Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by j sainsbury
    p.s

expect a uk tek this summer, ;)
    stop stop! :wicked: dont tell me i will be cracking 1 off in a minute.. :love:

alls i can say to that is foooookinnnnn avit!

Supreme Freak

There is the Encompass festival thing this year in London which very much seems inspired by Sonar.

Encompass

Ultimate Freak

good very good but its London hardly a sense of freedom...i think a huge festival of such should be held in a place like cornwal,its a gettaway for everyone from the fast city that is London.im from wales an admit wen im in London i cant relax and enjoy myself because the place is quite frankly off its head! so great to hear the insperation from the sonnar thing but i cant see it going down to well in London . or it may do i just feel somthing like this should be away from all the lifes and striffs of a city! and a safer option all the same! ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

I think cornwall is a nightmare in terms of the councils and stuff.
    We had loads of trouble organising the eclipse festival that we did.
    South england or west, but not cornwall or devon may be better.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Junior Freak

we had the uk tek in a nice little quarry in nottingham. now that was lush
    nightmare sound

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    I think cornwall is a nightmare in terms of the councils and stuff.
    We had loads of trouble organising the eclipse festival that we did.
    South england or west, but not cornwall or devon may be better.
    yep i no steve! but its ok i have a freind who is a female techno dj and also works for the goverment with land etc i dont no all the details its her work but she has told me it wouldent be a problem.......she could sort it.

also there is a new charity which she runs called the celtic trust.wot this in tails is every 1 who donates gets a peice of land with there name on it,the idea beeing the more names owning 1 peice of land it stops people beeing able to build on it...like on historical land etc...... so there are many ways to get the land for such an event thats not a problem its whether or not people would be up for it.....its just an option thats there if its needed. ;)

Ultimate Freak

we had the uk tek in a nice little quarry in nottingham. now that was lush
    no busts!!!! ? fairplay! :clap: avitit!

Junior Freak

wales is a good place, a few big parties have kicked off up there, but the last one resullted in serious problems, a police man lost his eye, 5 year old kids got cs gased, generators thrown off clifs, records stolen, phones stolen by the police and any one with a video camera had it taken, seriosu riot, this is the risk u run doing it
    nightmare sound

Junior Freak

i wouldnt have thought a message board was the best place to throw around ideas for organising the u.k teknival !!!

doing freepartys is ilegal. this is no club night your planning ladys and gents.

Ultimate Freak

wales is a good place, a few big parties have kicked off up there, but the last one resullted in serious problems, a police man lost his eye, 5 year old kids got cs gased, generators thrown off clifs, records stolen, phones stolen by the police and any one with a video camera had it taken, seriosu riot, this is the risk u run doing it
    dont have to tell me that mate ive been in a lot of riots! early days nightmare.....the law in north wales is a jokr forget it..do you no just last week a woman was chased down a moterway by a frigin helicopter and a police car for eating a apple at the weel.....they are sad and just love to fuk partys up round ere on a massive scale anyway! its been done believe me 5000 people multi rigs turning up you name it we done the lot up here but the law just take the piss! ;) south wales may be an option but dont no,

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by ollie303
    i wouldnt have thought a message board was the best place to throw around ideas for organising the u.k teknival !!!

doing freepartys is ilegal. this is no club night your planning ladys and gents.
    ummmmm mate read the posts its not a teknovul we thinking its more of a uk festival bash along the lines of wot sonar do in spain.......so to speak.this post is for ideas and knowlage of how such an event could take place! we no we cant do a massive free party styly! without hassel! there sum good words from jay in a previous post where he talks of how abroad the authoritys let them av it once a year! same in portugal techno land. so we are european arnt we if its good for 1 why not for all ? ;) but then again canabise is leagle in holland! hahahahah! it will happen 1 day im sure! ;)

Ultimate Freak

[quote="j sainsbury"

if you look in europe the teknivals are massive an always kick off, well most the time, an they have massive systems, venues, an lots of people there for the whole time it is on, this is because they are much more close an another reason is the law over there doesnt actualy allow free parties, when they do go off they get shut down, peopel get arrested, sound systems burnt, so a lot of crews have come togtehr with the law an arranged a date or 2 each year they are allowed a party, hence this is only 1 or 2 days a year everyone is in on it, so they are massive an always kick off,

got me scratching me chin! ;)

Supreme Freak

What happened to the CD project?

