Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Can anyone...

Supreme Freak

Default Can anyone...

Make me up or perhaps point me in the direction of something that will tell me how to make a website ?

I don't have a bástárd clue how to go about it.

I want facility for mp3 downloads and a small shop, how does this gear work?

Is it unrealistic to think I can do this all myself, having precious little knowledge of what I'm doing... ?

Any help is much appreciated

Parsnip

Default Re: Can anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Music

Is it unrealistic to think I can do this all myself, having precious little knowledge of what I'm doing... ?
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: No, but be prepared to spend a lot of time learning and getting things wrong before you get them right.

If you were just putting together a simple website with a few mp3 downloads then that might be one thing, but an online shop makes life a bit more difficult - especially if you want to take credit card transactions etc. over the web. This is often better handed over to a third party... who will handle the transactions for you in return for a percentage.

WebMonkey is the place to get started though, IMHO.

Ultimate Freak

Default Re: Can anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Music
    Make me up or perhaps point me in the direction of something that will tell me how to make a website ?

I don't have a bástárd clue how to go about it.

Any help is much appreciated
    a shop will be out of the question in the short term. probably better to use ebay/paypal and just link to ebay from your site.

as for everything else - it should be easy. if you're not prepared to put the time in to learn HTML and cant find a friend to do it for you, then buy a copy of dreamweaver and use that. its a bit like creating a word document, only its tailered for webpages and it doesnt write as much garbage code as a lot of the other rival webdevelopment packages (though its still not as perfect as writting the HTML yourself)