Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BOA Lifetime Member

To be honest getz, I largely agree with you.

The problems being...

By trade I am a futures analyst. I love my vinyl, but I can see that is has had its day and it is doomed. Decks will still sell, vinyl will continue but a flood gate has been opened. Digital is here and it aint going away.

MP3 problems - low quality bitrate, poor quality and limited audio problems just aint gonna save vinyl. You can bet your socks that within a few years we will have lossless compression formats that are accessible and easily obtainable.

I will miss vinyl but to be honest I have stopped buying it. Slate me all you want but I can't afford it. And I know too many people producing for a living and I know damn well exactly how much they get from the £6-7 I pay for their music.

I want to support techno, the scene and the producers but I will be taking a break until someone starts offering me new releases in a format I think is fairly priced. In the interim I won't steal, but many others will.

Within a few years online will start to provide everyone with all their media needs - tv, radio, press etc. Digital formats are the future, and they empower the creators of the content.

What pisses me off is that I now need to buy final scratch or cd decks to play.

VINYL - RIP and I will miss you

But you can't block progress, no more than you can hold back the tide...

I feel an essay coming on. Will post my thoughts soon

x

BOA Lifetime Member

if CD players would play 24-bit medium,, would also be good, i think..
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

BOA Lifetime Member

i was thinking about red book standard, ,,why the CD is playing 16bit 44.1,,, and not 24bit 44.1.. answer someone?
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by BloodStar
    i was thinking about red book standard, ,,why the CD is playing 16bit 44.1,,, and not 24bit 44.1.. answer someone?
    cos when the redbook was created no-one produced in 24bit. time to re-write the book i guess

Supreme Freak

Lossless Audio Codec = FLAC

You get to choose what ratio.

Still, the poor state of internet speed and capping is largely to blame for the slow uptake of this technology. But, in good time this will get better. We are just, as always, ahead of the technology.......
    LivePA
    That is all...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123