Junior Freak

im not talkig about organising anything, or organising anything, im just speaking about the subject, chill ollie man.

and its spelt 'TEKNIVAL'
    nightmare sound

Ultimate Freak

ay! lads i dident right this post to have a slagging match on the words teknival....in fact i dident no it would piss so many of you off! humm! i just want to see somthing techno and major once a year in this country.

so you wanna talk free party go for it, us north wales guys have got some helava years behind us and we have had every type of shit thrown at us for the last 15 years......i think back now to wen i was a teenager in bangor looking down the beach of a riot squad about to beat the shit out of us.....and they did .we had massive partys here anglesey for instence 10,000 plus people all in 1 quarry again major riot and police bust! so we have a long history up here and are more than qualified wen it comes to free party`s, so stop coming with this teknival is a sacred word bollox! this is 2005 we want somthing big in this country that is an underground event once a year that everyone gets involved sorta thing! just like our spanish brothers at sonar!

now then guys some of you may not like it but it has to be said if such an event can take place then some liasing with the law will have to be a must! its like this guys ive spent to many years seeing great big partys beeing busted! its not nice people get hert ,and its not realy wot we want to see. id like to go to such an event in this country with the comfort in my head of here is a huge big mother of a techno festival,that is on for 2 or 3 days and a guarantee! it wont get busted. i think that in itsself will make a lot of people happy. ;)

i say if the spanish can do then so can we.

glastonberry is crap for me now i dont even go ,the only reason i used to go was to stay on the traveler field .that in itself was awsome infact it was like a teknival on its own ,but now the authorties and the rip off organisers of glastonberry have stopped it. yea ok im all for the green peice charity but wot happend to the freedom of people down there. its bollox! we need somthing in the uk now, . its a piss take, we have a country full of amazing techno artist ,labels distributers etc etc etc
    and we dont even have our own festival, . guys its about time somthink wen off! plans are already beeing prepared for 2006.....we shall see wot happens if we dont suceed then at least we had ago cant say farer than that! ;)

Supreme Freak

There is a big party help up in the Scottish borders in Palgowen every year by one of my mates. The one last year ran four four days, had a dozen rigs and a thousand odd people or so. It's not a proper free party zone though, tickets cost 20 quid (which is bang cheap if you consider it) but it's far away from civilisation, doesn't get hassled by the police and is a great location for it. The only problem with last years is that they allowed too many rigs on the site which diluted the crowds a bit too much, this year they are planningon keeping a tighter reign on stuff to keep the crowds around the rigs bigger.

Have a nosey

http://palgowan.proboards23.com/index.cgi#general

Ultimate Freak

yes mate i have some cool scotish free party dudes up there...they are cool as, i think i no who you are talking of! anyway fairplay to the celtic brothers .....i will pm you dude! ;)

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dust
    What happened to the CD project?

lol when you guys actually get something going LET US KNO! ;)

Ultimate Freak

sound will do , :roll: this will take a long time and research so 2006 should be ok....that way things are not rushed and ballsed up! ;) there are many ways of doing this so wot we need is ideas and who would be up for getting involved. ideal event would be mainstages catering for each genere of techno + electro old school etc etc and probably there will be loads of traveling rigs to it depends how people want to see it.......we will see in a few months time how posible it will be..things will be more clearer.like i said i will be deffinatly going to sonar this year and research for myself how they actually run it... ;)

Junior Freak

TEKNIVAL TENIVALlllpweufgiogeurehb
    nightmare sound

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast