Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rejasond

so my thinkin is that labels should get in on the action and make money out of it. i for one think that 1 pound is very good value for a download, and i'd rather pay the label than download illegally.
    The stay up forever collective sell MP3s at truelove.co.u.

I also think top side of £2.50 is a more reasonable price when you consider the artists dont only make the music for their love of it, some of them make the tunes to make the money to feed themselves / thier families.

BOA Newbie

you will only play mp3's on a proper rig once, then realise quite how shit they sound, and go back to vinyl.

they might be ok for a bit of bedroom stuff, but i agree with some of the others here that you should pay for your techno as the producers are not the uber rich.

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm
    you will only play mp3's on a proper rig once, then realise quite how shit they sound, and go back to vinyl.

they might be ok for a bit of bedroom stuff, but i agree with some of the others here that you should pay for your techno as the producers are not the uber rich.
    but buying mp3s direct is probably just as profitable for the producers as there are minimal overheads.. and truelove sell you the masters at 320kps... so quality isnt really an issue.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

of course qualitys an issue, you will still hear a loss of sound quality from any mp3, especially on a good system.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Supreme Freak

That's RUBBISH, mate. NON-SENSE.

I've rocked loads of shows off the back of virtual dj software. I use it so I can play ALL my own stuff, not other peoples tunes. I don't have any complaints on the sound front, nor have any of the people in the clubs I've played.

Sure if you get some techno off of soulseek or whatever that is at 96kbps and sounds like it's recorded through a wall of running water it's not going to cut the mustard over a PA. But then, if you're downloading from soulseek you deserve this quality (I reckon, anyway!).

On the other hand, if you encode at 256-320 kbps then it's no different from CD imo and you have less of a problem with errant harmonics as the mp3 process shaves 'em off.

Your attitude is a bit silly, I reckon.

I'm also pretty unimpressed with the Curve Pusher stance on things, to be honest. Fair enough I understand you've businesses to support but I think it's more than reasonable to say the market for what you guys do is dying off (format wise). I'm in the same boat, don't get me wrong - I just don't think one can stop the inevitability of progress and reckon that in attempting to do so you're only going to hurt yourselves.

It appears we have all fallen on shaky ground

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    of course qualitys an issue, you will still hear a loss of sound quality from any mp3, especially on a good system.
    if you can honestly tell me that you can tell a 320 mp3, then i want some of whatever you're on!!! :roll:

i'm sorry but that is as close to clarity audio as you'll get... mp3 at that encoding shaves off frequencies that are inaudible to the human ear... if you had hearing that good, you'd walk around all day with your ears covered and crying in pain!

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Just Music
    That's RUBBISH, mate. NON-SENSE.

I've rocked loads of shows off the back of virtual dj software. I use it so I can play ALL my own stuff, not other peoples tunes. I don't have any complaints on the sound front, nor have any of the people in the clubs I've played.

Sure if you get some techno off of soulseek or whatever that is at 96kbps and sounds like it's recorded through a wall of running water it's not going to cut the mustard over a PA. But then, if you're downloading from soulseek you deserve this quality (I reckon, anyway!).

On the other hand, if you encode at 256-320 kbps then it's no different from CD imo and you have less of a problem with errant harmonics as the mp3 process shaves 'em off.

Your attitude is a bit silly, I reckon.

I'm also pretty unimpressed with the Curve Pusher stance on things, to be honest. Fair enough I understand you've businesses to support but I think it's more than reasonable to say the market for what you guys do is dying off (format wise). I'm in the same boat, don't get me wrong - I just don't think one can stop the inevitability of progress and reckon that in attempting to do so you're only going to hurt yourselves.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BOA Newbie

Default lawrie no way

contacting lawrie is a wasye of time he wants nothing to do with digital formats and wont sell nothing on mp3, or compile cds aslong as vinyl is around...

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Just Music

we are not trying to impress you with our policy towards digital music,
    but we do try to impress with quality audio.
    yeah records are more expensive than mp3`s but as far as audio reproduction is concerned you get what you pay for.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rejasond
    Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    if you can honestly tell me that you can tell a 320 mp3, then i want some of whatever you're on!!! :roll:

i'm sorry but that is as close to clarity audio as you'll get... mp3 at that encoding shaves off frequencies that are inaudible to the human ear... if you had hearing that good, you'd walk around all day with your ears covered and crying in pain!

i gotta agree woth jamie here, i encode all our vinyl releases to 320 kbs and there is no audible loss of quality. We send our tunes to be mastered on cd. A 320 kbs mp3 is the same as a cd!!!

Junior Freak

I spent some time DJing with Traktor using lame-encoded 320 rate MP3s, and they sounded fine. I *did* notice shit quality at lower bitrates, which only happened when I tried playing some "rare" track I had downloaded. Otherwise, I played only the files I had legitimately ripped from the CDs in my collection.

I'm in the process of building a rather large collection of old acid compilation CDs, as I actually prefer the sound quality. Once they're ripped to MP3, I have good sound, and no crackling/muffle/skipping/etc. that could plague the same tracks if I bought them on 10-year-old vinyl.

Everything has its application.

Junior Freak

Oh, and I don't think Truelove deals strictly in 320 rate files. Some of the listed filesizes are simply too small for the duration of the track. Most of my stuff done at 320 is about 18MB. It's too bad, because I'd gladly pay for the tunes if they could sort out their MP3 quality.

Supreme Freak

jessie we will drop the bomb soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12