they have a shitty sound card and use the regular fruity plugins.........imo, if used proper you can acheive anything you want w/ it, i have so far in my tracks.........but to each his own

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyedgy

also you fruity users need to have a good hard look at the sample length of your exported loops. they are nearly always innacurate. of differing lengths. there are ways to sort out the length in cubase, but it does show the programming aint right. (if you dont believe me export 4 loops from fruity, import em to cubase, set your tempo and then zoom in on the ends of all the loops, you'll notice they either reach past the loop points, or dont reach them at all. - this is something i've seen using different installs computers, cards situations etc etc etc...)

As a qualifier i have used fruity in live, studio and all creative situations and i love the program, but you gotta know the limits of your programs down to the most detailled level.

i still love it as a sketch pad - it sounds fat as ****, ableton IMHO does sound a bit clinical.

;)
    That's only really a problem if you don't use fruity as a sequencer. If you know it inside out you can make some pretty awesome tracks with the right vst's.

Junior Freak

FL rocks big time
    ableton too,but they sare completely different progs imo...cant compare them...

the only pr0blem ive had with FL so far is with some reaktor patches, and they work fine in ableton n cubase
    nabrekla su tehno muda

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by audioinjection
    im a heavy fruity user, and you can get great sound of that program if done right...........most people who say it has a shitty sound engine is because they have a shitty sound card and use the regular fruity plugins.........imo, if used proper you can acheive anything you want w/ it, i have so far in my tracks.........but to each his own
    oh yeah... shitty soundcard. Hmmm how about o1x?

i've been using fruity from version 3. what i say is the truth. if you dont believe me about the OP check it out yourself.

besides which is said the audio engine is good when using it live, not when exporting, i stand by my decision.

I've written a production track from fruity, no probs with the engine there, i :love: fruity,but i willing to admit there are problems with it, dont you think its better to locate a problem and discuss it?

BOA Mod

;)
    That's only really a problem if you don't use fruity as a sequencer. If you know it inside out you can make some pretty awesome tracks with the right vst's.
    yes i have used the sequncer on many occasions... in at least 30 tracks i can remember. ;)

im no expert but i know what i see, and the problems are real.

BOA Lifetime Member

I've got nearly 300 tracks from the last two years on fruity and it just gets better and better the more I concentrate on the one elemnt.

Supreme Freak

Don't mean to patronise you at all, you clearly know what you are talking about, but are you SURE you aren't overlooking the wrap remainder / leave remainder / cut remainder options on export?

BOA Mod

im being deadly serious.

there are discrepencies in the loop export when using either wrap or cut.

I havent got fruity 5 to check this problem exists yet, but i defo exists in 4.5.2 as this is the version im working on.

ill download the demo to see if the problem still exists.

anyone else care to comment

it'll be so embarrasing if its just me...

Supreme Freak

Hehe I'll have a check when I get home - I've never encountered it, but as I work pretty much exclusively withing Fruity I wouldn't have!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast