Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: miss kitten

Hybrid View

Banned

Default miss kitten

found this on another website just now...

STATEMENT FROM info@celtronic.co.uk ( Derry )

We would rather be sitting at this stage reminiscing about a great night but
    instead we feel compelled to set the record straight about the actions of Miss
    Kittin at our event on Friday night past. After years of negotiations, we
    finally secured a date for Miss Kittin to play at our clubnight. It was a night
    we were really looking forward to enjoying ourselves but due to the actions of
    Miss Kittin, we found this impossible. In all our time of promoting parties, we
    feel we have never been treated so badly by a visiting artist.

The venue we had chosen to put Miss Kittin on was The Nerve Centre where we have
    put on a variety of DJ’s and live acts including Laurent Garnier, Dave Clarke,
    X-Press 2, Mylo, 2020 Soundsystem, Jon Carter, Layo & Bushwacka, Justin
    Robertson, Slam, Paul Daley, Tom Middleton, Erol Alkan, Andrew Weatherall, Lee
    Burridge, Mr C, David Holmes, DJ Format & MC Abdominal, Radioactive Man,
    Fingathing, Silicone Soul, Umek, Craig Richards, James Zabiela, Billy Nasty,
    Jazzanova, James Lavelle, Scratch Perverts, DJ Craze, The Psychonauts, Si Begg.
    The Nerve Centre has also hosted some of the biggest names in rock music
    including The Thrills, The Undertones, Ian Brown, The Zutons, Embrace, Gomez,
    David Gray, Sinead O’Connor, The Doves.

Miss Kittin was picked up at Belfast Airport by taxi which transported her to
    The Tower Hotel in Derry where we had booked her the most expensive suite as
    well as an additional room for her manager. On meeting Miss Kittin and her
    manager outside the hotel and welcoming them to our city, we were greeted by
    Miss Kittin with ‘It’s ****ing freezing’ - no hello, nothing.

On returning to the hotel to bring Miss Kittin and her manager to the club, we
    advised Miss Kittin that the club was next door to the hotel so we would walk to
    the club. After walking no more than 15 metres, Miss Kittin stopped dead in her
    tracks and said ‘This is next door… where is the ****ing club?’ We told Miss
    Kittin that the club was just another 30 metres away round the corner.

We then took Miss Kittin to the boardroom of The Nerve Centre where we had a
    large range of drinks, fruit and various snacks prepared for her. Initially
    refusing a drink, Caroline then said ‘How am I meant to enjoy myself tonight.
    It took me six ****ing hours to get here and I’m ****ing freezing. I could have
    been in New York’. Prior to booking her extremely expensive flights, we had
    suggested several alternative travel options to Miss Kittin that would have got
    her to Derry quicker. We also warned her of the regular delays that take place
    at Heathrow on Friday evenings. However there was no flexibility with Miss
    Kittin regarding flights.

Miss Kittin eventually decided to have a bottle of water but complained that she
    did not want the water if it was too cold as she was already ‘****ing freezing’.
    We then brought Miss Kittin upstairs to the venue to commence her set. We pride
    ourselves on providing everything artists ask for. The setup on stage was
    perfect, as was asked for in the contract. Both our resident DJ’s tried to
    introduce themselves to Miss Kittin but were greeted with a hateful ‘I don’t
    understand you’. After starting her set, we are informed by her manager that
    there was a problem. Basically, the problem was that Caroline was used to
    playing in bigger venues in front of larger crowds. At this stage the venue was
    only open an hour and there were nearly 300 people in the venue and there were
    people still coming in to the club.

We are then informed that Miss Kittin will play for 1 hour only and that we
    should have one of our DJ’s ready to take over. Informed by her manager that
    there was no way of changing her mind, one of our residents took over from Miss
    Kittin after she had played 75 minutes. At the end of the night, when paying her
    fee to her manager, we asked what should we say to the clubbers who had came to
    the club to hear Miss Kittin. He informed us that we should lie, ‘tell the
    people she was sick or something as she has fans and she would not want to
    disappoint her fans.’

These are the fans that she refused to acknowledge all night and basically
    refused to play for. We have always found that truth is the best policy and we
    are not going to change now and we don’t believe feigning illness for Miss
    Kittin to keep her reputation intact as a good enough reason to change this
    policy. Within the genres of music we promote, we find that the majority of
    people that we invite to play are likeminded people, sociable and polite but
    more importantly professional. In almost eight years of putting on parties, Miss
    Kittin is the outstanding exception to this rule.

We have been lucky enough to host some of the world’s top DJ’s and producers
    over the years who always retain a sense of honesty and humility. Derry may not
    be as cosmopolitan as New York, Paris or Milan but you will be hard pushed to
    find a more receptive or passionate crowd. Most visiting DJ’s comment on the
    great reaction and warmth of the people. There is no excuse or valid reason for
    Miss Kittin’s actions on Friday night. She was getting paid a lot of money to
    play records for a couple of hours. All we wanted was for her to do her job.

