Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Mix CDs/Albums

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Mix CDs/Albums

as i usually never have a bean to my name, everytime i get any cash it goes straight to buying new records.

saying that, i never get around to buying any cds, the last one ive bought was closer to the edit.

just wonderin if anyone has any recommendations??

i just saw an Eric Sneo one on juno...might be interesting

Junior Freak

Dj Bone has a new one coming out soon , mostly unreleased tracks. Should be worth a listen

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Fan
    Dj Bone has a new one coming out soon , mostly unreleased tracks. Should be worth a listen
    it's ALL unreleased tracks and it's definitely worth a listen. double cd, too.

BOA Lifetime Member

So, are they gonna stay unreleased?

Ultimate Freak

several of the bone tracks will come out and i know a few of mine likely will. but not sure about the likes of sims, williams, deetron etc. up to them i guess. i think bone may be talking about some Subject releases following up the cd.

lemme tell ya, you hope they come out. :) there are some amazing tracks on these CDs. stephen brown, eamonn doyle, rennie foster, sic note, niko marks, roku - all standouts. there's a track called "Tears" by Aaron Carl that's just amazing. i normally like it a little harder but Tears is a track that'll make you forget you think there is a difference between house and techno.

and i think people are going to flip out hearing bone's speech at the end of the cd.

if you buy the cd directly from Subject Detroit you get a free 7" of unreleased bone stuff. email subjectdetroit@gmail.com

BOA Lifetime Member

Havent even heard them & was already hoping some do come out. This cd should be el topo

Junior Freak

Mix CD's are always rubbish compared to live mixes, I really don't see the point of them at all - they always sound flat and lifeless (with the exception of Liquid Rooms of course..)

Junior Freak

Default Re: Mix CDs/Albums

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn
    just wonderin if anyone has any recommendations??

i just saw an Eric Sneo one on juno...might be interesting
    Any of the Sneo cd's kick bottom - the Terminal M one is quality, but my favourite at the moment is the Palazzo one.

Having said that my favourite last week week was Slave to the Beat. Can't go wrong with any of em in my opinion.

Michael Burkat 'Schranz in White' is good, the 'Taste' cd mixed by Misjah is good also.

It's harder to find quality cds, which is a pisser if you don't mix (like me) coz buying tons of vinyl is a bit daft.