Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BOA Newbie

According to Mixmag it's now very 'cool' to listen to Techno. Grrr...

BOA Newbie

miasma man...that a great thread..i agree on many points.

and mixmag is @#%$...leeches.

-z

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    Someone tell me why....

How come techno has not become huge in the UK?
    Do you still think this is the case, Mark? Techno has grown considerably in the last 6 months, although somewhat negatively in my opinion.

BOA Lifetime Member

Some people are extremeley scared of techno. If you called it something else and marketed it as that it would turn a few more heads.

I agree with ryan, techno is getting quite comercialized in britain. Techno is always broadcast on radio 1 now.Pete tong had sunshine as his tune of the weekor month or something!!! In the last six months Beyer, Hawtin< Vaith, Ade Fenton and dave clarke have all been on radio 1. Some of them EM's but Clarkey and Fenton? I really wouldnt mind that much if fergie played the ocasional techno tune but

1) He plays the most shit techno around and people who know no better think this is the sound of techno.

2) He needs a leson in how to mix it propperly, he doesnt have to be seamless simon all the time.

3) Hes just a tit wank.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by ampassasinbirmingham

3) Hes just a tit wank.
    No, tit wanks are amazing.

Keepin' it Unreal

I think one of the things with techno and outsiders is that if you look at any other genre,(lets say trance), you can listen to a 30 second piece of the main break and you can instantly see where the tune is coming from and u can tell if its a good tune or not.

But with techno you cant do that, its about the whole tune, you need to listen to most of it, maybe a few times, to get the feel for the tune and where its coming from!!

Junior Freak

i think techno will never be commercial because nine out ten people like to hear crap and cheesy riffs furthermore they want everything handed to them on a platter. They don't want to think and techno is to complex for the masses (the microwave age)

techno is a continually changing tool, not a finnished product, which thrives on it being unknown to the masses (sub-culture and never mainstream). This is a marketeers nightmare: how must he/she sell something that can't excist without it's compettitors, is largely unpredictable to outsiders and maybe more important want's to stay underground...?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12