Quote Originally Posted by phantomdj
Quote Originally Posted by Will
What do Liverpool fans think about the Spanish signings then? Rafa bigged up several spanish players (he signed) ahead of Carragher, not sure any of them have been amazing from what i've seen...

I think Liverpool should sign Cygan, Almunia, maybe Lehman...
haha, cyhan, almunia and lehman are sub-liverpool standard... if we are getting rid of smicer and the like, why replace them with players who perform haphazardly?

Alonso and Garcia have been awesome for liverpool... its a shame that lampard broke alonso's leg when he was flying for liverpool...could have been a different story in the league... as for the other spanish, maybe they need more time to settle...

I want to keep an english backbone, or at least a scandinavian / german / english one...

if we have too many latin players we will be kicked off the park by most teams in the premier league because the latin players have no real backbone, they are all about flair... and coming up against english teams ... little chance of being able to execute that flair... we need the harder players ... english / german / scandinavian types... who arent going to pussy out of tackles and be kicked about...

We could do with Owen Hargreaves, ... we could do with scouting the south american quality that bayern munich always seem to find.. they have flair, but they are harder too... (well they can handle teh german winter , heh)
I was joking, I hope someone takes them off our hands at least! With the possible exception of Lehmann...