BOA Newbie

what did you expect from someone with such a bad taste in music * :love:
    masswank. dont cry dont cry is good is good

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

diva techno, a new genre :roll:

wtf, i cant believe she acted like a spoilt star, brings her manager with her, top hotel room, dressing room with fruits, drinks etc, jeez
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Junior Freak

I said it on livesets, I'll say it here -

she's just not a good artist. She has a dead voice, one that sounds like she's sold all the soul she's had. All the tracks she's done by herself invariably are weaker than the ones with others producing her beats for her. And of those, the producers invariably show their true streagnth when working with a competant singer. For instance, miss kitten and the hacker is good, but the hacker by himself or with oxia is amazing.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by new
    I said it on livesets, I'll say it here -

she's just not a good artist. She has a dead voice, one that sounds like she's sold all the soul she's had. All the tracks she's done by herself invariably are weaker than the ones with others producing her beats for her. And of those, the producers invariably show their true streagnth when working with a competant singer. For instance, miss kitten and the hacker is good, but the hacker by himself or with oxia is amazing.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Junior Freak

Amazing what a little bit of 'fame' does to some people.....I dont care how big one thinks they are, there's no excuse for that kind of behavior-even if they are having a bad day. There are plenty of other people out there that would LOVE to have the same opportunity to travel and play all over the world that dont act in such a disgusting manner

Administrator

hold on guys!!

you don't know her!

you're dont know the story behind this!

i really wish ppl would stop doing this. this is the internet!

just leave these stupid things to rumour machines.

no need to pass judgement.

:)

Administrator

i could write anything right here about miss kitten right now and you'd all be like 'wow, is she really that bad'.

i hate reading posts like this cause it's just so silly to presume.

if you're not at the horse when the horse speaks, then leave the paddock.

my new saying hahaha

:)

BOA Mod

For my part, i can see some truth in this, i have met her last year when i Vj'd for most wanted in leeds. She pretty much snubbed me and those around me and her entourage were really quite snobby.

As for her skillz, she was a good DJ, with a good sense of crowd control and a dynamite box of tunes. She blew up that night for sure. she cant scratch (downer) her beat matching was good, and mixing smooth not deck tricks tho..(downer)

Her music i can personally take or leave.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

yeah, your right, could all be rumours for all we know.
    and im no jockey so i'll leave the paddock, eh :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

well these guys have had a bad experience and i think they should be allowed to inform people what happened, or they could just keep schtum and take the rap for something that wasnt their fault and not warn anyone else what to expect when they book her? ive met her, tried to say hi, walked right past, she pretty much snubbed everyone that night in question and left as soon as she had finished, and she wasnt even that good and Radioactive man played after her, who at the end had a big long chat with us all by the bar about music and what he was up to. thats more like it

Supreme Freak

What I find odd is that when you book someone or people go to see someone they think that said booking should be "their" best mate, it's a classic case of One Law For Them and Another for Us. This "ownership" thing is plain odd to me.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dust
    What I find odd is that when you book someone or people go to see someone they think that said booking should be "their" best mate, it's a classic case of One Law For Them and Another for Us. This "ownership" thing is plain odd to me.
    If someone is being booked to play they are being employed to carry out a job. General courtesy should be expected. Celtronic are a reputable bunch of folk, I doubt they'd be making an issue over this if it wasn't called for.

Supreme Freak

That's not what I'm saying tho Sunil, read it again mate. Just look at some of the statements and see how out of context they are.

I don't disagree with some of points but can you see what I'm saying...

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

That's not what I'm saying tho Sunil, read it again mate. Just look at some of the statements and see how out of context they are.

i can see what your saying, but i want the dj's i see on a night out to bake me a nice cake, its not too much to ask is it :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, I guess some of the points are drawn out a bit. Maybe they expected a bit more from her alright, although maybe they're just used to a better quality of guest in the manners stakes?

I'll admit, I'm biased. I think little of Miss. Kittin, what she's done or what she offers to the scene in general. She's a self serving egotist, who thinks a lot more of herself than she probably should. I heard her interviewed on the radio the other week and that basically sealed it for me. The girl speaks of herself in the same breath as Richie Hawtin and Sven Vath, and while the industry has pushed her swiftly up the ranks, I'm afraid I don't buy it at all.

Respect to her for getting out there and having some personality, frankly though she is someone that does nothing for me, and I would actually far prefer to hear Shania Twain sing than listen to her.

Supreme Freak

I also wouldn't have done this in public either and if they where unhappy why did they pay her? Did they not say anything? Seems a bit odd.

BOA Lifetime Member

if that story is true, thats some f***** up shit

who wants to put up with that bitching

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil

Yeah, I guess some of the points are drawn out a bit. Maybe they expected a bit more from her alright, although maybe they're just used to a better quality of guest in the manners stakes?

I'll admit, I'm biased. I think little of Miss. Kittin, what she's done or what she offers to the scene in general. She's a self serving egotist, who thinks a lot more of herself than she probably should. I heard her interviewed on the radio the other week and that basically sealed it for me. The girl speaks of herself in the same breath as Richie Hawtin and Sven Vath, and while the industry has pushed her swiftly up the ranks, I'm afraid I don't buy it at all.

Respect to her for getting out there and having some personality, frankly though she is someone that does nothing for me, and I would actually far prefer to hear Shania Twain sing than listen to her.

I always keep the two things apart, I figure I've no need to like her on a personal level at all, if I like the music all is well - after all, I don't have to work/live with her nor do I have to agree with anything she says or does.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by audioinjection
    if that story is true, thats some f***** up shit

who wants to put up with that bitching

Maybe this is why women in the industry have such a hard time....because of women like Miss Kittin.

And to Mark, I realize that there are 2 sides to every story-which I am sure the other side will come out, but comm'on......true or not, do you think it's ok to act in such a bitchy manner regardless? I am actually curious to hear what she has to say about all of this.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast